• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Night...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Theo/CC to Charlotte

for

Mash/Magloire.

Why does Charlotte do it?

Mash is unstable with the Ear rocks and has virtually been replaced.

While Elden (who played with Magic) is in his old age... replacing him with Theo might give Charlotte the best Frontline in the league (defensive).

What do we gain?

Very good Sf.

Young C that blocks shots.

Magloire/Nazr

SAR/Haslem/Hendu

Mash/Ira/Toni

DJ/Glover

JT/DD

I like Mash but something is always wrong with him(strain abdomen, unknown virus that causes him to miss playoffs). I thought Magloire was okay,but he couldn't even guard Todd Macculloch in the playoffs.

Actually, I take it that the trade is perfect and you can find no fault in it if all you can comment on is ME and weather or not I am obsessed with trading Theo??

Sorta like the kid that takes his bat and ball and goes home when the call doesn't go his way huh trace?

Bottom line... Aside from your weak personal attack...

Both players being healthy, that trade would make us a better team. Magloire is a young player who is a good defender. Mash is a talented Sf who can score, rebound, and assist.

Put those two with JT, SAR, and Dj and we have a killer squad.

Mash was diagnosed with Vertigo...

Came out that he had what they call Ear rocks.

All that, N.O. would love to trade him because:

1. He has a long term contract.

2. He doesn't want to be in N.O.

3. Lee Nailon contract is up and they would love to resign him for cheaper than they got Mash...

They would happily do the deal because:

1. Elden is in the last contract and I think he only has 1 yr left.

2. Baron Davis needs a reason to stay.

3. Theo/PJ/Nailon would be a formidible Frontcourt for anyone to face.

The same can be said of Theo....

so, both teams go in with a measure of doubt about the principle players...

However, we got Nazr and they got Nailon.

won't do this deal! Diesel is famous for reposting trade proposals that he posted months ago. He posted this one months ago and I said then and I will say again now that CHA won't do this deal. Why would they? Mash is the 2nd most talented player on their team. They are not going to trade Mash to make room for Nailon! That's preposterous! That's like trading Ray Allen to make room for Michael Redd. If anyone goes, it will be Nailon (or maybe Lynch). Magloire is an up and coming YOUNG Center with no injury history who they already like more than Campbell. They would trade Campbell before they would trade Magloire. Why would they give up their 2nd best player and an up and coming young Center for an injury prone guy like Theo who hasn't played due to injuries for almost 2 years?

The reason I posted that Diesel must dream of trading Theo is that he comes up with so many scenarios that invovle trading Theo, that he runs out of ideas and goes back to the old ones. It's beyond ridiculous.

OF COURSE I would do the deal if CHA would but they won't.

If CHA wanted to trade Mash to make room for Nailon, I can think of a LOT of scenarios where they would come out better than this proposal. Mash/Baron Davis/filler might land them VC/Alvin Williams. It would certainly land them a superstar.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Why would they? Mash is the 2nd most talented player on their team. They are not going to trade Mash to make room for Nailon! That's preposterous! That's like trading Ray Allen to make room for Michael Redd.

This is what Trace is infamous for... Putting up a one sided argument that only looks at half of the argument.

He said it's like trading Ray Allen to make room for Micheal Redd... Well, what if the trade was Ray Allen for Paul Pierce.

Again, Trace has looked at the loss without considering the gain. Gaining Theo for Mash is pretty good. Especially seeing that Elden Campbell is in his last days and playing like it. Trace, sees the loss of mash... Well guess what Trace? They played most of last season without him. You talk about Nailon as if he's bad... But the truth is that Nailon has been adequate.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/teams/horn...20011208-p.html

readem and weep.

In reply to:

ailon, a 6-9 forward in his second season, averaged 14.7 points in nine games as a starter since Mashburn went out with a strained abdominal muscle four weeks ago.

He has come through for the Hornets during the current six-game road trip, scoring 20 or more twice in the first four games of the trip. He had a career-high 26 points and 11 rebounds in a win at Portland on Thursday night.

This is the kind of scoring ability Nailon showed in college, when he finished ninth in the nation in scoring as a senior at TCU, scoring 53 in one game. The scoring surge has happened with Nailon playing small forward -- after he played power forward in college and much of his rookie season with the Hornets.

In reply to:

Nailon's performance while Mashburn was out originally has been well documented. He scored in double figures in 34 of 41 games as a starter, with a career-high of 27 points against Philadelphia in December, and hit a shot at the buzzer to beat Houston in February.

Do we believe Trace??

Hmm?

NO already has Magloire. He's an up and coming HEALTHY young Center whom they love and he is signed for 3 years at about $5.5 million. On the other hand, Theo has been hurt for almost two years and he is signed for 3 yrs at about $30 million. Would you rather pay injury prone Theo $30 million or healthy Jamaal $5.5 million? Theo is definitely better now but will he stay healthy and even if he does, will he be better a year from now? Magloire is a lot bigger than Theo (he's 6'11" 260 lbs), he's a good rebounder, a good shotblocker and a good defender. He also has a nice touch around the basket and he shoots a high percentage. Silas already likes him better than Campbell. NO doesn't want nor need Theo, particularly when they have to pay an extra $25 million to get him AND more importantly, lose their 2nd best player (Mashburn, remember him?) in the deal. Get a clue D!

Surely you don't believe Nailon is better than Mash?

• Premium Member

You're trying to convince me that it's better for a team to have a Good SF than a good C? What kind of BS is that.

About Magloire.. Yes he's looked good in some stretches, but N.O. needs to WIn and WIN now. Their Best player contract is up next yr and he's already talking about leaving and going to NY..... He's already tired of not winning.

What do you think would be better for him... A Young C who look good in stretches or an allstar C who plays award winning defense.

As far as Mash... I love mash but N.O. don't. They've grown tired of his injuries. The talent is there... but he has Laphonzo ellisism. Again, they are a win now team. With Nailon being on the market now, they need to do something to keep him... Otherwise, they will have to rely on old man Lynch.

Yes.. We gain.. However, if you give up an allstar C, don't you suppose to gain?

Like I said... You don't understand basketball....

I'm simply stating what should be quite obvious. NO would be better off keeping their 2nd best player AND an up and coming young Center with size than they would be if they traded those to players for an injury prone Center who hasn't played in 2 years. Theo MIGHT regain his ALL Star form this year (God knows I'm praying that he does) but NO is not in a position where they have to gamble on Theo. We are. NO has TWO good Centers and Mash. If they didn't have Magloire or Campbell, the trade would make sense for them. But they have BOTH of them. One who's young and one who's experienced. Next to us, they have the best Center/Backup Center combo in the East and with Theo being so injury prone, some might argue they have the best combo.

How is signing Theo Ratliff and trading Mash/Magloire going to entice Davis to stay? If I were him, it would make me want to leave!