• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Answer...

IF Houston is successful in getting Rashard Lewis...

I believe that we ought to trade for Griff.

Or at least try to trade for Griff.

My guess is that Houston will offer up:

Taylor/Nachbar for Lewis.

If so, I believe we should go after Griff with Nazr.

Nazr/1st for Griff/Willis (SNT min).

All teams involved would be happy.

Because even though Houston has Ming... Nazr is very good insurance in case ming gets hurt or can't play...

If they get Lewis... Griff is not physical enough for PF.

First off, I think you're wrong. Griff's future will be at power forward. And it will be a pretty bright future, they love him there and aren't about to trade him for a backup center. 2nd, why would they trade Nachbar, Taylor, & Griff to make room for Lewis? Who plays power forward? 3rd, why trade anyone for Lewis? They can offer him a full middle class exemption w/o going into the tax.

• Premium Member

Keep up man.

Lewis is asking for 90 million dollars.

That down from 100 million.

Full MCE? :lol

You have to be joking.

As far as who plays PF.... There's a guy there named Kenny Thomas.

Griff could be the Pf of the future... But then again, Griff is what? 215-220. Watch out for Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett.

Me keep up? Just cause he's asking for it, doesn't mean jack.

His agent has threatened to have him sign for one year for the MCE to be free next year when more teams have cap room.

The Sonics are playing hard ball with him. They wont give him anything close to 90 mil. They're saying closer to 45 or 50, and they've said they won't sign and trade him.

I'm willing to bet that if he signs anywhere other than Seattle, he won't sign for a penny more than the MCE.

He will either sign with Seattle for more money, or with Houston for the full MCE. I am sure Houston would love to do a sign and trade, but I dont think Seattle would since they are looking for cap room for next year. He really wants to play for Houston bad though so I cant see him ending up anyplace else.

• Premium Member

He will go with the money this yr. Last yr he signed a full MCE worth 4.5 million. There's no way he will do that again. If not in trade with Houston... He either goes to Dallas via trade or Chicago.

I'd like to see him go to Houston and really hate to see

him go to Chicago:

Williams/Rose/Lewis/Chandler/Curry

bench:

Hassell

Crawford

Fizer

Eddie Robinson

That team has potential to win THIS YEAR

Seattle would like to keep him, but won't pay top dollar. They also won't sign & trade him, because they'd rather let him go than bring in unwanted contracts. The Kenny Anderson trade shows you that they're all about the money right now.

Not many teams have cap room. Chicago does. I'm not sure if Washington does. Maybe he'll go to one of those two. If he doesn't go to one of those two teams, or stay in Seattle, he will have to settle for the MCE. Seattle has no incentive to sign & trade him.

With Baker gone and Anderson and two minor contracts replacing him...

And with GP's 16 million off the books.

Seattle will have at least 24 million dollars to spend next yr anyway.

Regaurdless of who they set their hopes after, they will still need some talent to attract them. Why play for a team with no one there when Orlando, Miami, Houston, and others will have big money too.