• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

you want that SF?

Atlanta trades:

C Leon Smith (2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 7.1 minutes)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.0 minutes)

SF Toni Kukoc (9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.6 apg in 25.3 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SF Tim Thomas (11.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -9.3 ppg, -5.0 rpg, and -3.9 apg.

Milwaukee trades:

SF Tim Thomas (11.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)

Milwaukee receives: C Leon Smith (2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 14 games)

SF Dion Glover (8.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.5 apg in 55 games)

SF Toni Kukoc (9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.6 apg in 59 games)

Change in team outlook: +9.3 ppg, +5.0 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

The trade would give us a healthy, athletic, prototypical SF that's been on the bench for far too long. It'd also get rid of Dion, who, though I like, is going to be up for a new contract following the season.

For Milwaukee, it'd give them a championship veteran to help settle the troops. He plays Karl's style of ball. Esp. with their difficulties with Redd's resigning, Dion would give them the instant O off the bench that every team needs...

• Premium Member

I don't see why Milwaukee wouldn't consider it... However, there are too many question marks about smith. I agree that Dion was showcased... But Milwaukee is the last team that would want him.

More probably... is:

Nazr/Toni/1st to Milwaukee...

for

Thomas/EJ.

Point is that Milwuakee needs rebounding and Nazr can definitely give that. EJ has aged and is in his last yr so Nazr/Pryz/Gadzurich can man the C position for the next few.

Big Dog is probably untradable so they have to get rid of one of their big Contracts. Toni's value is that his contract is over afrter next season.

Also he's a versatile player that brings championship experience.

That sounds like it makes sense, and it does to me, but from chatting with some Bucks fans on RealGM they are saying that because of TTs big money contract and the length of it they are more wanting to trade him. They also say that Thomas was a very big disappointment to them last year and they dont have complete confidence there. I bet if they could get a good PF or C they would trade him in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member

Bottom line is trading Big Dog won't get them much. For instance.

Either Big Dog for Toni/Email...

or Big Dog/EJ for Nazr/Hendu.

But Big Dog has 41 million left on the contract. He's got a rep for being lazy. He's now got this legal matter. His value is low.

The problem still remains. There are too many big contracts in Milwaukee. And because Thomas is making 10 million and for all practical purposes is a BU, they might look to trade him and get back some value than trading Big Dog and getting back little.

Nice trade Weasel. I like this one. It bring in a young athletic 3 that has range and is solid on D. I am not against trading Dion if we get some young talent back. The good thing about Thomas is that he is locked up for a long time. In a starting role for us he could very well explode into a star, and we would already have him locked in a contract.