If we do make a trade for Spree.......

jezmund

......here's one that works.

Atlanta trades:

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.0 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed(9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)

PF Alan Henderson(5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)

Atlanta receives:

SF Clarence Weatherspoon(8.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.8 minutes)

SF Latrell Sprewell(19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, -6.4 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

New York trades:

SF Clarence Weatherspoon (8.8 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30.8 minutes)

SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)

New York receives:

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 55 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This trade would probably only work if Glover has actually boosted his value this summer. I like this trade because we would be trading 3 long term contracts and another possible future long term contract in DG for 2 long contracts and probably another roster I believe. If NY wants to get rid of Spree as bad as it sounds they do then why not. The only problem is that it leaves us with no backup Center. The difference is Harrington and Spoon makes up a lot too I think. Although I think Spoon has a bigger deal, he's a true banger which is what we need. He could probably hold his own at Center against some of the smaller East Centers.

JT/DD

Spree/Ira

DJ/Kukoc

SAR/Spoon/Haslem

Ratliff/???

That starting lineup has just about everything in it: Athleticisim, Experience, Leadership, youth, defense, post-up game, some outside shooting, speed, etc...... One thing it does lack though is rebounding and that is about it.

.....like one of you were talking about.

Atlanta trades:

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed(9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.0 minutes)

Atlanta receives:

SF Tim Thomas (11.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)

C Ervin Johnson (2.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 20.5 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -9.8 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Milwaukee trades:

SF Tim Thomas (11.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)

C Ervin Johnson (2.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.3 apg in 20.5 minutes)

Milwaukee receives:

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 55 games)

Change in team outlook: +9.8 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Milwaukee being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Milwaukee had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JT/DD/Email

DJ/Ira

TT/Kukoc/CC

SAR/Haslem

Ratliff/Johnson

I like that actually......

I like both of your deals. With Spree's value dropping by the day I think he is attainable w/o giving up JT. I think we would need to offer Toni rather than Hendu b/c the Knicks need a pure sf and Toni is better than Hendu. With Nazr gone, we need Hendu's post play.

Now that Robinson has been arrested he will be hard to trade to NY but its not like Spree is a good role model either.

Knicks get a big sf in Toni to split time with Shannon Anderson at sf and they get a center in Nazr who is better then any of the remaining free agent centers left. They also get Dion, who's summer league proves he still has upside. He has probably the 2nd best performance in Boston to Jefferson.

We could even toss in a pick to sweeten the pot.

The Knicks will need to add a filler for salary cap reasons but I don't think it would be Spoon. I think they would ant to toss in Harrington rather than Spoon.

Hawks get : Sprewell, Harrington

Knicks get : Toni, Nazr, Glover, pick?

Knicks have:

Williams / Ward / Eislly

Houston / Glover

Kucock/Anderson

McDeysse/Weatherspoon

Nazr / Thomas

That is a more balanced team than with Spree.

Hawks have:

Terry / Dickua / Davis

Sprewell / Newbel

D.J. / Crawford

Reef / Hendu / Haslem?

Theo / Harrington / Leon Smith?

This team would make the playoffs, Spree, Newbell play awsome perimeter D and rebound above averager for their size and D.J. blocks alot of shots on fast breaks in the transition game.

Hawks would be able to sign Haslem b/c of the 3 for 2 trade giving us a roster spot. Or we could keep Leon as a backup center.

Newbel may be more of a sf then sg but JT is going to get some minutes at sg when he and Dickua play together.

I know everyone would rather have Toni then Hendu on the team but NY would too.

Harrington is hurt to much and Spree is gonna be like I. Rider. Also if would affect Ira's speical defensive place in the lineup. we already have scorers on the court we need a guy like Elton Brand,but we arn't gonna get him a guy like him could play defense and offense very affectively.

I like this trade alot. I would love to see Spree with the Hawks but not at the expense of JT. With JT, Spree, & SAR that would give us 3 GOTG. Spoon was a good scorer but I have barely heard any about him the last 4 years. He would probably be a good Vet to come off bench.