• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yankees get TROUNCED 22-0 by Indians

CBAreject

• Admin

That was one hell of a loss. They commented during the Braves/phil game that if you looked to the east you could see steam rising and that it was coming from the owners box at Yankee Stadium.

But seriously, the Yanks have been fading for the last few weeks While the bosox have been on a tear. The Nomar trade really did wonders for them. They've been a WS caliber team all year pitching/offensively. But their defense was horrible. Now they're looking VERY solid defensively.

Those back to back series iwth teh bosox, who have handled them pretty well this year, are going to be key to their playoff hopes this year.

The Yankees are not one of the 4 best teams in the AL right now, so it will be interesting to see if they can hold on to their playoff spot. They have a pretty soft schedule when compared to the red sox. Bostons next 8 games are against Anaheim (2), Texas (3) and then at Oakland for 3. These next 10 days are huge for the Bosox. But they will do it. They will beat the Braves in the WS for all the marblonios.

Believe!

But seriously, the Yanks have been fading for the last few weeks While the bosox have been on a tear. The Nomar trade really did wonders for them. They've been a WS caliber team all year pitching/offensively. But their defense was horrible. Now they're looking VERY solid defensively."

Theo is a heck of a young Gm. I thought he made really

good trades. Nomar is good, but not as good as some

people make him out to be. They sure balanced out the

team more didn't they? Do they have enough of a pitching

staff to win it all? Pedro isn't as good as he was even

2 years ago...Schilling is getting up there in years.

About the Braves, it's funny how people are proclaiming

the Dodgers and Cubs to be this years Flordia Marlins.

Seems like the Braves are to me! And I'd be lying if I

said I want the Braves to win the World Series... But

this could be the year. If Bobby Cox doesn't get

manager of the year somebody is smoking some weed.

• Admin

The bosox got what they needed, defense. They had plenty of hitting, with or without nomar and he wasn't really burning it up out there. They definitely have enough pitching. the 1-2 of Pedro and Schilling (though I'd give Schill the 1) is about as good as you can ask for.

Now that they've got the defense to back up the pitching and hitting, I think it's going to be hard for the Yanks to hold them off. They could still win the division. But I think the Bosox will take them when they meet in the playoffs.

As for the Braves, yes, i agree, I think this is the start of another braves dynasty. not that the first one has ended yet. But they managed to come full circle, bringing up talent, losing it and bringing up more talent, without ever becoming a bad team.

I think this years team has the perfect mix of young, hungry players and good vets to get it done this year. They are certainly doing it the right way. They started out slow and progressed as their young players progressed. The good thing is that the young players are STILL getting better. The team still hasn't peaked and they're knocking teh daylights out of the ball while getting plenty of good pitching. PLus players like Chipper are coming out of their slumps. Funny how some people, one person actually, was calling chipper a "shot player". HE Looks far from shot to me.

If Bobby Cox doesn't get manager of the year, it will be a crime.

I would welcome a bosox/braves matchup in the WS. Give me 7 games and I'll be happy with whatever outcome.

That last poster was me. I forgot to log in....

Quote:

The bosox got what they needed, defense. They had plenty of hitting, with or without nomar and he wasn't really burning it up out there. They definitely have enough pitching. the 1-2 of Pedro and Schilling (though I'd give Schill the 1) is about as good as you can ask for.

Now that they've got the defense to back up the pitching and hitting, I think it's going to be hard for the Yanks to hold them off. They could still win the division. But I think the Bosox will take them when they meet in the playoffs.

I agree... Some people where shouting like Theo traded

away this franchise player. I like Nomar... But he is

no franchise player. You need some role players and

some defensive ability and they got that now.

Quote:

As for the Braves, yes, i agree, I think this is the start of another braves dynasty. not that the first one has ended yet. But they managed to come full circle, bringing up talent, losing it and bringing up more talent, without ever becoming a bad team.

The only problem is that the Braves probably cant

spend as much money as they used to and so it's

tougher to keep players once they develop. But the

Braves have a shot at winning as long as Bobby and

Leo are there. I think the Braves Dynasty will be

there aslong as Bobby and Leo are there. It's amazing

how they turn below average pitchers and they go

to Atlanta and become better.... The Braves are

so much better with vet pitchers than young pitchers.

"PLus players like Chipper are coming out of their

slumps. Funny how some people, one person actually,

was calling chipper a "shot player". HE Looks far

from shot to me."

I think moving to 3rd base has helped. Hasn't Shawn

Green had the same problem? Didn't they move him back

to his original position? Seems like he has also hit

better lately.

To bad the Braves haven't rubbed off on the Hawks

throught the years.

• Admin

I think the move back to 3rd is exactly what chipper needed. You notice his production started to slip the year they moved him out. As soon as he came back to 3rd this season he picked it up.

For one I think all that hard running in left broke him down physically. I also think that he just felt detached from the game out there and mentally, it took something out of him. Plus he's always been a 2nd half kind of guy, though never quite as bad as he was this year.

either way, it's good to see him back in form. He used to be a guy that, with runners in scoring position, was feared. Over the last year or so, pitchers have been more willing to pitch to him in those situations. The ones that are still doing it are getting hurt for it now though. He's probably going to hit his 100rbi mark again this year too. pretty amazing considering where he was 6 weeks ago.

I knew going into the season that the only real weakness of the Red Sox was their defense, especially that black hole at 1st base. Getting Mentkiviecz (sp?) was a major steal. He is one hell of a defender and a good enough offensive 1st baseman to play everyday and let Ortiz play DH. They might be in trouble in the WS because they will lose a lot of offense playing in the NL park without Ortiz though....but that shouldnt matter since they are the Red Sox afterall and will undoubtedly choke again this year.

The Yankees sure got embarrassed last night. They are having a ton of trouble with the starting rotation as only El Duque and Lieber are giving them consistent starts. Mussina has been bad and Brown has been great when healthy but has had a lot of trouble staying healthy. Not only that but the Yankees bats arent doing everything that they should be doing.

The big thing though is that everybody knows its September, not August that really makes or breaks a team and we will see how it all turns out.