• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revenge of the Sith

chillzatl

• Moderators

Do you know if there are any links to a good trailer for the movie? I saw one that was pretty cool when my wife was watching the "OC" but the other trailers I've seen haven't been as good.

BTW - the "story" is what will make or break this film along with dialogue and character development. If we get another two-dimentional Lucas film we can expect another dissappointment from these prequels.

• Admin

the other things you've seen are just tv spots. You can check www.theforce.net. They should have links to all the available media.

The story is simply badass. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book, with the exception of a few small parts. Maybe half a chapters worth in the entire book. If he gets the performances to match the dialogue, it's going to be a great flick.

I wish Lucas would have repeated his previous format of directing only the first in the trilogy and then taking 'executive producer' roles on the next two...

the second was simply aweful (in terms of dialogue). It's like the actors simply read from the story board....and to that, you have only the director (Lucas) to blame.

• Admin

I think the dialogue isn't the problem. It's actors that can't deliver it. He's got guys delivering lines like they're shakespear. Nobody talks like that any more. You'll notice that the really good actors, liam neeson, christopher lee, Ian Mcdarmid, do it and it sounds good, perfect. But the younger guys struggle with that stiff neck old school shtick.

The dialogue in the books is no different than in the movies. I've read all three and while the first two, story wise, weren't as good as this one, the dialogue was the same. Same style, and they all read just fine. But the younger actors can't deliver that stuff without it sounding hokey.

Watch one of them in spanish with english subtitles, changes the entire film!

That is really my only reservation. I hope the actors have improved enough to do it convincingely. Ewan got better between 1 and 2. I hope he's even better and the other guy improves as well. I'll be good regardless. But that will make the difference in good and great.

it's simply too 'sound bite-ish' for me. True, episode IV had many of the same 'things,' and we now consider them 'loveable/laughable,' it's simply snow-balled at this point, encompassing too much of the 'flow'.

While not a fan of Portman, in this series or any other movie (not to mention her cheering/kissing a loathed swimming opponent while at Harvard (and myself at Princeton)), most of the other actors have delivered several memorable performances in other films, of a variety of natures...yet those skills are lost in the trilogy).