• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry's All-Star Game Wild, 3-Point Shooting Fun

jaywalker72

For the last couple of weeks, Jason Terry has asked sponsors and fans to give to the UNCF.

On Sunday, Terry and his NBA friends gave back to the community of Atlanta, in the form of a wild, free wheeling All-Star game.

A surprising number of NBA players attended, but few were of significant height, leaning more towards Terry’s 6’3 frame than anyone of Shaq-like proportions.

“We point guards have to stick together. I am appreciative of the way my NBA friends and family have come together here and supported this cause,” said the gracious host Terry.

Some of the guard heavy roster included Nick Van Exel, Kenny Anderson, Sam Cassell, Derek Anderson, Jamaal Tinsley, Terry, DerMarr Johnson, and Baron Davis.

Some of the frontcourt players included Shareef Abdur-Rahim (whose game is out of place in these non-fundamental dunkfests), Charles Oakley, James Posey, and Jermaine O’Neal.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/

Excellent article, as usual. Nice to have such a talented

Hawks fan right here on Hawksquawk.

Keep up the good work. Sounds like Hawks may have

a "New" center on the coming season's team.

Jason Terry means a lot to Atlanta, both on and off the

court. He has spent a lot of his time and effort in the

promotion of this city and I applaud him for his efforts.

Gray Mule

11 three's (six or seven in a row). He was on fire for a while there. You're right about Reef, this type of game is just not the type of game where he looks good. His fundamentally sound game is rather boring compared to the incredible displays of athleticism shown by Jermaine O'Neal, Larry Hughes (man that guy is athletic) and DJ (loved the between the legs dunk as well as the "Niquesque" windmill jam!) as well as the flair of guys like Van Exel, JT, Tinsley, Davis, etc.

It was nice to see Theo stand up to O'Neal's challenge. For a while there, I didn't think he was going to contest any of O'Neal's shots. I'm glad he didn't try to do too much though and injure himself in a meaningless game. JT scared the hell out of me on a couple of occasions. One time, he tried to catch an alley oop with one hand on the dead run and almost landed flat on his back. The other time, Kenny Anderson accidentally undercut him a little bit and he fell pretty hard. I was like whoa man, slow down JT!

All in all, it was a fun afternoon. The game benefitted a great cause and it was good to see a little hoops action, even if no D was being played at all.

On the between the legs dunk, he came from the left side, put the ball between his legs from his left hand to his right, and jammed it down the middle with authority! I don't know if you remember JR Rider doing that dunk when he won the dunk contest but it was virtually identical to that dunk. VERY impressive! The windmill jam was also pretty impressive. I think Nique kind of liked it because I saw him smiling and laughing right after he did it. He probably told everyone on the bench "I taught him that one!" DJ had a few other nice dunks, one where he went baseline and O'Neal let him go and another where he came down the lane and O'Neal let him go. O'Neal, DJ, Larry Hughes and Derek Anderson all had some impressive dunks but bias aside, DJ's two best ones were as good, if not better, than all the rest. I think DJ should DEFINITELY compete in the dunk contest. The between the legs dunk was as good as any that I saw when Mason won it.

NOTE: I noticed Nique talking to DJ quite a bit during the game and I also saw him with his arm around DJ's neck walking off the floor as he was telling him something. DJ was nodding his head and smiling. I don't know what was being said but it appeared that Nique was giving him some advice. Whatever was going on, there is CLEARLY nothing but good feelings between those two. It certainly appears that DJ and Nique have a good relationship and that's great. Apparently, Walter is the only one concerned about DJ's so called "Nique dissing" after his first season!

Ok if DJ can do that in a game situation( even though there was probably no defensive pressure) I am not worried about him finishing at the goal this season. I always knew DJ was a good athlete, but I didn't think he had enough control of his body to windmill or between the leg dunk. I do remember when Isiah Rider did that dunk. To me this is a good sign. Man the more I hear about DJ the more I want the season to start.

On a side note did you see JT? I don't know what anyone else thinks but he doesn't look like a skinny kid anymore. I was looking of some pics of him at the charity game, and he looks ripped. He really looks like his upperbody has gotten a lot stronger. This is another good sign.

I am pumped. I need some football or something to start. Baseball and all the bickering between owners has really turned me off.

say if he's put on any weight. He was always pretty cut in his upper body (just slim) and he had on baggy shorts and those trasde mark socks. His arms do look a little bigger but I wouldn't swear that he has gained any weight. By the way, JT had a nice dunk where he threw the ball high in the air and it bounced high off the floor and he caught it and dunked it. He's very athletic for a little guy!

As for DJ, he's a superior athlete in a league filled with great athletes. He just needs to continue to work on his strength and body control. Not many guys in the NBA have the kind of rise that he does. Both dunks were done effortlessly. It wasn't like he needed a lot of space to get either of them done. The kid definitely has unreal hops.