• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's wait a year

Hello Hawks fans!!! I have a suggestion...instead of trying to make a trade this year, why don't we wait a year and see how this team does. After this year we will see just how much talent we actually have and also next year there will be a tremendous amount of talent on the market...does the name Tim Duncan ring any bells (Kobe will be free next year too I think). Of course I know Tim Duncan isn't coming to the Hawks but I don't think it would be a bad idea to wait it out for a year...think about it, all the Hawks promised this year was a playoff berth (which is doable with our current roster barring any injuries) not a championship. I know our salary cap situation will affect this but unfortunately i'm not as up on the dollars and cents part of the game as some of you are. Hit me back and tell me what you think.

Honestly, I'm tired of losing. I'm ready for this team to make some noise.

If we can make a trade that would improve the team now, there's no reason not to do it. If we trade for a Spree, Jones, Miller, or Crawford and make it to the 2nd Round, it means there is still room for improvement. In that case, another trade may be in order next off-season.

Teams usually don't go from worst to first. The East is wide open right now. The Sixers and Bucks gave way to the Nets and Celtics who could easily give way to us, New Orleans, Miami, or Indiana.

True...but, making a trade for a player like Spree this year would greatly affect our chances at landing a bigger name next year. Like I said earlier...with the roster we have now, we should make the playoffs and add some excitement back to this team, I think this would actually make us more appealling to some of the big name guys that will be looking for a new team next year. Just think, we still need a good point guard and one of the best if not the best in the league will be a free agent next year.....JASON KIDD. Think about it, would you rather make a run at Spree this year or Jason Kidd next year...of course i'm not saying that Jason Kidd WILL be a Hawk next year, but i do think this is worth thinking about.

I think we have to move on Mike Miller if we get him for Nazr and Cash then we make a good move for the future. Crawford is not a good fit if we get him DJ moves to SF thus rendering him useless. Spree is old and has abig contract he will make us win but at a huge cost to our championship hopes. Lets wait and make some big moves next offseason.

I keep seeing Spree's name pop up...why is everybody so high on this guy? Don't get me wrong, he's a good player but I don't see him being the answer to any of our needs. He'll demand to much money, he's getting old, and I don't feel he's a very good TEAM player. Heck, if we're going to go that route why not go all out and see if the Sixers will give up Iverson for Hendu, Nazi, $100, a hot dog, 2 beers, a peep whole into the Hawk Dancers dressing room, and a years worth of free parking passes at Phillips Areana (ha ha ha just kidding). But anyway, I think you guys get the point...let's pass on Spree and see what comes up next year.

I Kinda agree readytownin. If we don't get a sweet deal this year don't force it. We have enough talent to make the playoffs this year and doing so will make us attractive to free agents.

Why wouldn't some of the big name free agents want to play here? Atlanta is a great city. And the team is showing they are commited to winning for the future. I could see Jermaine Oneal in a hawks uniform. Does anyone have a complete list of 2003 freeagents?

Just Imagine

JT

DJ

SAR

Oneal

Theo

We won't sign any freeagents unless we show we are an up and coming team, and if we are lottery team the freeagents we attract will be overpaid gold diggers. We need to make noise in the playoffs to attract big name freeagents.

I tried to get a list of all the free agents for next year but so far I haven't been able to. Getting Oneal next year would be great but if we were able to get him I would rather see this lineup...

JT

DJ

SAR

Theo

Oneal

Oneal (6-11, 242) is larger than Theo (6-10,230) and in my opinion would be a better defensive pressence in the middle. But like I said earlier, it might be in our best interest to wait until next year to before we try to make any big moves. By the way ATLien, your angels are tight, especially old girl on the far left.

Yea the one on the left is my favorite of this group also. Thanks for noticing them. It thought about putting Oneal at center also because I think he is more physical than Theo, but then I thought Oneal wanted to play PF thats why Indiana got Brad Miller? Is that what went down?

By the way that Pic of the Dance team came from Arbor Place mall out here in Douglasville. I happened to be at the mall that day and they look good in person. They tried to talk me into to dancing, but I didn't want to show them up wink.gif LOL.

I'm not really sure why Indiana doesn't want to commit Oneal to the center position full time, he'd kill every center in the east except for a healthy Mourning and Deke (if he could send his self back in time 5 years). As far as the Dancers go, I always enjoy seeing them when I go to the games...once I actually got down to the floor and tried to holla at on of them but then security came over and they were all on some arrest a guy type crap (ha ha ha ha i'm just kidding you guys). Anyway, I think we have a chance to make a good move if we just remain patient, there's going to be a more talented pool of free agents next year.

You live in Douglasville?That place has grown since I lived

there and went to Alexander.I go there now and I can't

believe how big the place is getting.I lived there for about

7 years alltogether and went to school at Bill Arp/Alexander

and Fairplay Midde School(I HATED that school).However,I

have not been able to go to the mall as of yet.