Charlotte: Okafor or Bust....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Charlotte is playing it well. If Orlando allows Okafor to fall.. Good.

If they let Howard fall, I believe the Bobcats might deal #2 to us. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

They gave up #4 and #33 for #2/drobs. If #2 isn't the man they want, I can see them giving up #2 for JT, #6.

I'd think we'd take it and then try to work out a deal to get high enough to draft Nelson.. Unfortunately, Charlotte took White. That says to me that Phoenix will probably give them #7.

Washington might deal with us if we took some salary off their hands like Laettner. #17/future 1st for #5/Laettner. Then we can trade #5 to Toronto for Mo Pete/#8.

The draft could look like this:

Orl - Okafor

ATL-Howard

CHI-Deng

LAC-Gordon

TOR-Livingston

CHA-Iggy

CHA-Biedrins

ATL-Nelson

PHI-Childress

CLE-Harris

POR-Jackson

SEA-Jefferson

GS-Podkolzine

Atlanta - Howard, Nelson, Laettner, Mo Pete...

Ok so even if you don't follow this line of Fantasy...The point is if Charlotte doesn't get Okafor, they may be just as happy dealing with us and taking #6, JT for #2. It's not a bad deal, especially if they get #7 from Phoenix...so they can pick up Biedrins,SG/SF.

• Premium Member

Read this...

As I look at what this article says and doesn't say, i don't see any love for Howard. It's stated that he'd be a good consolation, but come on... Charlotte just interviewed Howard but has never worked him out. I doubt Bickerstaff has seen much of him at all. If Orlando selects Okafor, I can see Charlotte talking trade with us (unless they are in the mood to ruin LAC's day)... In either case, we should trade with Chicago for #3....

If Chicago would take #6, #17.. I say do it because you never know....

The Suns still have the #7 pick. The pick they gave the Bobcats for taking White is a future lotto protected pick owed to PHX via Cleveland.

New word is Suns have intensified dealings with ORL for TMac and that is why the HOU deal hasn't been finalized yet. Suns may have upped the offer to Marion + JJ.

Suns brought in Josh Smith for a last minute second workout yesterday and are in talks with Cleveland to swap picks (7 for 10).

I think the Suns are on the verge of landing McGrady and have decided to shift focus from drafting a PG to a wing player. Smith would presumably still on the board when Cleveland picks at 10.

• Premium Member

Quote:

New word is Suns have intensified dealings with ORL for TMac and that is why the HOU deal hasn't been finalized yet. Suns may have upped the offer to Marion + JJ.

Well, this deal has always been on the table. I think they have uped the ante with what I read was #7. However, #7 is in doubt... because Cleveland's 2005 is going to Charlotte in trade for Pavlovic and it's being stated the other way...

Either way, what's holding the tmac trade is Stevie Franchises BYC status to change on July 1.

Houston's deal is still better for Orlando because it gets them out of Howard's longterm contract. Unless Phoenix man up and take Howard's contract, I doubt the suns walk away with Tmac...

BUT what I have heard is that Phoenix is clearing the table for Shaq.

Marion/Stoudamire/Eisley/#7 for Shaq.

I look at this deal and say... Are you crazy!!!! But then when I think about it....If they can make Shaq happy... Get a PF like KMart to come and play.

Barbosa/JJ/Lampje/Kmart/Shaq?

Quote:

Well, this deal has always been on the table.

No it hasn't. The Suns have never been willing to include JJ in the McGrady deals. Read today's ESPN Insider, it covers the whole situation. You can also get some info here.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/0623mcgrady0623.html

Quote:

However, #7 is in doubt... because Cleveland's 2005 is going to Charlotte in trade for Pavlovic and it's being stated the other way....

What does a Bobcat/Cavalier trade have to do with our #7 pick? Nothing at all. Suns own #7 but they are considering trading down.

Quote:

Either way, what's holding the tmac trade is Stevie Franchises BYC status to change on July 1

You are way out of the loop man. Read today's Insider before you continue. The deal is on hold because Francis doesn't want to go to Orlando and the Magic are still fielding offers from many teams(mainly PHX).

Quote:

BUT what I have heard is that Phoenix is clearing the table for Shaq.

Marion/Stoudamire/Eisley/#7 for Shaq.

It'll never happen. Amare won't be traded for anyone short of Tim Duncan or maybe LeBron. Not even KG(his contract is a ridiculous).

• Premium Member

Quote:

What does a Bobcat/Cavalier trade have to do with our #7 pick? Nothing at all. Suns own #7 but they are considering trading down.

You said that The Suns gave up Cleveland's pick in the White deal. However, Cleveland's pick will go to Charlotte for Pavlovic. You can't trade the same pick twice.

Quote:

No it hasn't. The Suns have never been willing to include JJ in the McGrady deals. Read today's ESPN Insider, it covers the whole situation. You can also get some info here.

Salarywise and talentwise a trade for Tmac won't work without both Marion and Johnson...

Quote:

You are way out of the loop man. Read today's Insider before you continue. The deal is on hold because Francis doesn't want to go to Orlando and the Magic are still fielding offers from many teams(mainly PHX).

Again... It doesn't matter how francis feels. IF Francis was overjoyed with Going to Orlando... They would still have to wait til July 1... Read the frontpage of ESPN...

Quote:

You said that The Suns gave up Cleveland's pick in the White deal. However, Cleveland's pick will go to Charlotte for Pavlovic. You can't trade the same pick twice.

I don't know anything about the Pavlovic deal. I do know the Suns gave Charlotte a pick owed to them from the Cavs. Here's an official statement from the Suns regarding the pick.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/expansion_dra...ite_040622.html

Quote:

Salarywise and talentwise a trade for Tmac won't work without both Marion and Johnson....

It could work salary wise, just not talent wise. Today's Insider said that PHX and Orl had heavy negotiations yesterday which leads me to believe the Suns may have wilted and agreed to trade Marion + JJ. But they wouldn't trade the #7 pick if they included JJ.

Quote:

Again... It doesn't matter how francis feels. IF Francis was overjoyed with Going to Orlando... They would still have to wait til July 1... Read the frontpage of ESPN...

It matters to John Weisbrod. He's dealing a disgruntled player in McGrady and he doesn't want a headcase in Francis who doesn't want to be there. As I said before, read Insider, everything is covered there. Here is a direct quote from today's Insider

"On Monday, Francis told his agent he did not want to play in Orlando. Francis' dig, combined with a flurry of criticism around the league about the lopsided deal, sent the Magic looking for alternative trade partners late Monday night."

• Premium Member

ESPN Article

Quote:

The trade, however, still cannot be made official until at least July 1 because Francis is considered a "base-year" player. Unless Francis is being traded to a team under the salary cap, the Rockets cannot complete a trade involving him until his "base year" player status expires.

I read in the insider where Chad said BYC is "overblown"..... BS!@@@!!! You see Chad says a lot of BS. However, the League rules are just that... RULES.

The other thing. McGrady said he would not resign with any other team except the Rockets. You may not remember how you guys got Danny Manning... However, your owner probably does. If McGrady wants to go to Houston... It's Houston...