• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Live 2005 Videos.....

Admin

EA Sports has put up some videos of Live 2005 and man this game looks HOT this year. They brought back the 3pt shootout, plus have added a slam dunk competition, in air collisions and thunderous slam dunk putbacks plus signature slams for the star players.

Anyways, here is the link with the videos on it. Scroll towards the bottom to see the links.

http://www.easports.com/games/nbalive2005/home.jsp

I guess you either never play on the highest level, or you pump your team up, or you havent played it in a few years then. Last years game was excellent. It had a few bugs, but the games were far more competitive than in years past. Defense is definitely being emphasized in the last 2 releases (counting this one)

do y'all like NBA Live over ESPN NBA2K series? the last edition of 2K really took a lot of "post presence" out of it, turning it into a more uptempo game, thus somewhat limited the ability of players like Brand and SAR (less athletic finishers).

I've never played Sega's version...just curious, as time is drawing nigh again.

during my PLAYSTATION era, i played the NBA LIVE series and loved it.

in my XBOX era (current era), im playing ESPN BASKETBALL.

i havent played NBA LIVE since like TIM HARDAWAY was on the cover (j/k... i think i played a year or two more)

but heres my breakdown

ESPN (2k series)

PROS

- graphics are just outstanding. it seems so real. i love the movements- how the players move.

CONS

- like u said, its harder to use guys like SAR and BRAND. if u get too aggressive, its offensive foul. its definitely easier to pile up the STATS w/ wing players (SG and SF). I swear, a quick outlet pass leads to a fast break which is guaranteed 2 points (dunk) for SG/SF.

NBA LIVE (havent played it for a while, but this is what i remember)

PROS

- gameplay. while it lacks the graphics, it makes up for gameplay. i honestly see this being similar to the ESPN FOOTBALL/MADDEN series. NBA live would be the equivalent of MADDEN.

CONS

- takes 20 seconds of the 24 second shotclock for the opponent to shoot the damn ball.

--------------------------------------------

so conclusion?

- if plan to play the game by urself (no xbox live or such), id go w/ ESPN BASKETBALL.

- if u plan to play w/ a friend/roommate/onlineFRIEND, go w/ NBA LIVE.

few tips

- i hear that the upcoming ESPN BASKETBALL game will be in stores for $20 (like they did w/ the ESPN FOOTBALL game). the same applies for the hockey game.

if u guys still want the ESPN FOOTBALL game, u can get it at walmart BRAND NEW for $15.

ive been a madden fan for a while, but im starting to like ESPN football... but i cant seem to pick which one i like better.... its a tough choice.

* some players on ESPN FOOTBALL are OVERRATED! only 1 quarterback or so has like 100 rating (Manning- wait, i think it was a 99 rating), while like 4 guys or so WRs have a 100 rating. then u have some guys rated way too high.

CORY HALL (safety for FALCONS) is like at 92 or 94?

MASON (WR for TITANS) is at 94 or something...

i dont know, maybe they're that GOOD.

btw, VICK is at 90 rating. His ARM STRENGTH is 99, but his accuracy is mid 80s (i believe). However, his speed makes his value seem a lot more than a mere 90-rated QB.

• Admin

their games are always a progression. Every time they release a new engine with a core of new features, it takes them a game or two to get them all working properly.

one of the good things about the pc version, besides the better gfx and sound, is the ability to download rosters that are tweaked for even better realism and updated constantly. They really help to, the guy who does them has been doing this since 95 and he does a great job. It's funny that he's been able to fix so many holes in the game just by tweaking the stats. You'd think EA could figure that out too.

I used to like the PC version, its all I actually used to play, however you just dont get the experience from a 17-19" monitor and PC speakers that I get from my big screen TV and surround sound system. The ONLY advantage to the PC version is the NBA Live website where you can get updated rosters, patches, etc. Hopefully EA Sports will start doing that soon with the PS2 version since its easy to get online with the PS2.

• Admin

Not if you have a pc with TV outs. The PC version also has vastly superior sound and graphics as well as a much better online play. You'd be more accurate saying the only advantage to the xbox/ps2 versions are that you can more easily play them on a big screen.

Well yes it is true that you CAN have better sound and better video on the PC, but most people wont. Not many people are willing to spend any type of money on a good LCD or CRT to play games on. I have never seen a PC sound system that will outperform my home theater either, which is huge for me. You are right that with a good video card that has outs on it you could get a good experience by combining with a big screen, but how many people keep their game machine near their living room TV?

There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both, I just happen to prefer the console version playing on TV to the computer version.

I guess you either never play on the highest level, or you pump your team up, or you havent played it in a few years then. Last years game was excellent. It had a few bugs, but the games were far more competitive than in years past. Defense is definitely being emphasized in the last 2 releases (counting this one)"

Last one I played was the one with Jason Kidd on the

front. It wasn't bad besides the fact defense was nearly

impossible to play. Never played a game and had such a

hard time playing defense. THe computer players on your

team doesn't do shyt to play defense.... It got on my

nerves. I bought NBA Live until NBA2k2 came out.... But

it's been the 2k series every since.

THe problem with last years NBA2k though is the post game

was weak. And you can't create but like 10 lousy guys. Not

even a full teams worth.