• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Live 2005 comes out tomorrow

Admin

Been waiting for this game or a while. With my Dolphins stinking up the NFL I have had my passion to play Madden sucked out of me, so I will be looking forward to playing something new and this game looks sweet. Cant wait to try the new All-Star game slam dunk contest and it looks like they brought back the 3pt shootout as well. My biggest hope is that they fixed the thing where players had to turn around to catch the ball on the break last year. That was VERY annoying so hopefully that is fixed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

someone post what the rosters look like on this game when they can? who do they have on the Hawks? how uptodate is it? is stro on the Grizz roster? things like that...

thanks.

I still prefer NBA2K series...though the removal of the post-game abilities (vs. the previous years, esp. 2003) let me down quite a bit. hopefully it'll have more balance this year...

The rosters can't be too up to date since they are realeasing it 2 or 3 weeks sooner than they usually do. Last year the game was released around October 14 and the rosters we updated as of September15th I believe. I take it that the rosters are only up to date as of August. That means no Kenny Anderson,Jon Barry or Kevin Willis on the Hawks team.

Here is a post by someone concerning the rankings:

" man, these ratings are gettingw orse and worse as i pay more attention.

i've spent about 4 hours playingt his game now, and i must say, only the dunk contest seems to be "great" everything elsei'm sure 2k5 will out do.

Anyways, the ratings int his game are HORRIBLE beyond your wildest dreams. They practically disrespect all the old timers by rating them so low.

For example.... Bill Russell is rated an overall 74 in NBA Live 2005.... SEVENTY FOUR. That means Kobe is literally 20 points above Bill freaking 10 rings Russell....

Isiah Thomas is rated 78 in this game... which would put him below ANTOINE WALKER (he's 80)

wow.... i dont even know what to say. Seirously, EA f*cked up BAD on these ratings.....

Bottom line is... if you got extra cash, get live just for the dunk contest... if ur low on cash and only want the best bball game, i say stick with 2k5, I haven't even played 2k5, and i know already, lol."

That is sad. Those ratings suck. The Raptors are rated

higher than the Nuggets. Shame shame on EA Sports.

thats definitely disrespect

and they're suppose to rate them at their highest level (in their prime).

74 for Bill Russell? c'mon, give the dude atleast a 90 if Kobe is at 94. LEGENDS should have a rating of atleast 85, or else shouldnt be in the game.

either that, or keep the rating 74... and make changes to all other current players to make the ratings of all players lower.

let me guess, LeBron James (after 1 year) is better than Dominique Wilkens... rite?

you really like 2K4 over 2K3? I mean, other than the player updates and whatnot...? Just curious...i rarely play my 2K3 anymore, always with 2K4 despite thinking that 2K3 was really the "better game" due to, as mentioned, the post game factor. Too much up and down, little emphasis on D in the '04 version...we'll see what htis year's holds.