• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarksville STRONG

TheNorthCydeRises

You guys may have heard about the tornadoes that went through a few cities in Tennessee. 

One of them was my city of Clarksville, about 40 minutes NW of Nashville, next to Ft. Campbell, KY.

I'm a weather nerd, so I was following those storms all morning on my phone and on the internet.  Honestly, while some of those storms were rotating, they didn't seem to be very threatening.  The cell that dropped the EF-3 tornado was about 4 miles away from me, but it tore through the upper north side of the city, staying on the ground for about an hour as it went into Kentucky.

I drive on this road just about every day, and was on it about an hour before the storm crossed the highway.  Just a surreal scene thinking about this happening in my city.  The first major tornado since the infamous January 1999 tornado that went right through downtown, and 3 blocks from my house at the time.

The loss of life and property are a tragedy.  A little 10 year old boy died in the storm, along with 2 others in the city.  Had the storm traveled just 1 mile to the south, this could've been even more catastrophic, with all of the businesses and residential neighborhoods in a more southerly path.

People claim that this country is so divided, that we can't get anything done.  But when adversity strikes, people ALWAYS come together.  All of the crap that people argue over online, completely goes away during times like this. 

I'm proud of my city right now.  We're all helping each other, no questions asked. 

I'm also proud of the company I work for, who is paying for hotel rooms for employees made homeless by the storm.

My young cousin was impacted by the storm. She had minor damage, but some of her neighbors were completely devastated, with 2 fatalities on her street.

Just a horrible time for a lot of people in this city, and in other cities in Tennessee. 

Keep all of them in your prayers.  But Clarksville will stay STRONG.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Sad 4