Diesel's thoughts concerning around the league.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Well, I've been looking around and there are some things of interest.

1. Keon Clark a King? What exactly does this mean? Will he play PF or C? The main question is does he make a difference? I guess from one perspective, he is a guy that can block shots day and Night. I believe he racked up 15 on us? That being the case, he will make them better. Will the Kings win it? If they stay Healthy, I don't see why not?

2. Stoudamire. Reports out of PTL says that Stoudamire has asked to be traded. I can see it. For yrs, he's been wasting his talent on the team full of Egos. However, he makes a lot of money. Where can he go?

a. NY for Spreewell. That really works for NY but not so much for PTL. They get yet another guard.

b. Stoudamire/Anderson to GS for Mills, Fortson, and Dampiere. This would be shocking. I think it can happen, but it would be shocking to see PTL take so much Garbage.

c. Stoudamire/Davis to Minn for Brandon/Nestor. Possible.

d. Stoudamire to Toronto for Hakeem/Jeffries. Possible.

The point is that there are a lot of things possible. PTL has set the table by bringing in McInnis and Daniels. Were they trying to say that they were unsure about PG? In fact, if they could trade Stoudamire for some more help, get rid of Anderson and resign Bonzi, they'd have the size they needed in the backcourt to contend with the Lakers.

3. Surprizing Rookies. THe big Surprises I have heard is how Tayshun Prince is impressing the hell out of everyone at Pete Newell's Big Man Camp. I don't see this as being absolute truth about a players ability because White dominated last yr. But the word is that Prince used and abused Jason Richardson on day one and Jaimeson/Dunleavy on day 2. Is he trying to say that he's there to take out all of the GS Warriors?

In Detroit, they will be much better if Prince can play just halfway decent.

Billups, Stackhouse, Prince, CRob, and Wallace will be the first five. My question is What about white? Detroit shouldn't give up on him so quick. The kid has major potential. The other question is Will Prince make the league pay for not recognizing his obvious proven ability?

it seems to be LOW these days. Couple years ago, his trade value was HOT (esp during the time the KNICKS swept us in the playoffs).

I could see a STOUDAMIRE for SPREWELL trade, if we add another team to the mix.

Stoudamire to NY

Sprewell to MINN

Brandon to PORTLAND?

what u think?

i dont see the OPTION D working, since Sabonis is likely to return... and if Raptors give up Hakeem, whos their center?

I could see OPTION C working, but OPTION B is getting a little to creative smile.gif

Why are the Kings gunna win it?they aren't unless Shaq is

out.They are simply not clutch,LA's two best players I'd

take over the Kings best 3 players and nobody is going to

slow down Shaq.I'd love to see Clark's skinny butt try

and guard Shaq.That would be pretty funny.Clark is more

depth,but when you get to the playoffs he isn't going to

make a bit of difference againest the Lakers.

• Admin

From the reports Clark will be a backup for them. Unless he plays over half a game 24mins+ he will be the disappointment that he has been his entire career. Even if they play him more than that he won't bring it every night. They got a big body and someone who CAN do a few things very well. He doesnt' make them considerably better though. Divacs is 100X more intelligent about the game than Clark, has better hands and is a MUCH better defender. I don't see him alone putting them passed L.A. Though Shaqs toe surgery certainly does.

Stoudamire deserves to get out fo there. If eel sorry for him. He's not old, yet everyone talks about him like he's a hasbeen. He's wasting away in portland and I think he could be back close to all-star status again if he were playing somewhere else.

Ouch... you guys may want to put your earplugs in for this one...

There is a reason that no one in the NBA wants stoudamire and his ridiculous contract... it is because he is not a good player... it is easy (and seems reasonable) to say that he is wasting in portland but he has been handed the starters job! it is not like he is a forward or SG that has had to fight for his minutes...

he is 5-10... now unless you are an other-worldly extraordinary talent 5-10 is a defensive liability in anyone's book... he is also lazy as hell on defense(he has never fought thru a screen in his life)... this last year was the first year that he showed up in shape(wow for 12.5 mil is it too much to expect someone to be in shape?)... His assist/turnovers ratio went up this year but he shot 40% (awful)...

Greg Anthony got some of his minutes because he outplayed him terribly! anthony was a great defender and a clutch 3 point shooter (hard to believe now), he was making a tiny fraction of the money damon was making and worked his a** off the help the team... damon sulked, pissed and moaned because anthony played the 4th quarter (guess what time to play defense in the 4th quarter!)...

On top of this he makes terrible decisions with the ball and has never displayed the type of court savvy that winning teams have to have from their point guard...

when did I first know that we were in trouble? the year the spurs won the title and portland and SA were jockeying for position for home court advantage for the playoffs.. stoudamire comes out of nowhere and is quoted that any team with avery johnson starting will never win a title... great! antagonize a team with a better record than you and pick on one of the league's overachieving good guys... the funniest thing about that incident was actually steve kerr's reaction... "anyone in the nba knows that the blazers backcourt is the dumbest in the league" it was true! JR Rider and damon stoudamire are pea-brains... the day that damon is given a one-way ticket out of town will be my happiest day as a blazer fan...

rant over...

smile.gif

*phew*