• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No trades I like these group of guys!

Blunt91

Let's not jump the gun.

Things don't look too bad for a first time out with two new players in the starting line up. It's quite obvious that Rasheed Wallace fits the style Terry Stotts wants offensively more than Reef.

I do like the fact that this team has turned the ball over 0 times in the second half so far. Of the 12 turnovers, Terry has 4 of them.

IMO, Reef getting the ball out on the perimeter and trying to make a move to the basket was a big source of the Hawks turnover problems. Now, they have a guy in Wallace who is more comfortable with getting the ball out on the perimeter.

The team only had 14 total turnovers despite having two new players in the line up.

Reef's biggest problem is that he is too deliberate. He gets the ball and waits. Waits. Waits. Then he decides if he is going to pull up for a turnaround jumper of if he is going to pass out of the double team that has now come.

Reef is a more efficient scorer than Rasheed. There is no doubt about that. He is a better rebounder as well. What he isn't is a better jump shooter, despite Wallace missing 5 of 6 threes, a better passer, or a better defender. You won't see Reef get 5 blocks like Rasheed got tonight.

• Premium Member

reguardless of how you call it... We won't get Howard.

Washington is in the TANK... I can't see Washington winning another game! Orlando is also in the Tank.. Like you said, this draft is Weak. Moreover, our team is not set up to go after draft picks... We are set up for a run at FAs.

I think that we made a crucial mistake trading Nazr. Had we kept Nazr, we would be going to the playoffs. Still, the Nazr trade freed up more money for us so who can complain.

The deal is that if we did make the playoffs... It's possible that this team can get passed the first round. We played the best team in the east tonight and we looked good. That's with one practice as a team. We would have to build something with Wallace (that he would take our 12 mil dollar offer after we renounce him). We would have to offer something to possible FAs. Mainly saying, we are a playoff team and you will get marketing with us.

I think this draft is weak at the top because of the uncertainty around Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

However, if you pick in the 5-8 range, which is where Atlanta will likely land, I think you will find some very good players in this draft. The two that immediately stand out and are players that fit what Billy Knight wants are Andre Iguodala from Arizona and Jameer Nelson from St. Joseph's.

Iguodala is one triple double from tying Jason Kidd's Pac 10 record. He's a better passing version of Richard Jefferson.

Nelson is a young Tim Hardaway.

Although Reef is a more efficient scorer than Wallace and a better rebounder, Wallace just looks like more comfortable out there, he knows what to do with the ball and he looks like much more less indecisive than Reef. He is a better shooter and definitely a better defender. I like his game and I will love to keep Rasheed and make a move this offseason to sign Kobe of course which I doubt he will sign here, hopefully by Sheed staying here we can sign Quentin and draft Okafor or Podkolzine and that will be a pretty sweet starting five. But I agree please no more trades, I hate this

JT/Quentin/Jax/Sheed/Okafor or Podkolzine

Bench:

Diaw

Dion

Crawford

Hansen

Pryz - although he is horrible, geez

Jacque

Hendu

Person

Ekezie

I like this lineup if we can keep this core as it is now. Will give us great interior shotblocking ability. With Sheed and either Okafor or Podkolzine.

• Premium Member

at 12 Million.

I say we test JT's value. I would love to see if say: JT/Hendu/Our First to Philly can get us AI/Snow on draft day.

Imagine that team:

Snow/AI/Diaw/Sheed/Foyle....

First off, we would be a defensive MONSTER. Secondly, we would be offensive too. Who would be able to stop us??

Why would Philly do it?

OK, Say we get the 2nd pick in the draft.

JT + Okafur to Philly is a good start for a team that needs to start over. Hendu's contract is off the books in 2005.

• Premium Member

Philly would NOT trade Iverson/Snow for JT/Hendu/1st. That is an extremely biased trade for the Hawks. From reading most posts on this site over the last 1 1/2 years, I don't think many fans on this board (or anywhere else) think very highly of JT or Hendu. That being the case, why in the world would ANY team in the NBA take them for anyone decent, much less an All-Star who is the leading scorer in the NBA, a huge fan draw, and a great competitor. Maybe if we were Detroit and gave Philly expiring contracts/Darko/Billups/1st, and I am not sure if that would even get it done.

Just think, if you were in Philly's shoes, what would you tell all of your loyal fans (most of which come to see Iverson) if you took back "scrubs" like JT/Hendu and a 1st(and many here say it is a weak draft) for the face of your franchise? There would be no acceptable explanation in my opinion, and I would have a very hard time seeing you keeping your job for long.

• Premium Member

It might be somewhat Biased... But then again, if it were JT/Lebron James/Hendu for AI/Snow do you think Philly would still not do it?

My point is looking at recent days in Philly... They are going through coaches like toilet paper. No coach can coach Iverson unless they:

1. Put up with his schedule/immaturity.

2. Put together a team that compliments him.

Iverson is the true inverse of a Star. A star makes those around him better. Iverson is made better by those around him.

So you ask: Well why do I want Iverson in Atlanta.

Marketability.

I think he is the biggest draw in the NBA because of his bad boy image.

You add that to Sheed and we have the bad boys.

Also, Iverson is a great defensive player. We get Snow, we already have Sheed and Diaw, we add in Foyle and we recreate the BAD Boys... Only here in Atlanta.

In case you don't remember Lebron James was already being hammered into our brains at this time last year. All scouts had already spotted him as a phenomenom that only happens once in a blue moon. There is no sure shot like that this year. Howard could be nice, or he could be Kwame part II. Same with Okafor

If you substitute Lebron James in for any 1st pick, yes it looks nice.

If you substitute Michael finley for a #21 pick it looks nice too, but teams don't count on it