• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does nobody ever mention this double Standard??

Diesel

• Premium Member

Last year, with the going ons with Nate.. Everybody labeled Trae as a Coach Killer.   Probably one of the reasons we cannot get rid of Quin...

However, Giannis has never been called a coach Killer??  Well maybe one guy has.

But look at his track record...

Jason Kidd.  Fired with the Bucks above .500. 

Coach Bud.  Fired.  After a 58 win season.  2 seasons removed from winning a chip. 

Adrian Griffin.  Fired while being 30-11. 

Few people would ever claim that Giannis was a coach killer. 

The interesting thing is that I watched a video explaining the Bucks problems.. especially on defense.   They have 2 problems...

1.  They don't know how to play the PNR.  That drop coverage is their bread and butter and Griffin wanted them to play up more and trap the PNR.  Lopez spent a lot of time drifting back to the drop coverage.  They were getting killed both ways. 

2.   Lillard is not a good defensive player.  He makes Trae look good. 

They will miss Holiday.  They thought getting Dame time was going to make them extra special.   Teams are just waiting to get them into the playoffs and will PNR them to death. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Last year, with the going ons with Nate.. Everybody labeled Trae as a Coach Killer.   Probably one of the reasons we cannot get rid of Quin...

However, Giannis has never been called a coach Killer??  Well maybe one guy has.

But look at his track record...

Jason Kidd.  Fired with the Bucks above .500. 

Coach Bud.  Fired.  After a 58 win season.  2 seasons removed from winning a chip. 

Adrian Griffin.  Fired while being 30-11. 

Few people would ever claim that Giannis was a coach killer. 

The interesting thing is that I watched a video explaining the Bucks problems.. especially on defense.   They have 2 problems...

1.  They don't know how to play the PNR.  That drop coverage is their bread and butter and Griffin wanted them to play up more and trap the PNR.  Lopez spent a lot of time drifting back to the drop coverage.  They were getting killed both ways. 

2.   Lillard is not a good defensive player.  He makes Trae look good. 

They will miss Holiday.  They thought getting Dame time was going to make them extra special.   Teams are just waiting to get them into the playoffs and will PNR them to death. 

#2 is partly accurate. Lillard is a terrible defender but so is Trae. 

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

#2 is partly accurate. Lillard is a terrible defender but so is Trae. 

Oh, it's accurate... that guys makes Trae look good.  I never realized how slight he is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh, it's accurate... that guys makes Trae look good.  I never realized how slight he is.

It's weird how insulated from criticism Lame has been over the course of his career.

I'll say what I've always said.  There's a reason he's always in the position to need all those hail Mary 'Dame time' shots.  It's because for the first 40+ minutes, he wasn't playing any defense. 

• Like 2