• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks New Jersey Patch Partner has been announced.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I still don’t see why we can’t get COKE- @kg01

BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL THATS WHYYYYY????

Oh… you mean Coca Cola on the jersey I thought you meant 🏃‍♀️ 

Thought they said something like 'they are an international brand and don't want to be associated with one city' or something like that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The YMCA of Metro Atlanta is the new uniform patch sponsor of the Hawks. Terms were not disclosed, beyond it being called a multiyear agreement. The familiar “Y” logo will appear on the Hawks jerseys starting with tomorrow’s home game versus the Pacers.

Digital health brand Sharecare was the Hawks' uniform sponsor since the 2017-18 season, but the team began this season as one of five NBA franchises without a jersey patch sponsor. Sharecare remains a Hawks corporate patron, with its logo now on shooting shirts.

Retail availability for the new Hawks jerseys is TBD, as the deal came together in less than two months. Hawks and State Farm Arena EVP/CRO Andrew Saltzman noted the synergies of the deal, starting with the fact that basketball was invented by a Y instructor, James Naismith, and continuing through the many active NBA players who are YMCA “alums.” They include Hawks GM Landry Fields and two roster players: Trae Young and Kobe Bufkin.

“We weren’t chasing the biggest number; we wanted the right brand,’’ insisted Saltzman. “There’s authentic connections to our community and it’s about increasing access to youth sports.”

YMCA of Metro Atlanta President & CEO Lauren Koontz said the deal is intended to build relevance, drive membership, and increase fund raising for her organization. She called the jersey sponsorship “a platform where we can talk about positive youth development, how kids and families can get involved with all of our programs, including basketball, and something to position the Y for the next generation.” There are around 30 YMCA facilities in metro Atlanta.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Articles/2023/11/20/atlanta-hawks-jersey-patch-ymca-of-metro-atlanta.aspx

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed fitting for me, it’s where I kick arse and take name… the Y 😂 🏀 

.. beats the hell out of Sharecare, what the heck is up with Dr. Oz these days? 🤨 

heyyyy... I take offense to that 😐 ( not really I don't work there anymore 😂)  

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I thought it was going to be QuikTrip?  What happened to that?

Separate corporate deal:

2023 Community Court Summer Tour Presented by QuikTrip Begins June 13th and Impacts 1,000+ Metro Atlanta Youth

ATLANTA – The Atlanta Hawks today announced a new multi-year community-focused partnership with QuikTrip (QT), one of the nation’s leading convenience and gasoline retailers. The Hawks are the first team in the NBA to partner with QT. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

As an integral part of this relationship, QT will be the naming rights sponsor of the team’s 2023 Community Court Tour, set to embark on Tuesday, June 13. Throughout the seven-week tour, more than 1,000 metro Atlanta youth will be surprised with pop-up basketball and fitness activities featuring Hawks alumni and players at already-existing day camps throughout Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton and Gwinnett County. 

“Our new partnership with QuikTrip, which focuses on positively impacting youth throughout Atlanta and engaging Hawks fans from tipoff to the final whistle, is a natural fit because QuikTrip does a great job of giving back in every community it serves,” said Hawks’ Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer Andrew Saltzman. “We are thrilled to find a partner who matches our energy and enthusiasm for both community and creating memorable experiences, and we are excited to launch the partnership with next week’s Community Court Summer Tour presented by QuikTrip.”

https://www.nba.com/hawks/news/atlanta-hawks-become-first-nba-team-to-announce-partnership-with-quiktrip

• Like 3