• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Hansen

perthwildcat

http://www.baskonia.com/web/prensa4.asp (translation below)

Travis Hansen se convierte en el primer fichaje del TAU

El jugador norteamericano Travis Hansen se ha comprometido con el TAU Cerámica para la temporada 2004-05. Travis nació en Provo (Utah) en abril de 1978, mide 1,98 y procede de los Hawks de Atlanta.

Travis Hansen jugó tres temporadas en la Universidad de Brigham Young (BYU). En su último año promedió 16 puntos y 4,8 rebotes por partido. Entró en el draft de 2003 con el número 37 y fue elegido por Atlanta. En la campaña 2003-04 disputó 41 partidos en la NBA, con 12 minutos de media y unos promedios de 3 puntos y 1,7 rebotes por partido.

Translation:

Travis Hansen becomes the first draftee of the TAU

The North American player Travis Hansen has itself it jeopardize with the Ceramic TAU for season 2004-05. Travis was born in Provo (Utah) in April of 1978, measures 1.98 and comes from the Hawks de Atlanta. Travis Hansen played three seasons in the University of Brigham Young (BYU). In his last year it divided equally 16 points and 4.8 bounces by party. It entered draft of 2003 with number 37 and was chosen by Atlanta. In campaign 2003-04 it disputed 41 parties in the NBA, with 12 minutes of average and averages of 3 points and 1.7 bounces by party.

• Moderators

Did he sign or did he just get drafted? I don't see anything about a signing in the article. Having draft rights to Hansen is very different than signing him - in fact, my understanding is that he is contractually obligated to the Hawks if they elect to pick up his option.

Tau signs Travis Hansen (8-3-04).

http://www.eurobasket.com/esp/esp.asp

Quote:

Tau Cerámica Baskonia officially announced the signing of US forward Travis Hansen (198-G/F-78, college: BYU), last season in the Atlanta Hawks. Hansen spent his college years in Brigham Young University, averaging 16 points and 4,8 rebounds per game. Hansen was picked by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2003 NBA Draft (37th), playing 41 games with them last year (12 minutes, 3 points and 1,7 rebounds).

From ESPN Insider:

Hawks guard Travis Hansen has signed a one year deal to play for Tau Ceramica in Spain the club announced today. Hansen confirmed the signing to ESPN.com this afternoon. Hansen, who played his collegian ball at BYU, was the second round draft pick of the Hawks last season where he averaged 3 ppg on 12 mpg.The Hawks had an option to pick up the second year of his contract, but told Hansen they wouldn't pick up the option, allowing him to leave for Spain. The Hawks have drafted five other swingmen over the past two summers, making Hansen expendable.

Hi, i'm the guy who said at RealGM the trade was done. He has signed for my favourite team where he'll probably be a starter (he comes to replace Andrés Nocioni, who has signed for the Bulls and, you'll see, is a great great player). I guess Hansen has chosen Spain because he knows Spanish qite well (he lived in South America for two years) and he will be looking for playing minutes... do you think he will do well? we need a solid rebounder that can make points as well... does he fit in this description?