• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ACC bias...

CBAreject

Has anyone noticed that whenever someone predicts our 2005 draft on this board, it involves almost exclusively ACC players???

How many scorecards go

Chris Paul #3

Julius Hodge #21

Luke Schenscher 2nd round ?

That's ridiculous. Look, I'm a big ACC fan, too. I'm currently at my third ACC school, so maybe I should be accused of not looking outside the southeast, myself. I love Jarrett Jack, and I'd like to think that Luke could make a team some day. However, you have to consider that there are other players in the college ranks. Who thought Devin Harris was the #5 pick at this point last year? There are also high school kids who will make a big impression.

I guess there's nothing wrong with hoping to fill our roster with a bunch of UNC, Wake, and Tech kids. It sure would be fun, since we're already fans of them. I'm just saying that it's so improbable that we draft more than one of them that we shouldn't plan on it. Not only is it improbable, it wouldn't be best for the team. As much as I like Luuuuuke, I don't think he can play in the NBA. Sorry guys.

I'm a Tech student and I follow them as close as anyone, and I don't think Luke will be a good NBA player at all either. Maybe a 2nd rounder that hangs around for a couple of years. Jack on the other hand could be truly special, and so could Chris Paul. BJ elder can be a decent role player.

But your overall point is correct about people going nuts over the ACC.

I believe that is an accurate accessment and is just something that comes with living in ACC country.

I follow college basketball even more religiously than the Hawks, so I could ramble on about West Coast guys like Ike Diogu for days.

I think Babcock's lack of scouting caused him to, for the most part, stick to guys like McLeod, etc.

I don't think we would have seen Babcock take a chance on a guy like Diaw or Donta Smith.

No denying that the ACC produces some great players and that Paul and Jack will both be excellent players in the NBA, but there's more out there than just the ACC.

• Premium Member

Yes...

It's true... There is a ACC bias...

Aside from being in ACC country....

The ACC is definitely the best conference. Being that, they get the best players.

The Pac-10 is a joke.

The Big-10 has maybe 2 formidable teams.

The Big East has died.

The SEC is a good conference with strong teams.

But what conference can match:

Duke, UNC, Wake, GT, Maryland, & Miami.

Not to slight Conference USA, but The best players come out of the ACC & HS... And that ones that come out of HS would have gone ACC.

The players see the visibility of the ACC, and the best players go there.

As far as Jack, Paul, and Felton... Those are the best guards in the college game.