• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford Claims Hawks Looking At Deron At #2

AHF

• Moderators

Ford claims that Deron Williams got the better of Felton during their head to head workout for the Bobcats. He said that Deron is moving up on boards and that he was highly prized by the Hawks, Bobcats and Hornets. Deron supposedly impressed with his new physique (trimmer and faster). He said that the Hawks are now considering taking Deron over Marvin at #2.

• Admin

That would be dumb to take him at 2. If the Hawks want him so much take Marvin Williams at 2 and trade him to NO at 4. THat way we get our point guard and get fill another need like Center if we can get Magloire in the deal.

I am all for taking Deron. I know we could take Marvin and figure out some trade but with the Hawks luck in the past...Someone will take Deron before us(if the Hawks indeed move back.) Its almost like going to a store and finding a shirt you love. But you dont want to buy it till it goes on sale. And the next time you go back to the store, the shirt is gone and you are kicking yourself that you didnt purchase it in the first place.

It almost seems like the Bucks will take Bogut. If Marvin falls to us, Im sure hes going to be a very nice player, but we already have a solid forward in Al Harrington. I mean Al did alot of nice things this past year and it seems likes hes just enterting his prime being in his mid 20's.

I mean this starting lineup looks nice but incomplete, because I have no idea who they will add at Center.

Deron Willians PG

Josh Childress SG

Josh Smith SF

Al Harrington PF

Plus the Hawks have the top pick in round 2 (someone always falls that was thought to go in round 1) or maybe they purchase a 1st rounder or make a trade to move to the back of the first round. And if we dont fill the need of PF and/or Center through the draft, their is always free agency.

I feel good about the possibilities but reality is another thing :x

If you trade Al Harrington then you don't have a powerforward. It would also add to the thinking by alot of fans that we like to trade away players. You have to figure in what the players around the league would think about a team that trades it's best player away every year.

I agree Jez about picking up Morris. Hopefully he can do as well as Nazi and Jamal have done, comming from Kentucky. In my opinion, it might be to early for Morris to start but he could really help the Hawks off the bench. You never know though, he could get catch some of whatever Dwight Howard is on (compliment) or we could bomb on big men in free agency and he would be forced to start.

If the hawks come away with Deron Williams and Randolph Morris(if he stays in) I would be really excited. I love the possibility of having this group of exciting young athletes with local ties (ie. Josh Smith, Randolph Morris and Al Harrington who almost went to Ga Tech.)

Honestly i hope this is true, because i just DO NOT want Marvin Williams, and i think Deron is the best point guard in the draft, and the Hawks need a point guard

I wasn't ever for getting Deron until I heard about him losing weight and getting into better shape, that was really the only thing about him i questioned, but he seems to be a better all around athlete than Paul or Felton when you factor in strength and size, i think he will be a great addition

If the Hawks do select Deron at the 2 spot, i hope they can make a trade for another middle of the first round pick so they can draft either Petro, or Andrew Bynum

Yea, I am with you. I do not trust a word out of Chad Ford's mouth. I think he is trying to grab headlines again.

I would not cry if we took Deron at 2 since we need a point though. What I do not like is Chad trying to "show our playing cards" in this game of poker. Nevertheless Chad makes a living by making "shocking" revelations.....geeesss

• Admin

Naturally, if BOgut is there, we have to take him. But I don't want Marvin. He may have this "superstar potential". I think there's more hype there than substance right now. BUt who knows. I just don't think we need another wing. We have a potential star wing in Smooth, Marvin only confuses the situation.

At this point, I would prefer Paul or Deron, for now..

I'd be happy with Bogut, Marvin, or Deron at 2.

Bynum sounds interesting farther down too, but we probably won't be able to get him too. (Getting greedy)

Then trade to get Ukic, or pick Nate Robinson at 31. Nate will hound your ass all over the court and is fun to watch. He and Lue could probably hold us over until next year if we don't get Deron at PG.

yeti

(I hate draft night trades. They pick someone, I get wound up, and then they announce a trade. Like with Gasol. What a letdown.)