• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Midseason trde...

Diesel

No I don't like this. We need a true PG for our future, not our past. Jason Kidd's future is unknown at this point and we'd be committing to paying him 21 million in 2008/2009.

I would only trade for Kidd if he was the missing piece for a championship caliber team. That's not us right now.

Terrible trade....Remember we are rebuilding and that would totally go against what Billy is trying to do. Collins is a scrub and Kidd is on the other side of the prime of his career.

The only position I would get an older person is Center and Dampier fits that mold.

I would never make that trade!!

• Premium Member

I think the thing that has many people worried abot Kidd is his bad knee. He's a PG, his game should be speed. With a bad wheel, him making 20+ Million dollars in the future is scary. Lots of people would probably want Tony Parker instead which makes sense.

However, I look at it from this spot. Even with slowed Speed, Kidd is still one of the best PGs in the game. Moreover, he is a free agent draw and would be an awesome talent to put with these kids...

Jason Kidd/J-Chill/J-Smooth/Lil Al/Pryz.

That's a winner as long as JKidd can find an open man.

Would I want Kidd til 2009?

Not really. I would look to dump Kidd in 2007, however, if neccessary, I would Keep Kidd til 2009.

The other thing is NJ might not consider it, but JT/Damp are definitely good starting points to go with RJ/Pavlov...

Quote:

If we get Damp.

Damp/JT to NJ for Jason Kidd/Collins.

diesel - do you ever think about these deals before posting them? 99% of the time they are far in favor of the hawks and now this time, the trade is impossible anyways.

you cannot sign and trade another teams free agent.