• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Perish the thought Diesel!!!!!!

Diesel

Quote:

However, let me also say, fantasy trades.. There is no such board. The trade I proposed was very possible.... If you suggest that possibilities be placed somewhere else, then you might as well take 80% of the post out of here and make this the news room.

Reading comprehension, Diesel.

From the index page for the forums:

Trade Central

Hawks trade proposals and analysis

Is is the second forum, after "Home Court."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not pointing you out in particular. I am speaking in general. I happen to enjoy and get a lot of relevant information from your post. So no I am not picking on you in particular...I am totally speaking in generalities.

Actually I agree....Loren Woods was posted on here because he was an unsigned big man and the Hawks need big men. But did anyone here anything from the front office or BK incentuating Woods would be looked at in Atlanta.....The answer is NO. So I could give a darn who Loren Woods signed with and yes it probably should have been put on another forum.

I think out of all the posters that we should pattern our post by..... Jaywalker is probably the best. He comes on here with truthful, relevant information about our Beloved Hawks.

And don't get me wrong Diesel....there is nothing wrong with some "What if" post on this forum every now and then, but try and make the "What If" post seem semi-plausible of happening. Some of these proposals you and I know will never happen and that is what turns people off. If we are going to put proposals put things out there that Hawks can possibly (realistically) happen.....THAT'S ALL!!

We will never get nor want Glenn Robinson back in an Atlanta uniform. See what I mean......

Quote:

So where is the "fantasy"?

I think I read better than you.

Where is the fantasy?

Walker for Big Dog/Dalembert.. Until the papers are signed (or it is at least rumored by a reputable source), it is a product of your imagination and creativity. Ergo, it is a fantasy trade proposal.

Quote:

Where is the fantasy?

Walker for Big Dog/Dalembert.. Until the papers are signed (or it is at least rumored by a reputable source), it is a product of your imagination and creativity. Ergo, it is a fantasy trade proposal.

It's also a fantasy in that Philly would never agree to a trade like that. Daly is a younger, heavier and better offensive version of Theo Ratliff. A few of us Suns fans have run some Marion for Daly proposals to Sixer fans and majority of them say no. If they won't do Marion for Daly, they damn sure won't do it for Walker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Until the papers are signed (or it is at least rumored by a reputable source), it is a product of your imagination and creativity.

Other topics running in this board...

Alvin Jones Jr?

No papers are signed. Hell he's not even talked to BK... Just imagination.

Tony Delk Talk

Yes Tony Delk and Drobs for that matter are current hawks. I see a lot of baseless prediction and "fantasy" about how they will play as Hawks.

Something about Dallas

Outlines a trade with Dallas for Shawn Bradley based on Speculation.

Hawks recruiting dept

Thread talks about guys who the hawks should "go after" who are not even in the NBA.

The Loren Woods/Fizer thread

Neither of these guys are Hawks and probably will never be.

I could go on an on and on like Erica Bahdu... But I will stop the insanity right here.

The point is that everyone comes here to talk, speculate, etc....

While Jay does a pretty good job of reporting and bringing word from the top.. He speculates sometimes too...shocked.gif

That's what we do here... If you're going to police that, I say you police the whole board...consistently and not just tune in when you see my post.

1. He will NEVER change his mind through listening/understanding another poster.

2. He will NEVER let the topic die/be 'squashed'.

3. He will NEVER allow you to have the last word.

And those are just a few. If I tried really hard I could probably come up with at least seven more.

– – – – – – – – – – – –

With that being said, I'd have to say that random trade thoughts, although posted on the WRONG Forum, are fun to look/laugh at. HOMECOURT would be slightly boring eitherwise.

What you could do to defeat these pesky trade proposal threads is exactly what I do...

DON'T POST ON THEM.

That kills the thread quicker and there then becomes space for more informative items.

See above on why arguing with Diesel on these threads are particularly devastating to you and your time.

=P

Lets don't get carried away about this guys.

Speculation is a part of forum talk, but should this be real educated speculation? Things that we think will probably or could happen based on history or based on tendencies, hiring trends, recruiting trends, etc.

Like in a court room...you can have circumstancial evidence. However this circumstancial evidence have to be assumed based on something. Circumstancial evidence without circumstancial prudence is useless.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with those type of topics as long as they have some type of foundation and/or reasoning for them as it concerns the Atlanta Hawks.

• Premium Member

Did you consider the basis of this thread? Let me help you with the evidence!?!??

Quote:

Sixers, O’Brien have eye on Walker

By Kim Dunbar

Take out the photo albums…Antoine Walker may be having a reunion.

The latest rumors swirling around the fate of the Dallas forward is that new Philadelphia coach Jim O’Brien, who was hired after leaving Boston this past season, and the 76ers are interested in acquiring him. Philly, who is working on improving it’s shooting, recently signed guards Kedric Brown and Kevin Ollie. Now, the team hopes to chase after Walker.

O’Brien coached both Brown and Walker when they were in Boston. Brown told the News Journal (Delaware) that O’Brien took him under his wing in Boston and will be able to help him find his talent in Philly. O’Brien is most likely hoping the same will happen for Walker, who was one of the keys to the Celtics’ success when he was there.

Walker has always had the potential to be a key player on a team’s roster. In Boston, he coupled with Paul Pierce to lead the team to the playoffs and brought the old Boston Garden spirit back to the fans. When he was shipped to Dallas, Walker did not have an opportunity to impact the Mavericks as much as he probably would have liked. Although Walker started all 82 games in which he played, his points per game were at a career low 14. In Dallas, Walker was overshadowed by Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki and was no longer one of the team’s main men with the ball like he was in Boston. However, that may all change if ‘Toine becomes a 76er.

In Philly, the 6’9” Walker will give the team height and leadership; besides Allen Iverson, there are no definitive leaders of the team. For a roster that needs a shooter, a tall forward and a leader, Walker is the complete package and probably the best bet for the Sixers. And to add to the deal, just remember that he has a certain comfort level with the coach.

But Philly needs to act soon. Isaiah Thomas, general manager of the New York Knicks, has had his eye on Walker for a while. So far, his efforts to acquire ‘Toine have all hit brick walls. His new plan uses Dikembe Mutombo as bait for a three team trade with Dallas and Toronto sending Walker to the Knicks and Mutombo to the Raptors.

As the NBA off-season drama continues, Antoine Walker may very well be its next victim.

Written earlier this offseason. I think it puts together a good basis... Don't you agree?

How about Katz?

Quote:

LAS VEGAS -- Antoine Walker predicts he could be playing for New York next season, assuming the Knicks can work a trade for the Dallas Mavericks forward.

"I think I'm going to be in a Knick uniform. That's my prediction, but we'll wait and see," Walker told ESPN.com Friday.

Antoine Walker

Forward

Dallas Mavericks

2003-2004 SEASON STATISTICS

GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%

82 14.0 8.3 4.5 .428 .554

Walker, who was coaching a high school summer league team called the Illinois Fire at the adidas Super 64 tournament Friday, said he has to get out of Dallas before next season.

Wallker has one season left on his contract worth a reported $14 million.

"I've got to go, but obviously I'm under contract, so they don't have to move me," Walker said after he coached his team to a win at Centennial High in Las Vegas.

"I don't know if the grass is greener for me elsewhere, but there had been too many negative things with the situation in Dallas. They left me unprotected [in the expansion draft] and all the trade talks, and they made moves like Steve [Nash] going the other way [signing with Phoenix]."

A possible Knick trade could include Kurt Thomas but would also mean more players for an equal salary swap. Walker said he has spoken to the Knicks as well as the Philadelphia 76ers.

A potential trade with the Sixers could include Glenn Robinson. Trading Walker to the Sixers would reunite him with coach Jim O'Brien, who coached Walker in Boston, where he was a two-time All-Star. Walker averaged 22.1 points in 16 playoff games in 2002, when he led the Celtics to the Eastern Conference finals.

"I would love to play for him for the simple fact that I know him as a coach and I know his system," Walker said. "He wants you to play hard defensively and, offensively, he goes with the guy who can put the ball in the basket.

“ I've got to go, but obviously I'm under contract, so they don't have to move me. ”

— Antoine Walker

"They have [in Philadelphia] the pieces there, but I like the New York situation too," Walker said. "I like their style of play and any time you get a chance to play with a great point guard like Stephon [Marbury] is a plus.

"Going back to the East would be good for me," Walker said.

"I want to be the best I can be. You always want to be in the top 24 players at the halfway point," Walker said about being an All-Star. "The West is tough at forward. I would have a better chance going back to the East. That would put me in the mix [for the All-Star Game].

"I want to be a winner and would love to get back to the Eastern Conference finals and have a chance to win a ring," Walker said. "Hopefully, I can put myself in that situation again. That's why I like the Philly and New York situations. Detroit is the dominant team defensively in the East, but both teams are right there close by and maybe one player away from those guys [the Pistons]."

The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Friday that Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks' president of basketball operations, said, "Antoine Walker is a big part of our team." Nelson went on to say that the Mavs like Walker "quite a bit."

When the Sacramento Kings eliminated the Mavs in the first round of the playoffs this season, Walker, who averaged 9.8 points and 10 rebounds in 28 minutes a game in the series, was quoted in an ESPN.com story saying:

"To be honest, [being traded] is a concern of mine. I don't want to be sent around the league. I know when you're in the last year of your deal, you can become very valuable. I'm very aware of that. But I never wanted to spend my career playing on five or six different teams. That's not something I'm looking forward to doing.

"I think we're very talented, but we have eight new guys on this team. Even scrambling, we won 52 games. We were a great home team that just didn't get it done on the road. With a year with everybody learning each other, we can be very good."

But his mood has changed upon reflecting how he was used with the Mavericks. He was phased out of the offense, especially late in the game.

Walker said he is in constant contact with Mavs owner Mark Cuban.

"I'm patient because it's only July, but I just hope I'm going to be moved before the season starts," Walker said.

If he isn't, then he said he would have to talk to coach Don Nelson because Walker started off "playing a lot of minutes before they got cut."

"I like playing ball and I don't want to be in a situation where I'm toyed around (with)," Walker said. "I want to be in a consistent situation.

"Offensively, it would be tough without Steve because we did a lot of the pick-and-rolls off of him when he created mismatches. Marquis [Daniels] is a good young player and [first-round draft pick] Devin [Harris] is going to have to get his feet wet. So right now, we're in tough shape."

Walker said he doesn't want to be put in "another situation like that [in Dallas] again."

If you were trying to suggest that this is something that is baseless, I think I have proven otherwise.

Quote:

I don't think anyone would have a problem with those type of topics as long as they have some type of foundation and/or reasoning for them
as it concerns the Atlanta Hawks.

Both of these articles are way before the Hawks acquired Walker and both of these speculation articles have absolutely nothing to do with the Atlanta Hawks. Now if this was a Philadelphia or Dallas forum then yes it would be relevant. But there is no way in hell the Hawks were going to take Glenn Robinson contract back in Atlanta.

This is not a Dallas/Philadelphia forum and none of this came from any Atlanta camp, definately not Billy Knight. These articles prove absolutely nothing concerning the Atlanta Hawks.

I just don't understand what the big deal is. If Diesel likes posting trade proposals why should it bother anyone else? If you don't want to read them, in his subject he makes it very clear when its a trade proposal so don't read it.

People flaming other posters bothers me much more than Diesel's trade proposals. Sometimes I want to read his trade proposals sometimes I don't. When I don't I skip them or skim through them quickly. However, when I do want to read them I hate to have to read through a whole post of folks flaming and boo hooing about it.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I am seeing a trend on this board and the Falconsroost of about one flame post a day, and im getting annoyed. Hopefully the offseason will quickly end so folks will have something talk about besides each other.

i, too, am not bothered by DIESEL's trades.

however- we do have a separate forum for such talks and if possible, i wouldnt mind if Diesel posted it there. im sure a few of u guys wouldnt like it if i posted OFFTOPIC stuff here and instead of the offtopic section.

since we have the resources, lets use it!