Bucks got:

Keith Van Horn

Knicks got:

Tim Thomas

Nazr Mohammed

Hawks got:

Joel Pryzbilla

Micheal Doleac

whats this mean for the Hawks? Doleac, Pryzbilla are FA's & what are their contracts??

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (6.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Joel Przybilla (0.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 6.6 minutes)

C Michael Doleac (5.0 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -1.3 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Milwaukee trades: SF Tim Thomas (14.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 31.9 minutes)

C Joel Przybilla (0.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 6.6 minutes)

Milwaukee receives: SF Keith Van Horn (16.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 47 games)

Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

New York trades: C Michael Doleac (5.0 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.9 minutes)

SF Keith Van Horn (16.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.8 apg in 33.5 minutes)

New York receives: C Nazr Mohammed (6.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 53 games)

SF Tim Thomas (14.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 42 games)

Change in team outlook: -0.8 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and 0.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta, Milwaukee, and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta, Milwaukee, and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1507322

• Admin

I don't even recogonize this team anymore.

Well we free ourselves from another bad contract. That is the only good thing about this trade. Are there two worse centers in the league?? Probably not. I wish somehow we got Gadszuric out of it too. He is cheap and a nice energy center to have on your roster.

I wonder if we are trying for the #1 pick to have along with the ton of free agent money we now have. This offseason is going to interesting. This is the first time ever for me as a Hawks fan for almost 17 years to be more looking forward to the offseason then what is actually going on in the current one.

I now have no idea what this team wants or where it's headed this season. Obviously we've thrown in the towel on the season and don't want/expect to win many games. It further trivializes Stotts' future as nothing can really be expected of him, but if they fire him at season's end, it'll simply be "we wanted to go in another direction."

Well, we have healthy bodies now...and a young team, sort of. JT's gotta go, that's for certain. I mean, who's going to run this team? We're going to be playing one one one iso ball with each player trying to get theirs...cause we'll ahve no floor leader.

I really feel bad for Person.

The Hawks will have a lot to attract free agents this offseason. First and foremost, they have money. Money is what talks when it comes to these players. The Hawks are doing the same thing the Denver Nuggets did 2 years ago. They are blowing up a team that can't win, creating cap room in the process while guaranteeing a high draft pick.

Under new ownership, the Hawks will have a different marketing strategy that will make them more appealing to the fans.

The Hawks now have enough money to go into the offseason and make two big free agent signings to go along with what will be a very high lottery pick.

First and foremost, they have money. Money is what talks when it comes to these players."

Chicago had money...Who'd they get? Denver had money...but

they only came away with Andre Miller and some good role

players. Utah had money....Who'd they get?

The lottery is a crapshoot and the prize is some kid that

isn't even a man. In fact, I hardly even hear anybody talk

about this Howard guy.

Hawks or Suns? Not hard to understand which place Kobe

would pick....Suns.

Nazr was owed $10+ million over the next two years, and that's simply too much for a guy who can't play a lick of defense and isn't that good offensively.

The contract Nazr got is another case in the bad personnel moves the Hawks have made during the last 5 years. They overpaid for a back up center.

The Suns can't offer Kobe the "max" available to a player coming from another team with his Bird rights...only Utah, LAC, the Hawks, and perhaps one other team has that sort of cap room coming into this offseason.

As for moving Nazr, I'm guessing that it was more of a chance at "two for one" deal than purely based on skill. Joel P was a highly touted big man coming out that hasn't done much...sorta like Mihm.