• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tim Duncan

cold man. didn't hear you in the first two when the Spurs won and (man, I forget barkely's nickname for TD) were rollin.

I'm not sure any team could have gone in there and won these two games, but to put it all on Duncan...mistake. It's the same as when you knock Shaq for having a bad game but then look at the stats and realize he didn't get the ball much...or watch the game.

Unfortunately, despite what everyone wants to believe, the first two wins for the Spurs, and how they won, were probably the wrost thing for them ~ cause they did it without TD. Now, they're not getting him the ball, not running the offense through him, but through PArker....who as I've said before is much like JT (but with now developed pg skills).

full credit to the Lakers. Kobes and Shaq.

Well the Spurs have one of the softest centers in the league in Nesterovic. I mean why did they even sign him in the first place? You all poke fun at Pryzbilla, but Pryz is 10times tougher than Nesterovic. I'll take Joel anyday of Sasha.

Man Hotlanta you've lost it. Duncan is the sure thing and he is real steady. In his press conference last night he basically said the Lakers focused on stopping him and instead of forcing the action he passed the ball out. He basically felt that his guys needed to knock down more jumpers. The way I see it is Duncan is playing against two strong hall of famers, Shaq and Malone, and his team only lost by 8 on the road to a hot lakers team.

I just don't think your statement has any merrit considering how superb and consistent Duncan is and has been.

Yeah he was real "superb" the last two games. The Spurs

have CLEARLY needed Duncan on several times and he hasn't

steped up. Last night he was needed in the 4th and he was

nowhere to be found until it was too late.

"In his press conference last night he basically said the Lakers focused on stopping him and instead of forcing the action he passed the ball out."

I'd rather have two guys that will force it and win the

game as Kobe and Shaq did the other night. The he!l with

laying back. This isn't a regular season game...This is

probably FOR the championship. You are supposed to lay it

all out on the line. That's were you see the difference

between Shaq/Kobe and Duncan. If Duncan "Lays back and

waits for the team to carry the load the Lakers will whip

they're @ss again.

Are you on crack?

This is Tim Duncan's league. The rest of the guys just play in it."

Oh, is that why the league has sunk so much that it shouldn't

be on TV? Check out the tv ratings of the finals last year.

Shaq has lost some....but it's clear that he is better than

Duncan when he wants to be. This is Shaq and Kobe's league.

• Admin

bother replying to posts like this? I mean this is a TROLL POST. He's posting this just so people will reply, tell him what an idiot he is and give him an excuse to drone on and on about how Duncan, the two time reigning MVP, isn't really all that good....

Lesson of the Day: Ignore the Trolls.

Oh course I was just teasing abit, but it's also been

sad how he has brought nothing to the plate the last

two games. He was really needed last night and done

nothing til the game was decided. Duncan doesn't seem

to be taking his game to another level so far in this

series. The Spurs don't have the talent for him to sit

back in wait.

Ratings ~ are really the League's fault. They created this beast. By making the west playoff games so late that almost every east coast person can't watch them, or only the occassional one...they've hurt their own product tremendously. Obviously I don't know the financial statistics, but I'm sure that the L is actually making more money through advertising and tv dollars by never overlapping playoff games and things of that nature...but fact of the matter is, like it or not, you also alienate a lot of east coast fans and even media who won't watch west coast products, which is the L's best product by far right now, till two in the morning. I used to hate the central time zone ~ now I'm sorta glad I have it.

The ratings are down, not only because of the dearth of viewing options, but because the teams aren't known by the coasts...and therefore, esp. when a team like NJ that has no fan base, represents the East....you get crap. Long term effects are uncertain, but short term, it makes people care a lot less...cause I'm sure many of you missed the Kings'Wolves game two nights agao and it's a damn shame...but it's not your fault for having to go to work four hours after that game ended.

The Spurs bore people to death is one reason the finals

ratings were so bad a year ago. They just aren't entertaining

to most people. I'm sure they wouldn't be extremely high

with anyone considering nobody gives the east creditability.

But the Spurs only increase the problem.

agreed. but they do win. and players all respect TD, boring as he might be. JO's flashier, a lot of guys are, but he wins. and that's worth at least something don't you think.

flip it around. Would you be pissed/ only moderately satisfied if Duncan were on the Hawks and we won championships, despite being a somewhat boring team?

TMac's entertaining...in last place. They'll also turn off games that aren't close, regardless of who's playing.

and you took the words outta my mouth ~ Manu is exciting most of the time, Parker has his moments as well...but they win.

why? because the Hawks suck and aren't winning anymore, esp. like they used to with a relatively unexciting team? or because the media has influenced you, and everyone (myself included) into wanting to see highlight reels and [censored] we can't do?

you know what, Alcindor/Kareem's sky hook was pretty boring if you look back at it now. there's no flash, minimal contact, but it remains an unstoppable move that people, for whatever reason, respect but yet fail to even attempt to emulate, esp. those at high levels. I don't remember seeing Wilt slam [censored] down with authority, but yet he's considered by everyone as an all-time great. Russell...man, dude didn't even block shots more than three, four feet...but he blocked them, in general, to himself or players on his own team, thus not "monstrous," but without just "making a statement," whatever that is, and sending the ball back to the other team (ala NBA2K4).

but you're right, no one respect's their games today, what they accomplished, or how dominate they were....