• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade talks at Chicago.

KB21

Exactly...we need to stop giving away future picks. I don't like the idea of giving away future 1st round picks. I we can get Josh Smith (the next Dominique Wilkins) at 6 then I say stay right where you are and get the best available talent at 17.

I would hate to give up that much for 1 pick!!!

Wilcox is definitely the better player and talent. That said, I actually think Ely makes more sense for the Hawks, because as Blunt mentions, he can play center, whereas Wilcox is duplication of Howard.

I think as long as the future first is top 15 protected the trade works. It is a lot og eggs to put in one basket, but if Howard fulfills his promise non one will ever remember what the Hawks gave up for him. He does fit exactly what the team needs - i.e., an athletic, tall frontcourt player. Best case his is something between Garnett and Duncan and worst case he will probably be something like Rasheed Wallace without the technicals and pot.

Exactly EDS, yes I can kind of dont like the idea of giving up #6 that can very well be Josh Smith and #17 that can very well be Kris Humphries for Howard, but you also have to think how about if Howard pans out to be the next KG or Duncan, 20+ ppg and 10+rpg and is just a pure stud, while Smith ends up being an allstar and Humphries a contributor, definitely not allstar level. I will take Howard hands down any time for that and we will never remember the day we made that trade and never will question it/

Eastern Conference (at least some of the time) and I'd MUCH rather have him than Ely but I can't imagine LAC will give us Wilcox instead so it is probably a moot point. Wilcox is only 21 years old (Ely is 25) and he has the frame to put on a lot more weight so he could end up playing Center (though I do think PF will be his best position).

All that being said, I'd do #6/#17 and a future protected first for #2/Ely, assuming D. Howard was still on the board at #2. I probably wouldn't do that for Okafor even though he might turn out to be better than Howard. I think Emeka has a lot more upside than most and I think he is an underrated athlete but that back injury scares me.

If this deal goes through, it seems to me that the Hawks have learned nothing from their dreadful draft history. This team is more than one player away from being good. Trading away two picks this year, and another future 1st round pick, is too much of a risk in my opinion.

Dwight Howard has a chance to be a special player, but he also has a chance to be a big time bust. Someone mentioned the 17th pick being a project, which is total hogwash. There are plenty of good players available in the teens and twenties, but teams have to do their homework.

TROUBLEMAN

Giving up the no6 and 17 plus a future 1st rounder Howard better be an elite player. He better be a player that can change the way other teams defense the Hawks. Obviously I don't expect Howard to be a star right away but giving up 3 potential starters for one player he better be an elite player in the future.

Hawks management I hope has seen enough of howard to make an accurate reading if he will be a dominate player.Hypothetically I am thinking what the hawks team could be with Howard:

PF Howard

SF Jackson

PG Terry

SG Diaw

C ??

Add in hopefully a project center in second round,Kevin Martin another second rounder and Duhon or other potential point guard we would have the makings of a playoff team that could do some damage.I still think if Hawks keep Terry that he is gone next year and the hawks would have money to burn on a top flight free agent shooting guard.I am not sure Diaw will be a star which the hawks must get at any position. Setting the building blocks now will draw a few free agents in the future.

The Hawks are giving up too much. I love Howard, but he's not gonna blossom right away. Randolph Morris will be in next years draft. Howard's high school friend and nemesis: 7ft tall and heavier, more post moves, going to Kentucky for at least a year. I say keep our picks and let them develop. Like someone else said, haven't the Hawks learn't anything from our draft history of trading away picks.

6th pick - Livingston, Josh Smith. 17th pick - Jefferson, Harrison, Aurojo.

I'd like to see Darius Rice with one of the 2nd round picks.