• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves 3rd in baseball in Exp WP

CBAreject

I know expected win percentage doesn't mean much to most of you, but it is a better indicator of future performance than current record, as it accounts for luck and such.

If you don't know, EXP WP is calculated using the basebally Pythagorean theorem: (RS^2)/(RS^2 + RA^2), where RS is runs scored and RA is runs allowed. The formula is purely based on scoring.

The Braves', despite all that has gone wrong, have the 3rd best expected winning percentage in MLB, currently, at .570. So, on the one hand, they're underperforming to date. On the other hand, they project better than the Phillies in the second half (or last 64 games, if you will).

It's funny how the second half in baseball is usually the last 40% of the season.

Anyhoo, I'm happy with the team, and I think I've grown more attached to this rag-tag bunch than any other team we've had. Johnny Estrada is my favorite player. No Drugs, Panch. No drugs.

The future is bright for the Braves. The team is playing well despite having a low payroll. Fans are more interested in the team. A minor league system thought to be devoid of prospects at season's beginning suddenly appears stocked after breakout seasons (Nick Green, Charles Thomas, Jose Capellan, Kyle Davies, Jacob Stevens, James Jurries, Adam Stern, Brian McCarthy) and expected progress from Andy Marte, Jeff Francoeur, Dan Meyer, and Tony Pena. Heck, even Betemit is respectable AND, the media is beginning to defrost the humble pie. Well, except for Rob Neyer who will no doubt claim that the Braves success is a statistical anomaly, and that he stands by his prediction of a 4th place finish.

Go TomaHAWKS

• Admin

It's time for Bobby Cox to get some credit. He's been taking a team that shouldn't win and making them winners for years now.

As good as they are playing now, they still aren't playing at full potential. Of Horacio can come back and pick up where he left off last year, they will be tough to beat in the playoffs.

Championships are about getting hot at the right time and this is a team that is capable of getting hotter and better as the season goes on.

yea, Bobby Cox doesnt get the props he deserves in ATL. We "expect" the braves to be contenders year-in and year-out. But u can ask the other teams how hard it is to remain consistant (esp MARLINS) after havin a great season.

so heres my post THANKING BOBBY COX for all that hes done for the BRAVES.

----------------------------------------------------

its amazing how well the BRAVES are playin considerin the fact that the JONES brothers arent hitting well this season (overall). No one would have guessed that we'd lead the division w/ both Andruw and Chipper struggling.

Bobby and the Gang have made journeyman below average

guys like Jarrett Wright and John Thomson better pitchers

and it's worked out. I thought this would the year we

see what kind of coach Bobby really is. For what the

Braves might lack on paper they make up for in heart.

That's more than can be said for the Braves in along

time.