• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogut is a PussyBaller Knight wont draft Him

BlackHawkDown

Quote:

Scouting Report: Many believe him to be the top player in the nation ... Was on NBA scouts' radar screens before he ever even arrived at Utah ... Widely expected to enter the draft after his sophomore campaign, and a projected lottery selection ... Has incredible hands ... Snatches rebounds like he has Velcro attached to them ... Possesses a dynamic low post game ... Great drop step ... Shoots a high percentage because he can set himself up so well down low with his footwork ... Extremely fluid, he has as much finesse as he does brawn with his back to the bucket ... Possesses excellent touch to complete his execution ... Range extends out to beyond the 3-point arc ... Tremendously gifted passer at 7-0 ... Owns a great feel for the game ... Highly productive shot-blocker, but perhaps not as prolific as one might hope ... Not a run/jump athlete, and prefers to stay at home defensively to keep himself in rebounding position

If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were reading the scouting report on HAKEEM OLAJUWON. shocked.gif

The "White" Version, perhaps? grin.gif

• Premium Member

I've been doing my homework on Bogut.

He got game, but it's Eurogame.

What EuroCenter has come into the league and been a dominant force? Unfrotunately, the things I hear about Bogut is that on one level he's the next Vlade Divac with less wit... On another he's the second coming of Okur...

It's scary.... However, I would risk it if he was good in the up close and personal practice.

Bring him in against Schenster, Aldridge, and Frye... Then let's see what we have.

If he is not head and shoulders more dominant than those guys then BHD might be right, why draft somebody who is no better than Collier.

"I've been doing my homework on Bogut.

He got game, but it's Eurogame.

What EuroCenter has come into the league and been a dominant force? Unfrotunately, the things I hear about Bogut is that on one level he's the next Vlade Divac with less wit... On another he's the second coming of Okur..."

Please explain what part of his game is "eurogame"..Please tell us where you hear he is Divac with "less wit"..I am sure you will have no trouble since you did your homework.

I am not doubting you, its just that I have not read anywhere he has "eurogame", or that he a dumber version of Divac..

Priest barely played any college ball, he had no numbers against anyone..He was drafted solely based on his enormous size..As far as Kandi goes, his college numbers were not even in the same ballpark as Boguts..Kandi was an athletic shotblocking 7 footer..Not even close to Boguts numbers.

I agree with Tmac. I can't think of a bust who was performing on the level of Bogut. Don't think Chris Kaman, Kandi, Shawn Bradley, or Jason Collier ever put up numbers like Bogut. Can anyone name a big man bust that averaged the same numbers as Bogut on a top 25 team? There are very few centers who score as much as Bogut period, which is why he must be considered a top 3 pick.

• Premium Member

You have to do your own homework...

My homework consisted of looking up where he came from.

Australia.

He was a last minute addition to the Austrailian national team. He plays behind Chris Anstey.... Anstey gets Hurt, Bogut makes the olympic team. Now, Anstey has been a pro here in the NBA. How good do you consider him?

Bogut played well in the Olympics even though team Australia did nothing.

This season, the only C that Bogut has played against in the NCAA is Channing Frye. Bogut had a very good game. Right now, Frye is probably a 2nd round pick.

My point about Bogut is that there are a lot of question marks. I have heard him compared to Divac with less wit (meaning that he doesn't have the game saavy that Divac has and actually I don't think that many Cs would have the game saavy that Divac has) I have heard him compared to young Sabonis by some of his fans (Awesome Aussie) but that's like saying that Josh Smith is the new Dominique.

My comment about Eurogame came from this quote and game:

Quote:

"(Andrew) Bogut is a handful* He's a player. He knocked down three of four three-pointers, and that created a problem for us. He has a big body, and he uses both hands well."

- Lute Olson, Arizona Head Coach

(after the Utah vs. Arizona game on Dec. 11)

I watched that game. I hate the notion of a C shooting from the three point line. However, for a Europlayer, it's expected.

What you need to understand is that a dominant C in the US does not shoot three pointers. A dominant C in the US should be one with a dominating low post game or a midrange game (15' and in) ala Kareem (in his sky hook days). There have been no EuroC other than Sabonis that could dominate the Paint/Lowpost. I would love it if Bogut was but from what I have seen, he's not yet. He relies on others to get him the ball via alley opps, however, he doesn't have the back to the basket moves... however, I will admit that I haven't seen many Bogut games.

That's why I'm glad that Utah will be in the NCAA tourney and I'm glad that there are personal workouts.

Like i have stated several times, before we get all giddy about him, let's see more of him...