• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only players worth drafting

hotboyj

Bogut will be an all-star in this league. He will instantly be the best passing big man in the league, he'll put up a double double every night, and he'll be a great fit with the speedy athletes the hawks have (The Smiths, Childress, Harrington). He'll be able to hit those guys cutting to the basket, and he'll be great at starting the fast break. It's much easier to find a PG than a franchise center. If you get a chance to draft a big time center, you do not pass it up.

Quote:

Bogut will be an all-star in this league. He will instantly be the best passing big man in the league, he'll put up a double double every night, and he'll be a great fit with the speedy athletes the hawks have (The Smiths, Childress, Harrington). He'll be able to hit those guys cutting to the basket, and he'll be great at starting the fast break. It's much easier to find a PG than a franchise center. If you get a chance to draft a big time center, you do not pass it up.

Lets not get carried away. Bogut has performed very well this season by to say he will immediately be the best passing big man in the NBA is crazy. Guys like Brad Miller, Vlade Divac, Yao and others have already established themselves as top performers in the league. There is absolutely no guarantee that Bogut will perform anywhere near that level - particularly as a rookie.

Also, I agree that it is more difficult to find a franchise center then a point guard. But Bogut is not the certifiable guaranteed franchise big man type like, Shaq, Duncan, Mourning, Ewing, etc. Jon Koncak was a lottery pick big man too, so there certaintly is room for error. Finally, while it is easy to find a servisable point, a great point guard can substantially elevate the play of his teammates - thus having a much greater impact then statistics alone. Look at what Kidd did for Jersey and what Nash is doing for Phoenix.

Will everyone who doesn't know what they are talking about please keep their comments to themsleves. Felton is the all time leading scorer in the state of South Carolina, along with being the record holder for seniors in the 3pt field goal category. Felton is the type of player that will play however the coach wants him to. Obviously his role at UNC is to be the distributor and is dooing very well at that right now. In highschool it was scoring, where he averaged more than 30 ppg. Along with over 7 apg. Paul is a natural scorer with good passing skills. Nor only is Felton a better passer, but he is a better athlete. You would guess that when he played football, baseball, and ran track in highschool. Now for those who think we need to pick Jarrett. When BJ went down, it was time for him to step up, and guess what he did, regressed. He isn't big enough to be a sg. He doesn't have good enough handles or passing to be a pg. This is JT minus the scoring, which is nothing. At least Bynum can hit the game winner.

What I meant by my comment Employee8, is that too many people on this forum state why someone should be placed on the Hawks based on likeness. I for one do not like Felton, I actually like Paul more thanks to my father going to Wake Forest, but I don't go around raving about him like many Techies do for Jack. If people would put more thought and a little research in to their threads, then maybe I wouldn't have to tell people to shut up, when they are talking out of their a$$

Quote:

What I meant by my comment Employee8, is that too many people on this forum state why someone should be placed on the Hawks based on likeness. I for one do not like Felton, I actually like Paul more thanks to my father going to Wake Forest, but I don't go around raving about him like many Techies do for Jack. If people would put more thought and a little research in to their threads, then maybe I wouldn't have to tell people to shut up, when they are talking out of their a$$

People are entitled to their opinions. There is no guarantee that Jack won't be better than both Paul and Felton. I am sure no one thought Steve Nash would be the best point guard in the NBA when he came out of college, but he is. We don't know, that is what makes talent evaluation so hard.

Just because someone is a fantastic athlete, has great size or a pretty jumper, does not mean they will be a great basketball player. If that were the case, Desagana Diop, Michael Olowakandi, and Stanely Roberts would be franchise centers. Darius Miles, Harold Minor, Gerald Wallace and Kenny "Sky" Walker would be more than role players. Steve Alford, Trajon Langdon and Dennis Scott would be mentioned in the same breath as Reggie Miller and Ray Allan.

• Premium Member

What's the big deal with Reddick? He's a good shooter, but so was Shawn Respert. They both had the same game and were both listed at 6'2"-3".SG in the NBA is a difficult position to play at that height unless you have some serious athleticism and the ability to score off the dribble ala Ben Gordon or Iverson. With the variety of PG's available in this year's draft(paul,felton,jack,deron williams,krauser,thomas,gilchrist),ATL should have no problem finding a decent PG in the first round.

• Premium Member

I believe Paul will be better than Felton...

Gilchrist... Oddly enough could be like Francis is now. More of a 2 guard because he's very strong as a 1. The problem is just like Francis, I think Gilchrist will suffer from turnovers and unlike Francis, I believe that he will have probalems adapting to playing defense on the next level..

BUT.. I think Gilchrist will definitely come in stronger than Felton or Paul... However, his Basketball IQ and Ball handling will be suspect...

If I had to give all the PGs a model...

Gilchrist - Francis with less defense.

Felton - Baron Davis with less scoring ability.

Paul - It's hard... He's Like Steve Nash with the Basketball IQ of Brevin Knight and better defense than Both... I think he will be special, I just hope he's not a injured player...

Jack - He's a like Chauncey Billups. He's a big guard but he has a lot of heart, good basketball IQ.

Derron Williams - I would say Bibby with less scoring ability.