• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is wrong with Lue

hotboyj

I can't remember a moment this year where I just fell out of my seat. I mean Lue gets the ball stolen and starts whaling Najera. What's so bad about it is that he doesn't even rattle the guy. Najera comes back and pats Lue on the butt. Maybe he had a flashback to where Iverson j'd him in the finals. Well hopefully this will earn Diaw the start. Only if Mike Woodson new of this word called rotations. How in the world do you have three of the same players on the floor with Guggs,Collier, and Drobs. Has anyone noticed that at the start of everygame Smoove hits a long 2 pter. His shot is coming along nicely. Now only he could get some handles and Childress would cut that fro off.Speaking of Smoove, he really needs to talk to Kenyon, Royal may never be the same after that hit.

Kenyon Martin is a bad attitude and Josh needs to stay away from people like him.

Smith got benched for running his mouth at the coach tonight.

That needs to be discussed too.

This is why I said losing can get to you, by the end of the season this is going to be a mess.

Al is a great kid but he isn't a tough leader.

Quote:

Kenyon Martin is a bad attitude and Josh needs to stay away from people like him.

Smith got benched for running his mouth at the coach tonight.

That needs to be discussed too.

This is why I said losing can get to you, by the end of the season this is going to be a mess.

Al is a great kid but he isn't a tough leader.

geez tip...we know u have a hard-on for walker, but get over it...we LOST with walker...we had the worst record in the league with walker...so losing now is what we woulda done with walker...we lost 19 in a row on the road with walker...walker was not the answer...

I don't think it's K-Mart that is rubbing off on Smith. This was the rap on him when we drafted him. I remember reading that he seems dis-interested at times, which is exactly what appeared to be going on out there. I watched the game and I was perturbed with how Smith was playing. He didn't challenge many shots on defense when he had the opportunity to. One time Marcus Camby went coast to coast and dunked the ball because Smith didn't hustle all the way back on D. I noticed that teams are getting physical with him when we're on offense as well. You can see that he definitely doesn't like that. He's got to give help side defense everytime. I think he's afraid of getting dunked on. When someone gets a run on him, he just backs off and lets them finish. This isn't a freakin all-star game, challenge the damn shot. Josh Smith is one of the most physically gifted atheletes I've ever seen, but he's got to do more.

On another note:

If we are going to shoot 36% from the field, we'll suffer humiliating losses everynight.

A final point:

If anyone thinks that we don't need a point guard, please watch this game. 23 Turnovers is pathetic.

I believe the problem with Josh Smith is he has hit that rookie wall. I also believe he doesn't have enough experience to handle the expectations bestowed upon him after his slam dunk contest performance. Smith needs to work on his strength, ballhandling, and outside shot in the offseason. I think experience will help him handle guys like Melo in the future

Other than Camby in the paint, I thought the Denver D was pretty weak. We had several open jumpers available that we either missed or passed up. We could really use a good shooter. I though Lue actually played well in the 1st quarter and then got frustrated and played poorly the rest of the way. JChill had a decent game but he must be willing to shoot the outside jumper more often or risk really disrupting the O. I really hope he uses this offseason to work on his J.

• Premium Member

I didn't hear that. What I heard was that he seemed to get down on himself when he didn't play well and seemed comfortable with just relying on his athleticism (which people didn't think he could do on the pro level).

We need a bunch of things...to include a PG. However, I think our biggest problem right now is that these guys are JUST NOW having to figure the game out. They've got a little experience under their belts, but their real rookie season starts now.

I like Josh Smith a lot, i think he has a ton of potential, his jumpshot looks good, i think in time more of them are going to start falling, but the way he played last night reminded me of the way he played in that rookie game, and that really sickened me, to see him standing around and letting people get to the basket with no effort to contest the shot is disgraceful, he seems a bit timid, im not sure he has drive or killer instinct needed to become a star player, god i hope he does though

Not calling you out Wretch, just wanted to show you where I read the disinterested thing at...

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/josh_smith.asp

Josh Smith

Birthdate: 12/5/85

NBA Position: Small Forward

College: None

Class: HS Senior

Ht: 6-8

Wt: 221

Hometown: Smyrna, GA

High School: Oak Hill Academy

2003 Stats

NBA Comparison: Vince Carter (with heart)

Strengths: Explosive athlete capable who can jump out of the gym … Has shown a more consistent jumper from 3-point range … Above average rebounder who uses his long arms and quick leaping ability to grab boards … Excellent finisher on the fast break where he really knows how to finish with flair and excitement … Defensively he understands how to play the passing lanes for easy steals … Shows a great sense of timing when he blocks … On his drives to the lane he has the body control and creativeness to maneuver through the lane even in traffic … Has really filled out this past season and now has the kind of body needed to play in the NBA … Does a great job of extending his body on his penetrations to get to the basket … Not a bad shooter from mid-range when he has he feet set … Still doesn’t show great court awareness during games as he tends to make costly mental mistakes … Potentially there are few in the draft with his kind of upside … Runs the court like a deer … Decent passer who is unselfish and sees the floor … Shows solid lateral quickness on defense …

Weakness: Will need to improve on his overall ball handling … This will aid him in taking opposing players off the dribble … While he has three point range he lacks consistency … Will need to work on his shot selection as he can get a little too carried away … Lacks any real post up game to take advantage of mismatches … Mid range shooting remains questionable off the dribble … Has a tendency to get careless with the ball … Concentration level tends to vary as he can seem almost uninterested in the game … Defensively he needs to work on becoming more committed … Settles at times for taking outside shots instead of driving to the basket … Decision making has some questions surrounding it due to his average basketball awareness …

-Matthew Maurer - 4/8/04

^^^^This guys description is pretty accurate^^^^^