• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When Stern gives us the #1 pick tonight....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I say Knight gets on the phone with Phoenix and talks him into this deal...

JT/2 2nds to Phoenix for White/#6.

We come out of the first round with Howard/Harris/Jackson...

We resign Jax/Sura. and sign Foyle/Hudson.... There's your squad....

Harris/Hudson

Sura/Jackson/Hansen

Jax/Diaw/CC

Howard/Hendu

Foyle/White.

I would. It'll never happen.

We have no need for Terry with Vujanic coming over. We also need to find minutes for Barbosa.

We'd actually be taking on salary with that trade because Terry makes more than White and his contract runs longer. On top of it all, we'd have to give up our pick? No thanks. JT is stuck with you guys. You should have just let Utah have him.

Anyways, I am rooting for you guys to get the #1 pick. If any team is due for some good luck it's the Hawks. Here's to the Hawks getting Howard at #1 and the Suns getting Okafor at #2. Good luck tonight.

Thank you for the good luck.

I also see the Suns getting more of there young players involved in the future. and Jason Terry would hurt that process.

Any other way we would be able to aquire your first round lottery pick Sunsfan?

Quote:

I would. It'll never happen.

We have no need for Terry with Vujanic coming over. We also need to find minutes for Barbosa.

We'd actually be taking on salary with that trade because Terry makes more than White and his contract runs longer. On top of it all, we'd have to give up our pick? No thanks. JT is stuck with you guys. You should have just let Utah have him.

Anyways, I am rooting for you guys to get the #1 pick. If any team is due for some good luck it's the Hawks. Here's to the Hawks getting Howard at #1 and the Suns getting Okafor at #2. Good luck tonight.

• Premium Member

ioned...

Ha. Anyway... If I read right, the Suns are looking at Harris and Gordon... Why mess with those amatuers when you can get the Hometown U of A PG Jason Terry. Also.... You take on Salary with JT... Yes more than White but is it really. In losing that lottery pick, those salaries sort of equal out...

I do agree, you need more time for Barbosa... However, in your heart, you know that JT is a perfect match for Johnson...

JT/Johnson/Matrix/Stoudamire/Okur...

With Barbosa/Voskuhl/Lampje/and Zarko off the bench...

Could you ask for more?

Any coach worth his salt should be able to get that team into contention.

Quote:

Any other way we would be able to aquire your first round lottery pick Sunsfan?

The only way I see the Suns trading this pick is if it allows them to unload Eisley's contract and they feel Kobe Bryant is seriously considering signing with them.

It also could be packaged with Marion for McGrady. If we end up with a top 2 pick, I think that's a distinct possibilty. The rumored Marion + JJ + Lotto pick deal has been outright denied by Suns brass. Too much to give up.

Quote:

If I read right, the Suns are looking at Harris and Gordon... Why mess with those amatuers when you can get the Hometown U of A PG Jason Terry

1. The Suns won't draft a PG with the pick because Vujanic is coming. Any report otherwise is not true. Suns management is notorious for throwing out intentionaly false information to throw other teams off track.

2. Those options are more attractive than Terry because they aren't making $7.5 million per year. Terry isn't even a true PG and his stats don't blow anyone over.

3. You overestimate the whole UofA hometown factor. UofA is really huge in Tucson. Fans over there are more fanatic about their college hoops and could care less about the Suns. Fans in Phx don't really feel any connection to UofA players, we're much more ASU oriented and there is a bitter rivalry between the two.

• Premium Member

I listen to the rumors of Kobegate... But then I look at the team...

JJohnson just had an awesome year. I know what kind of Star Kobe is, but when you consider Johnson and how much money they are saving and that Phoenix has always been a "Family" type atmosphere... I don't think that they are in the running for Kobe. In fact, I believe the previous rumors more.. That Phoenix wanted Okur and Nash out of this draft..

Well... Nash is a possibility but I don't know if Cuban will let that happen. Plus Nash is talking about staying these days. I know Phoenix wants to be competitive now... however, I don't see them selling the farm for Tmac... Plus Tmac is talking about Staying these days... Plus the talk of Harris or Gordon made me think... Why go after those young JT wannabe's when you can have JT. You can't tell me that he won't make an instant connection with Fans. Plus you have the money to get Okur...

I see it.

Maybe they might want to swap Eisley for JT to get rid of Eisley contract instead of Whites... and I would do that too. At the end of the day though, I think taking on a lesser, fresher, JT would be a good thing if Hudson is in our crosshairs.

Quote:

The only way I see the Suns trading this pick is if it allows them to unload Eisley's contract

I knew you would bring Eisley into the picture, but I hoped you had another idea. If the Suns are able to get rid of Eisley they will be able to do alot more things, even if Kobe doesn't become a Sun.

Do you see the Suns keeping the lottery pick, or trading it away?

given the opportunity, I simply don't see how they could afford/wouldnt' get into the Kobe-ring. You cite family reasons, but prior to the trial, Kobe was untouchable...and will gain some back (not nearly all, not nearly) if/when found innocent. That ownership group you cite...it's on it's way out. They're selling the team. Attitudes could change some (not sure when the deal goes down though).

• Premium Member

This was a team who got rid of Kidd because he hit his wife and then went into counselling.

This is a team that got rid of Marbury for the same reason.

This is a team who has had the most character of all the teams in the NBA because of it's owner Colangelo...

I guess seeing that he sold shares of his team to Barkley and Sarver that maybe he doesn't dictate all of the moves anymore.... But being that he's still majority owner, CEO, and Chairman I think he'd still have his God and Family influence over the team and I think Adultery is about as bad as it gets...