• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good night for draft position (why Blunt is wrong)

CBAreject

OK, nobody lay into me about wanting our Hawks to lose. Those who don't want the team to lose just can't think very well. OK, there I asked for it.

Anyhoo, tonight was great for draft position.

1) We lost

2) Washington won

3) Phoenix won

Tonight was ALMOST even better as Chicago nearly stole won from NO, but was beaten in overtime. So, the same day that Blunt says that he can't see anyone except for Washington passing us, Phx and Wash both pass us. How bout it, Blunt?

Actually, what Blunt failed to realize is that Phoenix is better than their record because they have played all year without one of the top players in the league (Stoudamire...oh yes...don't argue) and the best player on the team. Now he's back and logging 33/15 on a good night. Scary for the league is if Phx lands a good pick. Marion, Johnson, Stoudamire, Okafor, maybe? sick.

Furthermore, Blunt failed to notice that Washington is playing its best ball after Kwame Brown called out Gilbert Arenas. Gilbert has risen to the challenge and Washington is hot.

Also, Orlando is playing its best ball of the season.

Chicago? Not great, but Chandler is healthy. They've played OK.

Point is, I think we will finish with the third worst record at least. There's a chance Orlando will pass us, and Chicago may, too. They may, and I hope they do, even though they really suck. We're just a lot worse. I think the Lakers upset sent a message that we play hard, but that will only get us so far.

-I want the Hawks to lose, and that makes me a fan. Otherwise, I would be indifferent.

I had rather see the Hawks play a good game and then lose. I watched all of the Lakers game but last nite pretty much stayed on the Tech game and just kinda popped over occasionally to the Hawks.

Either way, I ever since the Rasheed dump trade I've been pretty sure that we cant win more than 5 total games to close out the year. I thought the Orlando home game that we lost was important. The upcoming Orlando and Chicago games are critical too, but if neither Rebraca or Henderson come back we are just too small to win. I think a top 3 draft pick is practically a lock, now watching our Milwaukee pick placement is interesting too.

I now keep up with seveal teams and root for them to win (Orlando, Chicago, Washington and Pheonix). I even look at Portland to see if we made a bad trade. So Billy Knight has done an excellent job. I think the plan is coming into reality. We will have the No. 1, 2 or No. 3 pick in the draft if the lottery balls coorperate. I really hope we get the No. 1 pick, but I think Orlando is too far behind, but the balls my bounce our way....who knows??

I also root for Atlanta to play well, but lose in the end. It is kind of weird to root for a team and want them to lose at the same time.

We have found several keepers from this team to build with which is good and I just have to give Billy big props. Babcock and Co. would have never done what he is doing.

I posted that message Tuesday night after the Lakers game not on Wednesday. Secondly Can Phoenix and Washignton keep the winning coming? I figured since Phoenix was in the Western conference they wouldn't be able to make much ground and they still were stupid for trading Marbury. I did say Washington would pass us though. Like you said Orlando might be too far behind to do anything although they will beat us in Orlando Friday. I wonder will the hawks come to play moday night against the Cavs? I think they will play harder than they did last night but Illgauskas is too big for any of or guys to stop.

• Premium Member

Yes it was! But the key here is "draft position." Some people argue that it's stupid to want the team to lose so that we can get the #1 or #2 pick in the draft; they're right. With the lottery process, you aren't guaranteed anything and with multiple teams and players having multiple agendas...there's no way that you can predict or even realistically hope for the best draft position.

You just have to position yourself for a good draft position.

In the long run, we may even be thankful to lose out on the top slots in the draft. shocked.gif I don't think Chicago fans are too upset that they picked behind Houston and Portland '84... smirk.gif

However the season plays out, I just hope BK does his homework.

• Moderators

We don't really have to argue over whether we should pull for the team to lose. BK has handled that. He knows you can't ask a pro team or coach to delibrately lose a game. So he's created a team that really has no chance of winning more than a few the rest of the way.

The Lakers egos got in their way and our guards played outstanding. If LA would have been willing to go to Shaq more they probably would have won.

I want the Hawks to win every night but it ain't going to happen. BK knows that. A home win against the Lakers can only help build a little interest in the team. It's not going to push us toward the playoffs.

We have a hardworking group of players with a little talent that when rested can compete with anyone..However, we are so thin(8 players) we will never win back to back games and really can't get on a roll..

So, in essence, we will be fun to watch part of the time and tired as hell the rest the time.