• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do the Hawks get Tyson Chandler?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

What's the Hawks biggest problem? Interior defense.

There aren't many options out there, but I think Chandler would be a good place to start. He's a FA at the end of this year and probably won't be returning to Chicago, so he shouldn't be too expensive. Plus, Skiles seems to be fed up with both Curry and Chandler. (Benched Chandler the other night for slapping the backboard after a dunk).

Do you think Diaw/2nd plus Drob/Collier would get it done?

BTW, look at Chandler's #'s after the All-Star Break two years ago:

31 min./game, 54% FG, 1.9 blks., 9.7 rebs., and 11.7 pts.

So the talent is obviously there. He *may* just need a change of scenery.

Thoughts?

• Admin

I am not a fan of Chandlers game. But he just hasn't had it in Chicago. The kid obviuosly has talents and has shown that he, at the very least, can be a solid rebounder/defender in the league. I would be willing to trade some of our low rent stiffs and/or maybe Diaw for him. He's still VERY young and has a lot of potential.

• Premium Member

I think we can get Chandler. It will cost us more than we are willing to pay though. I think we can get him by giving up a good player... Maybe a pick... But Chicago won't stop until we have taken A. Davis?

The only way that happens is if we give them Walker.

What works is Walker/CC for Chandler/Davis.

To that I say NO... Unless there was a way we could get Walker back next season? That would be slick... Unfortunately with AD, I don't think we could do it.