• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

Like, let's not compare this to what we've seen from Sarr in games

If his percentages are shit. What value does it have. Cam Reddish by that metrics is superior to JC in college but JC always shot the ball better for the Hawks 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

If his percentages are shit. What value does it have. Cam Reddish by that metrics is superior to JC in college but JC always shot the ball better for the Hawks 

I dont have any interest getting into the most biased discussion on the planet. I was literally only saying that comparing what we've seen from Sarr in games with this "movement" shooting drill from Edey is a bit ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Afro said:

I dont have any interest getting into the most biased discussion on the planet. I was literally only saying that comparing what we've seen from Sarr in games with this "movement" shooting drill from Edey is a bit ridiculous. 

How is it ridiculous,  both players took the same type of shots in the same exact setting?

What's ridiculous is trying to sell someone with shit percentages as superior when he sucked in his volume

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I didn’t realize that 48.3% on pull up jumpers is a crap percentage.  Good to know.  

Most of those are within 21ft which is the same range as Edey deep hooks which is getting a much higher PPP on significantly higher volume.

Edited by NBASupes

Both of you are sold on your man.  Too bad we can't get both of them!  Maybe, if we trade a center or Murray, we can.

Age has not been mentioned.  Quiet a difference between the two players.  Also, one can only play center while the other one can play more than one position.  Hawks could use both!

:bb:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

So essentially every credible talent evaluator is wrong about Edey.  Got it.  

You mean credible talent evaluators that wrote this draft profile on Nikola Jokic that aided in him dropping to a 2nd round pick?

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/nikola-jokic/

"Weaknesses: An average athlete lacking great speed and leaping ability … Foot speed is a big liability. He may struggle to stay in front of NBA athletes at the center position … Needs to improve as a post player, gain strength and develop a repertoire of back to the basket moves … Defense is a real weakness at this point due to lack of lateral speed and lack of strength. His length is a big plus, but he’ll need to continue to work on becoming stronger and learn to anticipate in order to overcome his lack of quickness … Despite being a younger guy, his upside appears limited by his lack of explosiveness and foot speed …"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That would be relevant only if Edey actually had the ability Joker has.  He doesn’t, and he’s a far worse athlete.  

But Edey has a lot of ability as does Joker. Edey is also a better athlete than Joker. 

Even you admitted Edey has high mental acuity on both ends. 

Joker defense is can be done to a degree by Edey in time. Marc Gasol is really Edey defensive upside. 

You keep undervaluing size and that's what Edey and Jokic has.

Edited by NBASupes

Gasol is moving like he's in molasses and dominating because he knows what the offense wants to do like Joker. He uses his length and size exceptionally well. Edey can do that in time with more experience. I don't see why we should pass on the best player in this draft who's the best fit in the draft for a hope that something talented works that has a lot of odds against them. 

As long as Trae is here. Take Edey and that's the best pick on the board. 

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That would be relevant only if Edey actually had the ability Joker has.  He doesn’t, and he’s a far worse athlete.  

Dude...his draft profile (how those evaluators saw him at the time) was worse than Edey's.  You've said repeatedly NBA evaluators but those guys are stupendously wrong and often....see their evaluations on Mo Bamba vs Jokic

image.png.91b82e86c4d2336e6140ab398bfbc6ba.png

image.png.ddf940d3ca762faf0ab91c2fdb0924fd.png

Yes, your highly touted expert evaluators put him that much higher than Jokic.

These jokers (pun intended) are wrong all the time (as are we).  But dude you can't lay your entire case on your highly slanted eye test and random evaluators, just as I can't lay all my cards on stats and size but there comes a point where you have to say.....you know what, he's such a freak, I could be wrong.  There are going to be a number of teams that regret not grabbing him. 10 years ago, he would have been the consensus #1 overall pick without question. The only thing stopping that today is the love affair with the 3 ball.  If Gobert isn't exposed in the playoffs a few years ago guarding the 3 point line a few years ago, I think he'd still be the consensus top pick.

But points per possession has got to account for something and the guy is a near guaranteed bucket and rebound. That still matters, especially in the playoffs where the halfcourt game becomes even more important.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Dude...his draft profile (how those evaluators saw him at the time) was worse than Edey's.  You've said repeatedly NBA evaluators but those guys are stupendously wrong and often....see their evaluations on Mo Bamba vs Jokic

These jokers (pun intended) are wrong all the time (as are we).  But dude you can't lay your entire case on your highly slanted eye test and random evaluators, just as I can't lay all my cards on stats and size but there comes a point where you have to say.....you know what, he's such a freak, I could be wrong.  There are going to be a number of teams that regret not grabbing him. 10 years ago, he would have been the consensus #1 overall pick without question. The only thing stopping that today is the love affair with the 3 ball.  If Gobert isn't exposed in the playoffs a few years ago guarding the 3 point line a few years ago, I think he'd still be the consensus top pick.

But points per possession has got to account for something and the guy is a near guaranteed bucket and rebound. That still matters, especially in the playoffs where the halfcourt game becomes even more important.

Some additional nonsense for you from the eggsperts

image.png.bd738ea906bc542da03cdbf99a22fc6a.png

image.png.c2bf895f342ef6d538806acb7a29397a.png

image.png.07cc107c27c171d05a0f7690826502b0.png

image.png.5fa4d210ca206a7951176d178d93b831.png

Yep, Cole Anthony was supposed to be just as good as Steph Curry. Jarrett Culver should have been better than both and Andrew Wiggins should have been better than all of them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

It's wild how Jokic gets a 7 for size and Bamba gets a 10. In the NBA, Bamba size has no impact because he's weak and soft. 

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gasol is moving like he's in molasses and dominating because he knows what the offense wants to do like Joker. He uses his length and size exceptionally well. Edey can do that in time with more experience. I don't see why we should pass on the best player in this draft who's the best fit in the draft for a hope that something talented works that has a lot of odds against them. 

As long as Trae is here. Take Edey and that's the best pick on the board. 

I hope the hell not at 1. That's...something....

Just now, deester11 said:

I hope the hell not at 1. That's...something....

I don't care if it at 1 or move down, Edey is the best player on the board. 

Gasol couldn’t play in the modern NBA.  He was getting phased out as a 33 year old with the direction the NBA was going.  Once again, this is an archetype that you absolutely do not draft high.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Gasol couldn’t play in the modern NBA.  He was getting phased out as a 33 year old with the direction the NBA was going.  Once again, this is an archetype that you absolutely do not draft high.  

Gasol played in the modern era and won DPOY and a Finals ring. Do better. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Phased out? He was making All Star teams at 35, and was starting games up until his age 37 season lol.