• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Absolutely NO SHOOTERS on this team.......

emeans

This is probably the sorriest shooting team I have seen in recent history. We have absolutely no outside shooters!!

None.

I look at Ben Gordan and Hinrich and now I truly see the Hawks problem....Nobody can shoot consistently from the perimeter. We have to make all of our points in the paint. If we had one consistent outside shooter this team would be much better. We don't even have one.

That should be our biggest priority in the offseason. We need some outside shooters period!!!

Antoine Walker is a turnover waiting to happen in crucial moments of the game and still can't shoot freethrows.

None of our point guards can shoot and we have no Shooting Guard!!

What do you propose to fix the team? As long as I can remember the Hawk's have always had a problem shooting from the outside.The Hawk's have a bunch of parts and no team concept.They pass the ball poorly and play street ball.Do the Hawk's draft Feldon or Paul and will any free agents come?Also the hawk's play poor defense and I don't see a remedy any time soon.When the hawk's build this team they need to look at the players defense ability.

BK has assembled a team that will lose, I guess he is holding out hope for the miraculous lottery pick that will turn the hawks around.. Our best 4 players, Chills, Smoove, Harrington and Walker are all basically 3/4 tweeners. We can say Smoove is a 3, or Chills is a 2, but their games are all those of a 3/4 tweener. We have the worst centers and point guards in basketball, and we have no outside shooters except Delk. This is truely a horrible team..

Ummm....yes

Look it's easy, there are a number of reasons why we can't win at present. Here they are, in order of importance in my mind:

-Inability to maintain effort for 48 minutes

-No PG

-No shooters other than Peja, including no SG

-No C

-No depth

-No real chemistry yet

-Youth is too raw

• Premium Member

During the big old fuss today about the role of our rookies on this team, and the comparison to Chicago’s young guns, I didn’t even realize that we were playing them today.

But oh yeah, baby. We got hammered by DA-BULLS. *lol*

4 minutes left in the game…down by 17…Chill’s ridin’ the pine. Yeeaaah, that’s helping him develop that long-range game. From the bench to the bucket…? Yep, that’s a good distance for him to practice shooting.

Toine and Harrington…?

Only, a combined 14 for 44…

Chill and Smoove…? I bet they learned a lot on their COMBINED 2 for 6. Oh wait, MY bad…Smoove was 2 for 6 in 35 minutes on AW/AH’s leftovers. Chill was o-fer…in 22 minutes.

Something’s got to give people. The young guys aren't going to learn to shoot like that...not any time soon anyway.

Maybe Casey Jacobsen can help us out if we can get him in the offseason. As to the other question about the pointguards seeing that we have poor shooters Chris Paul would be the better option than Felton.

Quote:

Antoine Walker is a turnover waiting to happen in crucial moments of the game and
still can't shoot freethrows.

None of our point guards can shoot and we have no Shooting Guard!!

Wrong game to pick on Walker about his Free Throws. He went 10-14 tonight.

But everything else.....YEP.

• Premium Member

With young players drafted in the lottery. Every team in the NBA gets horrible at one point or another and builds it back up. That really doesn't bother me. I'll bet Cleveland isn't even thinking about that horrible season that landed them LeBron. Neither is Miami regretting the season that landed them Dwayne Wade.

The problem is, we're not really playing our young guys. We don't know what the hell we have...

Quote:

With young players drafted in the lottery. Every team in the NBA gets horrible at one point or another and builds it back up. That really doesn't bother me. I'll bet Cleveland isn't even thinking about that horrible season that landed them LeBron. Neither is Miami regretting the season that landed them Dwayne Wade.

The problem is, we're not really playing our young guys. We don't know what the hell we have...

The only way we are going to find out what we have is if BOTH AW and AL are traded and the kids get all the shot attempts and all the minutes...

• Premium Member

If one of them were traded, the other would move to 4, Smoove goes to 3, and the 2 guard position is WIDE open. Most importantly, by default SOMEBODY has to step up to that #2 scorers role. The shots won't take themselves.

• Premium Member

And the young guys are doing nothing. We are headed to the lottery anyway. We might be as bad as Orlando last year...but even still, if we were as bad as them last year, we'd at least have Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

.Chicago doesn't seem to be doing so badly with their young guys BTW...and all they have is a bunch of Baby Bulls bouncing around Antonio Davis.

No doubt I'd like to see the kids in the game more, but none of them can consistantly knock down a shot. Heinrich & Gordon were both revered as great shooters in college. We've got a bunch of slashers and cutters. If we played only our rookies, there would be no reason to even guard the perimeter against us. Teams would just clog the paint and dare us to shoot.

My problem is BK costructing a horrible team..Our point guards suck, our centers can't rebound or defend at all, and we don't have anything that resembles a 2 guard..Bk created a huge mess and his only answer seems to be to lose and hope to get lucky..We might as well trade Walker, see what we can get for him, that would guarantee very few wins and cement us as at least the 2nd worse team..

That ticks me off majorly and Woody has done it all year. I don't see what good it's doing anyone by leaving the veterans in the game when we're down by 20-25 points with 5 minutes left. They've already proved that their gonna get beat down, so might as well give someone else a chance.

• Premium Member

Nobody saw Wade either. In 2001, they didn't see Pau Gasol, at least we didn't so we traded that pick away for Reef, some established talent. Nobody saw Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitski at 9 and 10 in 98; and Milwaukee CERTAINLY didn't know they were trading Robert Traylor for TODAY'S Dirk Nowitski.

The Draft lottery is where the future of this league is. Make no mistake about that. We in particular need to pay attention to it because we have absolutely NO free agent draw here.