• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not to get in the middle of this Edey pissing contest....but if I'm reading this right, this writer has Edey moving up from where he had him mocked at #25. He doesn't say where he has him mocked now after the combine though.

Screenshot_20240518_102137_Samsung Internet.jpg

....now carry on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is a reason that every legitimate evaluator says he will struggle with the speed of the NBA.  

Watch the film.  He’s slow and lacks explosion.  

I watched the film, he is fast for his size and moves fairly well up and down the court well for a center. 

Your new boys, no Ceilings literally said the same on the Edey podcast multiple times. 

This is your boys. 

At the end of the day, my job isn't make you sensible. It's just to speak facts and stick to the truth. It's just that simple. 

I just want everyone here to stick what they repped. 

If you are for Sarr and he fails in Atlanta. Don't blame the Hawks, blame yourself and apologize to everyone for your actions. 

If Edey is in Atlanta and fails in Atlanta. Same, blame yourself and this one is actually on you. Many of us have failed. 

KB with Zion and Culver

Me with Cam and Bagley

Jay is finally claiming Sarr with her life so this is her first real shot outside of the Murray trade and moves the Hawks should or shouldn't make. 

Camp with Wiseman

Spud with Culver and Cam

We all have made mistakes but this one is massive because we are so one sided. 

KB, if you are right and Sarr, Ware, and Bona are a success and Edey is Boban 2.0. I'll take that as my message to completely go away from scouting basketball players. 

If I am right, Edey is a successful and even possibly a massive success, Sarr busts, Ware and Bona are JAGs. You should take that as a message that you really don't know what you are talking about and you should just stop talking about college hoops. 

At the end of the day, the lines have been drawn. 

I hope the Hawks do the right thing and draft Edey if Trae is sticking. Even if he doesn't, i don't mind moving down and taking Edey. Just as long as you land him is all I care about 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If you are for Sarr and he fails in Atlanta. Don't blame the Hawks, blame yourself and apologize to everyone for your actions. 

If Edey is in Atlanta and fails in Atlanta. Same, blame yourself and this one is actually on you. Many of us have failed. 

This is a really AWFUL take.  If the Hawks are depending on fans and not doing their OWN due deligence...IT'S ON THEM!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

KB with Zion and Culver

Me with Cam and Bagley

Jay is finally claiming Sarr with her life so this is her first real shot outside of the Murray trade and moves the Hawks should or shouldn't make. 

Camp with Wiseman

Spud with Culver and Cam

KB, if you are right and Sarr, Ware, and Bona are a success and Edey is Boban 2.0. I'll take that as my message to completely go away from scouting basketball players. 

If I am right, Edey is a successful and even possibly a massive success, Sarr busts, Ware and Bona are JAGs. You should take that as a message that you really don't know what you are talking about and you should just stop talking about college hoops. 

I hope the Hawks do the right thing and draft Edey if Trae is sticking. Even if he doesn't, i don't mind moving down and taking Edey. Just as long as you land him is all I care about 

So melodramatic. Why would any player failing be any of our faults?

From casuals to GMs, everyone hits and misses all the time. I don’t see what the big deal is. The only issue is when someone speaks with 100% certainty when there can’t be 100% certainty. 

I know I’m right 90% of the time, but I’m willing to admit the other 10% of the time that I erred in my interpretation of the tea leaves. It happens to the best of us. 😘

I love seeing everyone’s hot takes. We should have a 2024 NBA draft Hot Takes thread where everyone lays out their predictions for players in the draft. No discussions, no arguments. Just putting things on the record so we can look it up easily in one, two, or three years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley

I selected Sarr over Clingan at #1 in that thread. I only started looking into Zacc yesterday.

Didn't want Edey at #10, so definitely don't want him at #1. Was always ok taking him if we got the Kings pick.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Camp with Wiseman

Waaaaiiiiiiii waiiiii waiiiiii waiiiittt, camp 🏕️ has Wiseman and he had the gonads to come at me about my Jalen Johnson take.

Wiseman? 😂 yeaaaaaa. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

KB with Zion and Culver

Me with Cam and Bagley

Camp with Wiseman

Spud with Culver and Cam

I hope all you guys arguing about this define what y’all looking for in success and failure cause I already know in 12 months some people on here gonna be taking victory laps for things that shouldn’t be and taking failure laps for things that shouldn’t be 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope all you guys arguing about this define what y’all looking for in success and failure cause I already know in 12 months some people on here gonna be taking victory laps for things that shouldn’t be and taking failure laps for things that shouldn’t be 

If he plays more than 15 MPG by year three, I will shave my ass.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Waaaaiiiiiiii waiiiii waiiiiii waiiiittt, camp 🏕️ has Wiseman and he had the gonads to come at me about my Jalen Johnson take.

Wiseman? 😂 yeaaaaaa. 

I suppose if you want to hate on me for this take you can.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is a really AWFUL take.  If the Hawks are depending on fans and not doing their OWN due deligence...IT'S ON THEM!

I am only talking about people on here. Whatever decision the Hawks make, good or bad, they will be judged by the overall sporting community but I've seen too many people attack me and those who think like me in the Murray trade. I haven't seen one who gave me reps, said sorry Supes for calling you out your name, I haven't seen that yet. But I've seen a lot of attacks on Tony, Nick, the Hawks org in general when I seen a lot of the same fools attacking me for taking the stance that this is highly likely not to work. 

I just want ya'll to stand on this. You guys try to force me to stand on Cam Reddish and I didn't have any internal arguments about him here outside of Campster who was adamant that Cam shot is broke and even then, he was hopeful Cam would get it together as he was a Hawk when I made the Cam thread. 

I take the bullets and that's cool because I am a big man, I can do that but I don't like it when people are attacking me constantly and if I am right, I refuse to let you not acknowledge that mistake. If you want to do the same, I am perfectly fine with it. I can't get mad if I take a hard baseline and lose. As much as KB was dead right about his Bagley beliefs, he too believed Bagley was this Amare like offensive player, it wasn't like he was guaranteeing bust and it wasn't like I was saying JJJ is gonna be ass. I just felt he was another Marvin. I still think he's another Marvin. Unlike Marvin, he went to the ideal situation and look what happen when the situation was no longer ideal, his impact hit the shitter. 

So I was right about JJJ and wrong about Bagley. That said, JJJ is clearly better than Bagley so even I have to give the point to KB but yet he runs from my Zion thread where I directly called him out, he said Zion wouldn't be a lottery pick and was the next Rodney Roger's. I saw him as the obvious 1st overall pick and easily the best prospect in that class ahead of the hyped RJ Barrett. He was sky high on Jarrett Culver. Him and TheStepien saw him as the best player in the draft. I saw him as an obvious bust. @JayBirdHawk, who was right, me or him? 

No one wants to give me my props but ya'll love giving my the hate. 

I've even seen some guy say, based on recent history with Supes, I am taking Sarr in a snarky way. 

@AHF, I get disrespected daily and for someone who at least recently has an excellent scouting report overall. I know some of that guys I went hard for in the past like Bagley, Reddish, and Toppin have flopped based on my expectations, I've nailed on so many players. Of course I had missing like S. Cooper but the thing is, I don't get to directly interview or work these guys out. I don't get that direct contact. My board would be different if I had all of the information and not just all I can gather which is open source data and game film. 

As I've said, I've used the NBA Combine game as recent resource and nailed on Jalen Williams and Podz. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I suppose if you want to hate on me for this take you can.

I’m not clicking you took Wiseman I can never trust anything you say it’s laughable. 😂 Wiiiiiiseeeman? Leads? 

Leadssss? 🤨 

image.gif.4c85826380fe6957f430298f75acaea8.gif

When I say Sarr bust potential is astronomical with the Hawks. It's not because I think Sarr doesn't translate at all to the NBA like Culver, it's because he's extremely raw on offense and using him too soon without development could greatly hinder him because we are trying to win. The way Bilal Coubilay was used is perfect from Washington. He too was way too raw but his defense was legit good even as a rookie but his offense was legit ass even though he flashes a lot of all star quality. 

They would bring him off the bench in situations where there is no expectations that his minutes matter. Sometimes he has great mins, sometimes terrible but it doesn't matter because the Wizards suck and they aren't trying to win games. 

Man in Atlanta, we are trying to win as long as Trae or Murray is here. His mins better be good and that gives him no room for error. He needs a lot of room for error. You can ruin that kid just like Detroit ruined Darko and we seen not ready players like AJ Griffin who have tremendous talent fail under Quin and we selling this shitastic idea. Man, sometimes I think ya'll go into daydream land when you like a guy and when it don't work, you will see 10+ fire Quin threads. I can't even hate, I did the same for Cam but when he was here, I did give the coaches the benefit of doubt because Cam wasn't doing what he needed to do and Cam didn't think he was doing anything wrong. Cam and Trae have the same mindset, it's just that Cam hasn't earned it, Trae has but both think they doing all they can when they clearly have flaws in what they are doing. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I knew Wiseman wouldn’t be good.   He didn’t fit the profile of a modern big.  

You had Jarrett Culver as the #1 overall prospect in the Zion draft with TheStepien riding that same message. Don't go at Camp when add least, he provided good reason for his belief. One I always respected