• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ha Seung-Jin with second 1st pick...

MoonKnight

I heard a recent radio interview with Will Perdue about his work with Ha Seung-Jin. He said this guy is now 325 lbs and is in good shape after working out with Perdue and others in California. He said is very coachable and has a game similar to Mings. He also predicted he might make the lottery after individual teams worked him out through the pre-draft process. If any of this is remotely true I would not mind taking him with our 2nd 1st rounder if he is still on the board. His size makes him worth the risk and he could be a solid b/u to a resigned Pryz and be our 5 spot for the future.

bein a korean myself, of course i would want him here. the korean population here is large and he prob fit right in...

however, i do not think he will fit with the team... he'll be as slow as Nazr Mohammed with less rebounding skills...

i wouldnt hesitate to pick him with our 2nd round pick, but first rounder? hmm... i donno

We don't necessarily need our 5 to constantly run the floor if he is a good outlet passer and can bury the 10 to 15 ft jumper. Collier has fit in with the open court offense and he is not exactly quick or fast. Yao actually runs the floor decently and is a good outlet passer (that is if Ha Seung-Jin is remotely close to Yao in skills). Plus, there will be times when we will be forced to play a half court game and there is no substitute for size.

I agree with the idea that we need an athletic 4 who run, rebound and defend. This guy looks like an interesting prospect who also played with Diaw last year on Pau Orthez. Seems to be similar to Nene when he was at this age. Here's an Insider write up on him:

We may need to add another young international stud to the mix. Sources told Insider Thursday that French forward Johan Petro is mulling declaring for the draft. Petro is a 6-11, 245-pound power forward playing for French team Pau Orthez (the same team that gave the NBA Mickael Pietrus and Boris Diaw).

Petro has played limited minutes for Pau this year, but scouts love his athleticism, length, rebounding and aggressive defense. He's a little raw offensively, but he did average 17.8 ppg for the French national team last summer in the 18-and-under category. I don't know where you'd put him, but from the scouts I've talked to, he's got a chance to make the first round...definitely a sleeper pick

• Premium Member

Our game doesn't fit with a player like Seung... We are a running team. I don't know if the big man can really run. It's like when Kasten brought in the big Mexican to play with Nique. Didn't work.

I think between Pryz/Collier we have some 7 footers who can run the floor and rebound.

I also think we'd do better by getting somebody like either:

Marvin Williams, Kris Humphries, or Victor Khryapa with that 2nd pick. All those are Forwards who fit with what we are trying to do.

Diesel your not talking about the Latino player that ended up becoming a professional wrestler because he got injured before the regualar season started? Turner felt bad that this guy(he's actually from Argentina)didn't have a way to support his family back home so he came up with the idewa of training him to become a wretler. Let's say Mr. Gonzales failed miserably at that also.