• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The one thing that will make Both @Spud2nique and @KG01 cringe... at the same time...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was thinking about the landscape of basketball...   and this thought occurred to me.

It would make @Spud2nique and @kg01 cringe.

What if  Toronto traded Siakam to Minnesota for KAT?

This has to be a strong possibility. 

Minnesota has to get out of one of their big salaries.  KAT is the only one that will move. 

Toronto may not take what we're offering but KAT would be a great fit for them if they can move Jonas.

Here's why Toronto does it...

KAT is a much better fit for them.  It allows them to look at Barnes as the primary.   KAt is a guy who doesn't have to have the ball in his hands to be effective.  Moreover, he can hit shots.   Moreover, he can grow with Barnes, d*ck, and OG and Precious.   Chemistry wise, it would be a master stroke.

Minnesota gets out of the upcoming KAT 50 Million dollars.   They don't care if Siakam won't sign.  Even better.  they would probably rather trade him off for what they can get.

Here's where the Hawks come in....

Minnesota would be more likely to take Bufkin, Hunter, and Mills for Siakam.  They have Jordan McLaughlin as their future at PG... and he's not that good.  They get Bufkin.  A guy who can run the offense with Edwards into the future.  Wings of Hunter and McDaniels could make some noise as both 2 ways.  It would be a good haul for them. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

The idea of Tor and Min swapping is actually pretty interesting.

My powers as the beyonder help me to see that this is a good move for Toronto and Minny... kinda.

Spoiler

It opens the door. Siakam will only make Minny worse because he clogs the lane.  IF they did the trade it would be merely to get rid of KAT's contract.   To have one year of his career wasted may make Ant Edwards ask out... and guess who has a good package to give?

Either that...

or they can make our three way work and take Hunter/Bufkin for the rental.