• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Holy cow! Falcons 4-0!

CBAreject

I know this team hasn't exactly been dominant thus far, but 4-0 is pretty darn impressive.

Somebody email Terrance Moore and Mark Bradley and berate them for being SO critical of the choice of Jim Mora Jr. for head coach. This guy has made believers out of his players (and fans). These worthless pundits wanted Crennell or Lovie Smith, who were both sexier choices and media favorites. Falcons management would've buckled under media pressure in years past. Not this time. McKay and Blank are pros.

The Carolina contest was anybody's game until Mathis made a HUGE defensive play.

How bout Kerney, too? This guy was wasted under the 3-4. He's leading the NFL now with 7 SACKS in 4 games. 7 sacks is a pretty good total for a SEASON. Wow.

I've been preaching to you guys about Kerney and Crumpler

for the last two or three years. These guys are awesome

and I root for them even though I'm not a Falcons fan.

I'd say today's win and the clobbering of ST.Louis are

pretty impressive. I mean, they just beat the Super Bowl

runner up by 17 points.

• Admin

If they can beat detroit next week, they could realistically go 6-0, maybe 7-0. They've got a very well rounded team with some solid depth on their bench.

I've beaten up their secondary for playing those garbage soft zones. But they really did the job when needed yesterday.

Just a good all around team effort. They are slowing proving everyone who doubted them wrong. This team is more than just Mike Vick. Who, by the way, is once again showing people that he's more than just a running back who takes snaps.

Oh, is it me, am I the only one who thinks that Foxsports has something against Atlanta sports in general? When they cover the Braves game, they talk about us like we're flukes. Like every good thing we do on the field is because the other team made a mistake. Not because we're any good.

The football guys were doing basically the same thing for the first 3 qtrs of yesterdays game. Early on They jawed constantly about how the falcons D wasn't going to be able to stop Foster. So we come out and do a great job of shutting him down until right before the half. He manages to gain about 25 yards on a few plays and they are right back on it "see, this is what I meant earlier when I said they start working the body". He proceeded to go 3 and out after that short gain and they never said another word about it. But it just seems that they always try to give the other teams the benefit of the doubt over us...very annoying.

yeah, Vick gives them confidence to win, something that was definitely missing last year. Despite some reporters' claims about it being a one man team...it's not quite the case. Even more surprising? the lack of impact of price.

The thing with Vick...the defense is given the confidence that, 9 times out of 10, if they keep the game close, then we have the best chance to win. Think about some of Vick's most spectacular runs ~ The Vikings two years ago, the 35yd td this past weekend...many of them have come in the fourth quarter, when the team really needed a score/to get significant yardage. He's played much more 'in control/in the pocket' during the first halves of games, leading one to think that many of the plays are scripted (what, it's usually about the first 15 or so?)...and when things start to loosen up, the team needs a score...and the defenders are tired...here comes MV, to the rescue. That's what his role (in a weird way).

you combine those things, with the old addage (being proven yet again in NY this year)...winning solves everything.

"If they can beat detroit next week, they could realistically go 6-0, maybe 7-0."

- i had that in the back of my mind as well. but i dont wanna go out and say its pretty much a done deal- cuz after all, this is FOOTBALL. theres lotta upsets in football. so u gotta take it one game at a time.

but yea, going undefeated til the BYE WEEK is VERY POSSIBLE. hard, but possible.

The N.F.L. likes to set up the schedule, as much as

possible, based on how each team preformed the previous

season. They can't change the divisional games, but

they can shuffle around the rest of them.

If this is true, and I believe it is, teams who end the

season with great records are more likely to meet each

other in regular season games the following year and

teams with poor records play each other.

Falcons didn't do too well last year. A few of this

year's opponents didn't either. Still, in our division,

Carolins went great last season. That made last Sunday's

victory special.

For the first time in a long time, all the pieces of

the Falcon team seems to be working together as a unit.

Our new rookie head coach AND all his assistant coaches

deserve a lot of credit for fitting the pieces together

and making it work.

With all the sucess so far, we can see a lot or room

for improvement and so can the coaches. If the Falcons

are this good now, just think of what they are capable

of becoming!!!

I'm hoping for the same results for the Hawks this

upcoming season - - Don't see why not. Just think,

three Atlanta pro teams going to the playoffs!

Braves, Falcons & Hawks.

Go "Big A"

cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif