• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dion the right choice for reserve 2/3?

markgatl

Yes, he is an emerging talent, but he will never develop without consistant pt. I realize that injuries have slowed his progress. We're looking to contend and we have a lot of good young talent without him. Would he be best on our bench or as trade bait to aquire a vet 2/3 who can stroke the 3 like a Piatkowski, LMurray, or etc.?

But a key thing you need out of your reserves, esp. the sixth man (which will be Nazr or Dion, probably Dion as he can back up two positions) is instant scoring - Dion excels at this. Everything else aside, the boy can take it to the rim and create his own shot on just about anyone. If the season reveals that we need more range from bu's, then perhaps we consider something before the trade deadline. Otherwise, keep him there as a scoring swingman!

Yeah I agree we really don't have another slasher on the team besides Dion. Terry is quick but he is also weak. Dermarr is weak and a poor dribbler.I think everyteam needs someone who can create his own shot and take it to the basket strong.

cuz if we do, we wont get much for him. Talent wise- i think hes is as talented as Richard Jeffereson.

Glover is the better offensive player while Jefferson is the better defensive player.

But if we do trade him, i dont see us getting much in return. Jefferson has more trade value than Glover (IMO). Once Glover gets known and stays INJURY-FREE, his trade value will go up and be up par with Richard Jefferson.

But he does provide that INSTANT offense off the bench. In the beginning of the season, he was our leader in PPG (i believe) and shot like what .400% 3 pointers? I thought he was having a breakout year.

He is the only backup player that is capable of producing 20-30 points when needed to (Crawford/Henderson may be able to, but Glover has a better chance).

why? because we need defense from our bench more than offense. we already have big dog, reef, and JT all capable of scoring 20pts night in and night out. and then we have theo and demarr who can score at least 10 a night. my suggestion is if we can't resign newble, we will have to sacarfice scoring from the bench and add a player like james posey (who can play both sg and sf, play good defense, and all around). if we can resign newble, i don't see a need to trade dion, becoz we will have a very balanced bench. i also agree that dion's trade value is not as high as he is supposed to be. hope that will change AND we can sign newble CHEAP.