• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks fan from RealGM analyzes our players.......

Admin

• Admin

The games didn't flow as well with JT as the PG. He did a good job of collecting simple assists....

-----------

that's nothing but personal opinion. Many many times I saw JT make great timely passes in the flow of the offense only to have Nazr/DJ/Hanno/Reef drop the pass or hesitate and get nothing. You surround him with better players and he'll be a top 5 point guard. As usual you spin things teh way you want to spin them so that you can seem right.

There are lots of other pg's out there that have a LOT more to pass to than JT did and they aren't getting 6 assists. Kenny anderson? Hell, if I had those two guys to pass to I could average 10 assists myself. JT was pulling near 8 assists per game in the last month of the season. I guess 8 simple assists are easy too right? laugh.

Seems subjective to me.

If you don't think that JT was doing the right things as a PG, then you had already closed the book on seeing it, IMO.

That's your opinion, but I saw a PG that was trying to get others going offensively and at times hadn't scored a whole heck of a lot for the majority of the first quarter.

Case in point, the Milwaukee game last year in Philips Arena.

JT hadn't even scored a single point midway through the second quarter, but he had already racked up 6 assists and the Hawks had a great lead.

He did this often in the second half of the season, to the point where Jacque Vaughn played less minutes as the months wore on.

Maybe its just that you compare JT's position to that of Andre Miller, who really had only Lamond Murray as a solid scorer with him.

It seems like you can't judge JT against Andre and say that JT can't play the point because Andre plays it better.

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of simple assists....How do are they supposed to get assists?

The guy who wrote this article is dead on the money. Personally I think JT is a max player. SAR and JT should get locked up period. I only wish someone had an interest in Kukoc/CC/Hendu. If we could move them and their salaries and get some young player maybe even a project or two I would be happy.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

ut down the bong and realize that for most of his career, he's been feeding has beens like Deek, never could have beens like Jim Jackson, CBA 10 day contracts, rookies.......and Reef. Naz can't catch a cold in the post. DerMarr has'nt been (and still might not be) ready. Toni and Dion can't stay off the damned IL to save their lives. So WHO is JT gonna feed?

Suppose any of this was true and not hyperboyle....

Why is it that has beens like Knight, Maloney, Coles, and Vaughn can come into the same offense with the same HAS BEENS and make them AND JT (at SG) look a whole lot better???

You're right... It's pointless to argue until you can answer that...

We're talking about JT... The guy who could BARELY bring the ball up the court without getting trapped in the backcourt. PG Instincts = 0. He's been learning on the JOB... But ask Lute why he played Bibby (A Rookie) over JT (A Rising JR) at PG? JT needs to send half of his check to Bibby because Bibby decided to go pro early.

Why is it that has beens like Knight, Maloney, Coles, and

Vaughn can come into the same offense with the same

HAS BEENS and make them AND JT (at SG) look a whole

lot better??? "

Answer me this question....Did any of those guys have the

Hawks at a winning record for half as seasons as PG?No

they started when we were as bad as we played the start

of the season...blowout losses.

For those guys to run the offense so well we sre did get

blown out enough times with them at PG.

Your right on here traceman. Reef was really his only consistent option, and he is a PF. I mention his position because most of the time you feed him in the post and you don't get an assist for that. The better perimeter shooting we have the more assist JT will have.

If DJ/Ira/DD/Dion can knock down the open shots this year JT will have plenty assist. Also if our players would finish when JT makes a good pass that would help also.

There's no hyperbole to it. The fact is that if those guys (Maloney, Coles et al) had done such a magnificent job, they would be starting now, if not for the Hawks at least for another team. Only Vaughn of the players you mentioned even has a chance of starting next year. So in short, the answer to 'Why is it that has beens....come into the same offense and make them look a whole lot better???" is that they don't. Nazr is still fumblin bubmlin stumblin no matter whos at point, Reef is still triple teamed, no matter whos at point, Dion still can't shoot the 3 no matter whos at point. The real hyperbole here Diesel,is that you keep reaching further and further back digging up things that JT has overcome long ago. When is the last time JT even got caught in the back and drew a 10 sec violation? Come on D, you're smarter than that.

That's what JT has that makes him almost irreplaceable.

When it is crunch time, this guy is an assasin on the court. Over the second half of the season, the Hawks won a lot of games because of JT's ability to take over the game in the 4th period.

It is this killer instinct that makes me shake my head at some of the trade ideas that have been bandied about by some of the posters here.

Shane Battier? Solid complimentary player, but he's not at JT's level.

Lamar Odom? Even if you can get him to play, he isn't a player that can take over a game. He'd rather stand around on the perimeter and make pretty passes than take over the game. Besides, he is a character risk that the Hawks don't need.

Jason Terry is the heart of the Atlanta Hawks. He is this team's best player, with all due respect to Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Without Jason Terry, this team would fall apart. That's why the Hawks should be looking at other legitimate young stars if they are even considering moving Jason Terry.