• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New rule change no resting 2 stars ⭐️

Spud2nique

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 that means @AHF can’t have us both missing in Hawks game nights otherwise @lethalweapon3 will get in his a$$.

Eggsactly.  But AH and lw3 can definitely miss the same games.  🤓. Haha, who gets the joke?

I like this rule but not because I think it'll fix load managing.  I like it because they'll go back to flat out lying about injuries.  Right now, they're telling lies that they think are palatable.  So-and-so needs "rest" or whatever.  I want them to have to lie about an actual injury ... then I want the league to go back to the days of the injured list.  When a guy had to sit a minimum number of games when they got put on it.

That's how you fix load management, folx.  'Cause nobody wants to be told the number of games they "have" to be out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
  • Moderators
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmmm....so is it the players or the team trainers/GM etc. that want the load management 🤔????

As with many things with players, I suspect there is a diversity of views on this where some area happy for the nights off and others resent it.  As for teams, I suspect they do what they want on this regardless (i.e., players will generally be expected to play when healthy enough to play but if the team trainers/GMs think it is in the team's best interest to rest Tim Duncan than they do that.)  We've definitely seen some teams embrace the load management idea more than others.

The impact on tanking frankly interests me more because that is the bigger threat to legitimate competition.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I do recall it being mentioned that players fight to play before ultimately relenting.  But I also have seen it mentioned that some players see load managing as a badge of honor of sorts.  Like only big stahrs like me get to load manage.  So it's probably like the Lillard trade sitch.  Both sides want it but neither wants to take the blame for it. 

If you follow the money, teams need to maximize their investments by keeping guys healthy longer so that that FWIW.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 that means @AHF can’t have us both missing in Hawks game nights otherwise @lethalweapon3 will get in his a$$.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly.  But AH and lw3 can definitely miss the same games.  🤓. Haha, who gets the joke?

I like this rule but not because I think it'll fix load managing.  I like it because they'll go back to flat out lying about injuries.  Right now, they're telling lies that they think are palatable.  So-and-so needs "rest" or whatever.  I want them to have to lie about an actual injury ... then I want the league to go back to the days of the injured list.  When a guy had to sit a minimum number of games when they got put on it.

That's how you fix load management, folx.  'Cause nobody wants to be told the number of games they "have" to be out. 

As a non-star, anybody can miss the game with me.  You three have to live with your restrictions while I am chilling in style.

10lebronWEB1-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality

• Haha 3