• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Who actually saw an Atlanta Hawks player in person

hawkster411

Last year when the Hawks played a preseason game with the Pacers in Mobile, Alabama, I was able to talk with Lon Kruger one on one. He was a cool guy. He took time to talk to me, and he showed an upbeat kind of personality. JT was a fan favorite. As for Demarr Johnson, I tried to get an autograph from him but he shrugged me off. But as for everyone else, they were willing to talk to the crowd. Jacque Vaughn was really cool. He took time to shake people's hands.

Oh, I mailed Lenny Wilkens a Basketball card of him while he was coaching for the Cavaliers. Get this, he mailed me back the card autographed and everything. I was shocked he answered me back. Well, that's it. Oh yeah, I got an autograph from Steve Smith.

Savannah, GA back in 96 or 97, I forget at the moment.

Got pictures w/ Deke, Smitty, and Mookie(Mookie is holding my son, he was just a baby then, but had a mini Mookie jersey on! LOL) Then they were back the following year and I got them to sign the back of the pics!! They were all very,very cool and gave us autographs, including Christian-well he signed an autograph at least LMAO

Pete is truly one of the most caring people in pro sports, that I have had to privilege of meeting, he took time out of his schedule to hand write a letter, returned a phone call of mine, and talked w/ me(at the training camp) for almost 20 mins telling me the route that he took to become a GM in the NBA. So, while he gets a lot of grief, he is a solid GM and a great person!

I saw JT and Hendu at the Super Show in ATL about 3 years back, but I was not able to get an autograph, I wish I would have had something for them to sign, but did not at the time.

I saw Kevin Willis at Lenox in ATL several years ago, he was sneaking out of the music store, near the food court. Again no autograph, but it was cool to see him.

Most athletes will sign if you are polite, and do not make a big scene, thus creating attention to them. They dont mind signing for a few folks, but geez who would want to stand there for 50 people to sign especially if they are just trying to chill on an off day or something.

GO HAWKS!!!

I met Mookie and Smitty several years ago at an autograph signing. I was one of the last people in line, so while promoters tried to rush me through, both guys took a minute or so to talk. Nice guys.

Met Jacque at Lenox Square last December. He was trying to get to his car with an armload of packages. He didn't seem to mind when I asked him for an autograph before he left.

'Nique is actually in town today to do a clinic for the children and then an autograph signing. I might check that out...maybe I can get my little cousin to go.