• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Ridiculousness of Malik Rose's Contract

Who was going to pay top dollar for Malik Rose?

6 years and 42 million? What, in the name of Alan Henderson is going on there?

It is a classic case of overvaluing someone who has played well and overrewarding that player for his efforts.

What Malik Rose gives you is solid effort and some decent size, but there are other players that pop up every year that seem to give the same kind of effort that Rose gives.

Maybe I am missing the boat here, but is he special enough to deserve that kind of jack?

I would have rolled the dice and thanks Malik for his efforts, but he would have had to sign for less to have me bring him back....

Wow is that what he got? That from a guy who was a pretty big disappointment until the playoffs last year, but maybe that was because he had been sitting behind DRob and Duncan? He played absoultely great in the playoffs last year, but it seems to me that he was given far too much jack here.

Not only was he not special enough, but no one else was knocking on his door. Maybe he and Duncan are tight and this was a keep the star happy move, but even still the numbers are insane. With so few teams with caproom, and with so many teams worried about the luxury tax, teams like the Raptors (K. Clark, actually has value and upside, but wont create a bidding war) are low balling their free agents, while the Spurs are doing just the opposite.

Kinda reminds me of the Knicks resigning Houston a couple of years ago. He had very little interest around the league but still managed to break the bank. Whoever these guys have as agents should be praised.

3 years for Bruce Bowen?

2 years for Danny Ferry?

SEVEN years for Rose? What, did they get Jalen?

The Spurs evidently feel they are set and needed to lock everyone down and overpay and overcommit in the process.

What exactly does Bruce Bowen do that every team in the league doesn't have, too?

Ditto Danny Ferry....These guys got more than the minimum, too.

Bowen got 3 years, which is ridiculous in itself, but for ELEVEN million dollars....Who are the Spurs bidding against?

The Spurs aren't going to be a top team much longer.Duncan

needs to seriousally look at what management just done.Why

sign Ferry for two years when he isn't worth a damn to start

with?

Steve Smith might hold off retirement for another big pay day.

way would LA have given him THAT much! I DO think they would have given him close to their full MCE and maybe that's why San Antonio overpaid for him. Maybe they thought he would bolt to LA for 6yrs/30 million or so. I think LA is pretty disappointed in Samaki Walker and they think Rose's toughness would compliment Shaq very well.

If I were the Spurs, I would have let Rose head to LA and then they could have signed Keon Clark for LESS. Clark wants to go south and San Antonio would probably be more than okay with him. He and TD could certainly play together.