• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Practice Photos

KB21

Dude they look the same height in the press conference photo and in the practice photo Marvin is not even standing close to Josh Smith. Just to reinterate what everyone has been saying Josh does look to be thicker now. I bet Smoove is around 235lbs. His dad pete is a big guy so we all should expect smoove to put on some size, it's in his genes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man are you blind, look at where Smoove's eyes are and where Marvin's eyes are. Marvin is at least one inch taller than Smoove which would make him 6-10.

Better yet look at Marvin compared to Chillz who is 6-8. Tell me he doesn't have 2 inches on Chillz.

yea, i agree- Marvin looks like an INCH taller than Josh Smith. so if josh smith is listed at 6'9" (on nba.com), then Marvin could well 6'10"

I say screw labeling players with a specific position. play Marvin + Josh + other Josh on the wings, and have true POINT GUARD to find them open. as for defense, put Josh Smith on the other team's POWER FORWARD. and 1 other player- hustle center. someone who grabs all the rebounds and puts in the garbage PUT BACKS. plus, josh smith can help him out with those duties as well.

oops, did just label Josh Smith as a PF?

Amarie is 6'9" or 6'10" and around 240..Smoove was listed at 6'9" and 225..It looks like he may have added 10 or 15 lbs. Smoove is one of the few players in the league that has the raw athleticism that Amarie does..The only thing Smoove needs is a mental makeover.."You are not a 3..You are not a 3..You are a 4..You are ferocious like Amarie..Challenge everything, dunk on everyone.."

• Moderators

Quote:

Dipsh$t have you ever heard anything about camera angles? The only way to really tell is if Marvin and Josh where facing each other head to head.

What are you talking about? Marvin is at least 9 feet tall. Check out the guy in the photo in the yellow jersey. I know for a fact he is 6'2''. Marvin looks about 1 1/2 times taller than him so he must be 9 foot something. With his athleticism and shooting ability he could be really good this year.

Quote:

What are you talking about? Marvin is at least 9 feet tall. Check out the guy in the photo in the yellow jersey. I know for a fact he is 6'2''. Marvin looks about 1 1/2 times taller than him so he must be 9 foot something. With his athleticism and shooting ability he could be really good this year.

Am I the only one who noticed his head is right under the rim? He must be at least 9.5 ft tall

there sure are some smart azzes on this thread..the guy posted a photo and made an opinion...

also if you'll notice that marvin's shadow is on #64 so he's right next to that guy(whose 6'8")..i'm not saying he's taller than smooth but before we start calling names....

• Premium Member

I've always thought he had the tools to be a PF. I mean, what doesn't he have?

He's tall enough. He can certainly keep up with guys. He can block shots. He can dunk over guys. What? He's almost big enough...and from these photos, looks like he's gotten bigger.

• Moderators

Isn't the simple way to know how tall Marvin is to just rely on his official pre-draft measurements? That is why I was a smart azz - why wonder about a photograph when someone already did the measuring for you?

When some nut on the subway says he is jesus, I'm sure all of you just don't start worshiping him.

Well I hope you don't.

Chillz is listed at 6-8, is right next to Marvin and looks quite a bit shorter than Marvin.

Do you mean to tell me Chilz's numbers are wrong too. As I said before don't always rely on someone else, at one point in your life it would be good to think for yourself.

• Moderators

Quote:

When some nut on the subway says he is jesus, I'm sure all of you just don't start worshiping him.

Well I hope you don't.

Chillz is listed at 6-8, is right next to Marvin and looks quite a bit shorter than Marvin.

Do you mean to tell me Chilz's numbers are wrong too. As I said before don't always rely on someone else, at one point in your life it would be good to think for yourself.

Are you comparing the accuracy of the official measurements at the NBA scouting combine to some nut job on the subway claiming he is the son of god?

• Admin

You're going by the label NBA.com puts next to teh "position:" section of his bio. If you look at his skill set, he is so much closer to being a PF than he is a SF, it's not even funny.

Yes he has tweener qualities. But the only tool that he is missing RIGHT NOW, to become a SF is bulk. He can already play around the basket, he can take just about any PF in the league off the drible and dunk on them, he can scan for blocks and rebounds and he's comfortable down there.

As far as being a SF, he needs something that he doesn't even possess right now. He needs a good jump shot. He needs to be able to shoot from 15' out, all the way back to the 3pt line. He also needs handles good enough to take it from the 3pt line, to the basket and not lose it. He also needs to be able to check other top flight SF's in the league. While he could do that size wise, i'm not sure he can quickness wise.

So when you put that together, to be a PF, he needs bulk.

To be a SF, he needs a jumper, better handles and improved lateral quickness.

Which is more realistic?

Quote:

You're going by the label NBA.com puts next to teh "position:" section of his bio. If you look at his skill set, he is so much closer to being a PF than he is a SF, it's not even funny.

Yes he has tweener qualities. But the only tool that he is missing RIGHT NOW, to become a SF is bulk. He can already play around the basket, he can take just about any PF in the league off the drible and dunk on them, he can scan for blocks and rebounds and he's comfortable down there.

As far as being a SF, he needs something that he doesn't even possess right now. He needs a good jump shot. He needs to be able to shoot from 15' out, all the way back to the 3pt line. He also needs handles good enough to take it from the 3pt line, to the basket and not lose it. He also needs to be able to check other top flight SF's in the league. While he could do that size wise, i'm not sure he can quickness wise.

So when you put that together, to be a PF, he needs bulk.

To be a SF, he needs a jumper, better handles and improved lateral quickness.

Which is more realistic?

He came straight out of HS, of course he wasn't going to have a consistent jumper. But if you watched him towards the end of the year, his jumper was there once he became more confident in himself. Working in the summer, his jumper has improved even more. His handles will never be so he can play the point, but they aren't as bad as most big man's eithers. And I think he is quick enough to guard SG's. That is why I think JSmoove and Marvin should both start and neither should play PF. Start JSmoove at SG, and Marvin at SF. Nobody will be able to guard them.