• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Complete Box Score from todays game

Admin

The positive thing about Dion is not only that he is averaging

21 points a game in the summer league but its the way he is doing it. I believe in all 4 of the games Dion has scored between 20 and 22 points. Even though its only 4 games, he has been reall consistent. Dion has been the Hawks leading scorer in every summer league game so he has to be the focus of the opponets D out there.

I know he is playing vs a bunch of rookies but: Last year Dion's good summerleague built up his confidence. If my memory is correct Dion averaged 14 ppg for the first 20 games last year before an injury slowed him down. He never really got the consistent minutes again for the remainder of the season. This caused his average to go down to 9ppg. With consistent min off the bench Dion could be a 6th man of the year candidate with his knack for scoring and getting to the line.

I like DJ and Newbel starting b/c of their D and DJ's ability to block shots. DJ has the potential too block over 2 shots a game.

Then when the first team is winded we got Glover, Toni, Dickua, and Naz to come in. The Hawks are truely one of the deepest teams in the league.

I really like the fact that most people aren't taking notice of the rising Hawks nor their yong players {Glover, DJ}. It makes it a lot easier for us to suprise some teams early in the year and put together a good first half of the season. We are going to make some noise in 2002-2003.

but i have to agree. what dion has shown so far is impressive summer league or not. and we are one of the deepest teams in the league. i believe the hawks have the potential to suprise ALOT of people this year. i know it's only one game but im very excited at the fact that we have theo running around on the court again.

• Premium Member

Dion showed out in last yrs summer league. Raja Bell too. However, like I stated then... Summer League means nothing. Just pick up games.

However, if you want to believe that...

then you must also accept that Theo is no better than Cal Bowdler and Loren Woods!

• Admin

No longer will he be considered a throw in. We can use DG as leverage to get the player we want. Instead of say Nazr and filler (which was considered Dion or Email) it could be Nazr and Dion( a player with big scoring potential and small contract). He could become an intriging pickup to a lot of teams.