• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE JT TRADE THREAD. What might we get?

Diesel

• Premium Member

In looking at JT, His value and what we can get... I just thought of several possibilities for trading him.

First off what teams would be interested in a PG:

1. NY

2. LAC

3. GS

4. Orlando (If they use Armstrong in a trade)

5. Miami

6. Minn

7. Indiana (If they use Tinsley in a trade)

That's about the biggest.

We've pondered the NY trade. Unfortunately, JT plus Nazr doesnt get Spree. In fact, it would take JT, Nazr, Hendu to get Spree/Harrington. So we can basically rule that out. (not that we don't want Harrington and Spree... But it just seems unlikely.

So here are some realistic numbers.

1. JT + Nazr = about 7 million

2. JT + Hendu = about 9+ million

3. JT + Toni = About 11 million

4. JT alone = about 2+ million.

I will start at the bottom

JT alone Trades

1. JT for Odom.

Do you think LAC is this desperate? Well, in JT they replace the scoring that Odom gave... Plus they open up a position for Miles to play full time. They also add a Shooter to this band of layup artist. In JT, they get a Cheaper PG than Odom was a SF. I think LAC does this in a major way. Mainly because Odom has worn out his welcome and is replaceable.

In Odom, we get a player that can do it all. Lot's have not been said about his passing ability. He's a 3 in the mold of Pippen... I don't think his defense is as good. He would step in as our second option. We'd be young and running.

My guess is that we would follow up with a pickup of McInnis or Best.

2. JT to Orlando for Miller.

Very possible if Armstrong is traded. The way it would work is that Gabe would trade Armstrong for Fortson. He would then trade Miller for JT. This summer, Miller has to go. Not because he has offended anybody... But Hill is back and if they ever want to get Duncan, they have to save the money. Losing Armstong and gaining JT is a net gain of about 3 million dollars.

In Miller we get a Shooter. That's about all.

3. JT to GS for Troy Murphy and Gilbert Arenas.

I think that GS is very desperate for a PG but trading Murphy will not be their answer. Don't sleep on Murphy... He has game. So much so, that I think it's likely that they would keep him and swap out Jamison for a better PG.

4. JT to Minn for Wally world.

Possible. Minn needs a PG, but I think they have bigger fish in mind. I think that they will go after our old friend Marbury. Right now, they are counting up their money to make a three way with NY and Phoenix. Anyway, Wally world is on the blocks. It's hard playing with 20/10/5.

JT + NAZR TRADES

These are very hard trades to come up with. Almost certainly another player or two have to be involved. However, I have few thoughts.

1. Nazr + JT to PTL for Rueben Patterson + Zach Randolph.

Portland and Trader Bob will do it. They need a C this badly. They give us young talent in Randolph for a real C. The problem is that value wise, we get screwed. This might be funny since PTL will clean house of all their 2 gaurds.

2. Nazr + JT to Seattle for Desmond Mason/Brent Barry.

I didn't mention Seattle because they have Shammond Williams... But how much would it mean to them to have a Backcourt of JT/GP... With a front court of Lewis/Baker/Nazr. It would be a fan favorite...

For Atlanta to get Mason and Barry,we would get two players that can help but I don't see that 20 ppg player? Mason and Glover are the same. Barry would be a consistent player.

3. Nazr + JT to Seattle for Lewis/Williams.

This is the other side of the story. Lewis didn't really find a home in Seattle last yr. IN fact, Payton told him... We don't need you by taking that team to the playoffs. What would Lewis do for us? I still believe we are taking a loss talent wise.

JT + Hendu Trades

These 9+ Million dollar deals are the most fun of all.

1. JT/Hendu/Email to Maimi for Eddie Jones?

Would Riley go for this. Damn Luke Recker! Jones is important but Miami needs to do something. Either Win or release some of these big money players. Namely Jones, Grant, or Zo. I have a feeling that 2 of the three must leave. Jones and Grant have been a disappointment... I would happily take Jones. He's defensive! He's offensive!

DD/Jones/DJ/SAR/Theo. Our Defensive would be very good. Our offense wouldn't suffer. You have to remember the Charlotte Eddie Jones. Being placed in Pat RIley's system can stiffle a 2/3.

2. Three way from part 1. Eddie Jones on to Memphis for Lo/Battier

I'd do it. Imagine.

Theo/SAR/Battier/DJ/DD. I'd do it. With Glover/IRA/ LO off the bench! They'd need a C, so they'd have to talk to us about Nazr... Maybe Nazr for Swift/Massenberg.

What's that leave them with:

Williams/Jones/Persons/Gasol/Nazr?

Maybe Nazr/CC for Person/1st.

3. JT/Hendu/Email to Portland for Bonzi/Anderson.

Anderson wants out. That would leave them with the minime backcourt... Stoudamire/JT. Wow the speed. But I doubt they do that...

4. JT/Hendu to Minn for Jackson/Peeler/Wally?

What do you do? Is Wally worhty??

JT + Toni trades

JT/Toni to Miami for Eddie Jones.

JT/Toni to Portland for Ruben/Anderson.

I can see this being done. Reason being is because Portland would be in the money when Toni/Pippen/and Kemps contracts run out at th same time. But again, the minime backcourt. Maybe JT/DS share the PG duty and let Bonzi play 2.

JT/Toni to Utah for Russell (SNT) and Marshall (SNT).

Same incentive as before. Toni's contract.

JT/Toni to GS for Jamison.

What!!

Well, I think it's possible. GS has it's future in it's hand right now:

Richardson/Dunleavy/Murphy.... That's the 2,3, and 4 of the future. They need a PG. Jamison is making money but he's overpaid. GS adds on a player to makeup the difference and this deal gets done.

DD/DJ/AJ/SAR/Theo... Not bad.

Just playing around with one trade.....

JT/Hendu/Toni/Nazr to PTL for Stoudamire/Davis/Wells.

would this work...

YES.

HOW would we play it:

DS/DD/Email

Wells/Glover

DJ/Ira/CC

SAR/Haslem(?)

Theo/DD

Could this team make the playoffs? Hell yeah. I think that Stoudamire, Dickau would be a really good one combo being that they are both fast. Wells Glover would be a good combo at 2 because they are both Strong inside players. DJ/Ira would be a good combo at 3 because they are both defensive. DD would be great to have...(although he probably wouldn't like sharing time) because he's a great rebounder and defender.

This is my trade of the day.

• Admin

The thing about trading JT, I am not comfortable turing the reigns of the team over to DD. He is a rookie and a decent summer league session does not mean he is ready to take over the PG duties of Atlanta. If we are trading JT, why did we let JV go.

If we do trade JT, I think a PG better be part of the package that returns to us.

• Premium Member

I think if we trade JT... We will use our MCE to get a PG..

Weather it be BEST or Childs.

Then again, we might sign Vaughn/Mookie/ or McInnis to a Vet Max.

So let's think about the NY trade with Childs as our pickup.

Dickau/Childs

Spreewell/Glover

DJ/Toni/Ira/ CC(IR)

SAR/Haslem

Theo/Harrington/Christofferson(?)

Could this be our future? Would this get us to the playoffs?

The bottomline is that Spree has fell off. He had a game this season where he scored 0 pts in about 35 min. For us to be effective... we'd probably pick up Van Gundy as our coach??

First of all, D....Great job on the breakdowns....That's not easy, make no mistake.

Secondly, you may have missed it, but Jacque signed with ORL for the minimum.

Third, I think that we have to get another young player at a different position with JT's potential.

Lamar Odom is an obvious target, as he has All-Star caliber talent.

Wally Sczcerbiak, to me, has already reached his limits, and they aren't that gripping...

Fourth, Latrell has always been one of my favs since his ALA days, but those days are dimming. Why trade a long term asset for a guy whose value will have dissipated in a couple of years?

Trading JT now will haunt this franchise unless they bring in a similarly talented player who can be an asset today and tomorrow.

Remember, GS was going to give us Larry Hughes for him? Now all of a sudden, you say we can get him for the veteran's minimum (less than $700,000). Uh oh, wait another minute, the Magic already beat us to it and signed JV to the veteran's minimum! Guess old JV wasn't worth that big 4 yr/$12 million deal after all! HA HA!

• Premium Member

I looked nobody gave terms of the deal because the MAGIC didn't disclose. There were several sources before the fact that were Guessing... BUT like I said, YOU KEEP Guessing.... The truth is that the terms have not been released by the team.

• Premium Member

Actually,

That's still a guess as the article stated.

Instead of offering the same contract that they offered Hudson, Maybe they uped the ante a little bit and gave him a 2 million dollar deal.

My whole point is that we don't know for sure because the team has not said. So all we have...EVEN YOU JAY is the guesses of people.

obviously a hell of a lot closer to the minimum than he was to $3 million. Hudson would have resigned for $3 million a season and I'm sure the Magic would have loved to have him back for whatever contract they gave JV. JV went ahead and took what he could get because he knew that they would rather have Hudson. What he could get was probably a minimum contract for 1 year at the minimum!

It didn't sound like a guess in the article, unless you base it completely on the fact that it is Magic policy that terms are never released.

If that's the case, and you are not willing to admit to anybody contract status unless the team releases it, then you will NEVER know anybody's contract, because no NBA team's policy is to disclose contract info.

Teams never officially release the info, but they will do so through other avenues, such as the beat writer, who "guesses" the contract.

Jeff Denberg does this, such as the Dickau contract, the Vaughn contract last year, etc.

The Hawks did not release the terms of Emanual Davis's contract last year, but somehow Denberg knew the exact terms of it, including the player option for this year.

If you want to believe that Vaughn got a lot more, fine, man...I am not hear to beat you down, but I believe all the records will show the our man Jacque got 700K, not due to his skill, but because of the glut of PG's on his level, and the market that determined his pay.