• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

These are the guys the Hawks should take in draft

Blunt91

If the Hawks don't land in the top 2 and have to trade up then their draft should look like this

the 2ndpick Dwight Howard

19th pick Hakim Warrick

36th pick Romain Sato or Chris Duhon

I know some people state that Warrick can't shoot and is a poor freethrow shooter but all those things can be taught. If Chris Crawford is taken in the expansion draft we need a backup SF to play behind a Resigned Jax. In this scenario Diaw would have been packaged in a trade for Howard.

If the Bulls don't get the 2ndpick and if Diaw 5th or 6thpick plus 2second rounders isn't enough to get Howard then we trade up and get Josh Smith. Either way we need to trade up in this draft to get Howard or Josh Smith. We might not Have to give up as much to get Smith. The 5thpick plus 2secoundroundrs might be enough to land Smith. In this scenario the Hawks draft would look like this.

#3rdpickvia trade Josh Smith

19thpick Kris Humphries

36thpick Romain Sato or Chris Duhon

Since we weren't able to get Howard in this scenario we still nab a good Powerforward in Humphries to fill the void at the 4spot.

Second round picks are almost worthless so I can't imagine that two 2nd rounders is enough to move up from 5/6 to 3.

I also have my reservations about Humphries. Great college player sure, but he is undersized to play the 4 in the NBA and is not a great athlete. I would rather sign Swift as a free agent.

• Premium Member

1. Josh Smith

2. Marvin Williams

3. Romain Sato

Smith is a guy who can come in and be a real star right away. I think he will eclipse Anthony.

Williams is a project with great athleticism. If he comes out, we should take him here.

Sato - This guy would be better than Hansen is my guess. He fits our bill... Athletic, good defender. With him and Diaw coming off the bench, we go from all offensive to all defensive... Still having the intent to run.

Diesel... What about PF.

I say we get a PF from FAcy or trade.

I would trade for Kwame, Swift, or even Lo. I would go after Fizer if I couldn't get one of them..

Bottoms on my list is Laettner, Cato, and Thomas.

All of them fit our plans.

Perfect would be:

JT/Defensive PG

Jax/Sura/Sato

Smith/Williams

Swift/CC/Hendu

Pryz/Collier.

lottery pick, (well depending on where of course,)

Dwight Howard, Joshua Smith, Luol Deng or Devin Harris.

milwaukee pick

Trevor Ariza, J.R. Smith, Hakim Warrick or Al Jefferson

2nd round picks

Tony Allen, Anderson Varejao, Kevin Martin, Viktor Khryapa, Romain Sato, Rickey Paulding and/or Chris Duhon.