• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nazr/Hendu/Email to Porltand for Dale Davis/Derrick Anderson

How badly does Portland want a Big Man?

I think This badly.

With both Davis and Anderson being guys that are asking/begging to be traded, I think that this is the trade for them.

1. Nazr would play C better than Kemp?

2. Hendu adds Depth to their frontcourt.

3. The lose two unwanteds.

I dont care if I have to say it 200000 times, we dont want Anderson on our team unless he is the #1 option because he will bitch about it and cry about it and he will disrupt team chemistry. With that trade that leaves us with

Anderson

JT

Dickau

Dion

Dermarr

Toni

Ira

CC

all looking for minutes at the 1-3 positions. That would kill DA because he wouldnt be the focal point. Why not give them Dion in the deal also and switch DA with Wells. That would make me happy and would clear up some more roster space and playing time for Wells. That would give the Blazers another scorer back also.

now if you replace anderson with Bonzi...well, I'd give 'em Nazr and Dion (or possibly DJ). How'd Toni and Pip get along back in the day?

sidenote: Pippen stated at some point last year that the coming year ('02-'03) would be his last in the league. His contract's up and he's getting up there in years...

• Premium Member

Sorry. I think that Portland will keep Wells.

However, here's my 1-3 depth:

JT/DD

DA/Glover/Ira

DJ/Toni/CC

Remember, Ira is just a BU. As far as scoring, we could use a third scorer. We need to take the ball out of JT's hand for scoring anyway. I think that the whole process confuses JT.

The plus in having DA is that he is just as good a Ball handler as he is a scorer. He bitched in Portland because everyone who plays in that system bitches. He splits time with Bonzi and sometimes they played him at PG? Why not bitch a little.

With the injuries to Toni and CC, Ira and Glover will get plenty of playing time. The trade helps us in a lot of ways.

just because you think its that way doesnt make it so. Portland may keep Bonzi, and thats fine, but that doesnt change my opinion that I dont want DA within a hundred miles of this team. He is a cancer plain and simple. He belongs on the jailblazers. There is nobody on this team I would trade for him. I wouldnt trade Email for him because he is a piece of trash. He whines and cries and would disrupt the team chemistry to no end. Its just not worth it.

And no, DA didnt just bitch in Portland, he did the same with San Antonio, which is why they didnt want him back. They are far happier with Smitty, even though Smitty isnt as talented anymore.

Just say NO to DA!!!

If that's true about his upcoming retirement, maybe we should make a run at Pippen. He could really help with DJ I think.

Hendu/Kukoc/CC for Pippen/filler

I don't know, something....... I think Pippen would be a great 2nd-3rd option with a change of scenery.

JT/DD

DJ/DG

Pippen/Ira

SAR/Haslem

Ratliff/Nazr

I actually really like that, that is if Pippen wanted to come here. Although I think Portland has enough contracts already.

Atlanta trades: SF Toni Kukoc (9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.6 apg in 25.3 minutes)

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Scottie Pippen (10.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.8 apg in 32.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -12.4 ppg, -5.8 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Portland trades: SF Scottie Pippen (10.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 5.8 apg in 32.2 minutes)

Portland receives: SF Toni Kukoc (9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.6 apg in 59 games)

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

Change in team outlook: +12.4 ppg, +5.8 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

• Premium Member

First off, personal attack aside...

You may not like DA, but I don't think he's a cancer?

Was he a cancer with San Antonio?

Was he a cancer with the Clippers?

Was he a cancer with Cleveland?

In all three cities, he has had nothing but praise for his play. IN Portland they brought him in to make a difference. He got injured and they bring Bonzi to take his spot. Of course he's going to be mad. Hell, everybody in Portland is mad.

If you want a legitimate complaint... It's DA's injury history.

I will agree. He's somewhat fragil...

However, look at what we give up?

Nazr/Hendu.

Getting back Dale Davis more than makes up our losses. IN fact, losing Hendu's contract is a bonus.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat.. because as you said... Even if he's injured we have more than enough guys to put in there.

That wasnt meant as a personal attack.....but man you slam anyones opinion on a trade and try to make your ideas sound like they are the only ones possible. Sorry if you took it that way.

Anyways, yes in San Antonio DA was a cancer. He bitched and moaned about not being the focal point of the offense, which is why he wanted to go to Portland. He thought he would be the man with Bonzi possibly not coming back from knee surgery. He was wrong big time. He came in and got hurt and never got to the point where they wanted him to be.

Like I said, I wouldnt trade anyone on our roster for him. Dont you think its funny that he has been on what 3 teams already in his somewhat short career? He has only been in the league 5 years and has been on 3 teams. Surely a light must go off in your head when you read that.

To top that off he only scored 10 ppg last year and was consistently put on the bench by Mo for his attitude. On a team with Rasheed and Bonzi and Scottie and Stoudamire, for someone to get benched because of their attitude is pretty sad. Every San Antonio fan I know was damn glad to be rid of him and the team played much better this year without him.

Again, I wouldnt trade anyone on our roster for him and we can certainly get more for Nazr/Hendu than an overpaid crybaby like Anderson.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Anyways, yes in San Antonio DA was a cancer. He bitched and moaned about not being the focal point of the offense, which is why he wanted to go to Portland.

http://detnews.com/2001/pistons/0107/27/sports-254540.htm

did you forget this part?

In reply to:

Anderson signed a one-year deal last season for $2.25 million, with the understanding that he would be rewarded with a long-term contract starting in the $8 million range. Team officials said they had a verbal agreement from Anderson to accept their offer last week.

Anderson, however, was insulted that the deal wasn't fully guaranteed in the final season. When team officials gave him a deadline of 2 p.m. Friday, he and agent Tony Dutt committed to Portland.

Coming from the Clipps as a FA (everyone wants outta there), he signed a lowball offered with the expectation of being paid. This is why he was traded.