ages at the same pace.

Many times, age and experience can overcome youth and

enthusiasm. Just being young doesn't guarantee winning

all the time just as age doesn't necessarily mean being

uncompitent.

Youth is such a wonderful thing! It's a shame it has

to be wasted on young people!

As we age, we learn to do things to compensate for the

loss of our youth. Don't sell all of us old guys short.

We may not get there as fast, but we know where we're

going and how to get there.

cool.gif

I'm a Tech alumn, so I'm partial to Kenny. However, I realize that Kenny had his best years with the Nets. He was one of the top 4 PG's in the league back then.

To say that he might peak this year is wishful thinking. Scratch that. Irrational thinking. That said, I believe that Kenny will do OK for us.

I'll never forget the year that Stephon Marbury left Tech to become a top 5 draft pick (I was in high school). Mark Bradley wrote that Marbury would never be as good as Kenny Anderson. Mark Bradley has said a lot of stupid things in his career.

I recognize he is 35 however he is not a worn and torn 35 because of his lack of minutes over the last 2 years. The slight of build also typically gets more mileage out of their bodies. KA has always been more crafty than a super athlete which is why Stockton and Marc Jackson lasted so long. If KA can be a true pg he will pay dividends for the Hawks.

All I want Kenny to do is come in, make good decisions with the ball, play decent defense and don't turnover the ball. Something the PG position hasn't done on this team in years.

I am not looking for Kenny to score unless he has the open shot. Just don't turn the ball over and he good at that. He is a TRUE PG. He can do that at 35. JT couldn't do that and he is in his prime.

No one should expect Kenny Anderson to come in and tear the league up. He's here to bring some stability to the PG position and make good decisions with the basketball. I agree that we don't need him to score unless the shot is open. And his familiarity with 'Tione, Delk, Al and JB should really make the transition easy. I can see Anderson averaging somewhere in the vicinity of 7-10 points and 5-7 assists. Nothing spectacular, but steady...

• Premium Member

Truthfully,

KA has been in decline for some time. That's fact. Is he the KA of GA TECH... NO.

What is he then?

He's a guy that can add experience to our offense and our lockerroom. I would suggest he's a Terry Porter type at the end of his career. Or maybe a Anthony Johnson type at the end of his. The one thing you can't measure is his knowledge of the game and his chemistry with Walker/Harrington. For that reason, I'm not afraid to have him playing for us. I think he will do a lot of teaching on the practice field to these guys like Ivy and Diaw. What better than to have those guys paired with one of the best Basketball PGs to play the game.

What would I expect from KA?

Maybe

16 mpg, 4.4 ppg, 3.5 apg, 1.0 rpg, 0.4 spg.

I think Delk, Diaw will see that other time. But that's OK. I think he's suitable and will be good for what we brought him here for. To teach defensive/Scoring guards to think offensively.

I bet Kenny Anderson will play 30 minutes a game.

I see no reason why he can't. I think his body is still plenty capable of doing it, and he is a good, smart PG. I look forward to him playing alot. You're right that he won't be the KA from tech, and he won't be making the highlight reel, but I think he is more than capable of running this team for the bulk of our games

• Moderators

Anthony Johnson is only 30 and is basically in his prime. I'm not sure I understand the analogy there.

Top players even on the decline are great people to have on a team like this if there is good coaching. With a playoff game on the line do you want to put the ball in KA's hands or Anthony Johnson's. And I'm not knocking AJ I wish we still had him, but you don't lose talent and experience as you get older. And 34 isn't that old.