Boris Diaw!

djcorley

I think, next to Marvin, Bo has the most upside of any of our young players. He can do it all. He handles the ball well. He shoots well(when he'll shoot it) He can post up; He can board; He can defend; He's see the floor really well; He knows how to set up his teammates...etc. This guy is a jack of all trades and he's only 21. I think We would be crazy to trade this guy unless it's for a big that can Score and Rebound. And guess what? THERE AREN'T ANY LEFT ON THE MARKET. We should hold on to Bo. I think he's a Scottie Pippen waiting to bust loose and I would hate for him to do it in a diffrent uniform.

I don't know if its heart....but somewhere along the way it was entrenched in his basketball personality that if I look to score I am being selfish and not a very good teammate ....he definately is talented....you can tell in the summer league game when Marv and Smoove didn't play ....he looked to be more assertive....he needs to play like that all the time ...regardless of who is on the floor.

Good post. I agree. Boris has a lot of talent.

Somehow, he has become so unselfish that it hurts the

team. He passes up shots that he should take. We know

that, when he first played, he would miss a shot and

soon thereafter be removed from the game. Whether or

not it just happened that way or whether it was done

delibertly, it added to the problem. "If I shoot and

miss, then I'm out of the game" could have somehow

become ingraned into his subconcious mind, thus he

still refrains from shooting a lot.

For you Superman fans, Clark Kent is the mild mannered

reporter. We know what he is capable of. Yet, as

Superman, he does all these things but as Clark Kent

he doesn't do them.

Boris is our Clark Kent. When he puts on his Hawks

uniform, he needs to become our Superman, yet he

continues in his Clark Kent roll. What can be done

to snap him out of it on the court? I wonder if a good

fist fight or two, like they have in Hockey, would do

the trick?

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Something may finally "click" in Boris' head and he'll become a solid NBA player. But as far as realistic potential I see him rivaling Collier more than Marvin. If Collier suddenly figured out that he is 7 feet tall then he might remember to play a little defense. Same with Diaw. Mainly he just cant finish with the ball. Even if he's got a layup he might miss. His shot is smooth but I doubt he'll ever trust it, just look at how low his free throw percentages are. I like Diaw on the floor with Salim just as Diaw was a good pairing with JT but it's much more likely that we release Boris or Collier than it is that either will be traded for anything, maybe a second rouder.

• Moderators

I used to feel this way about Boris, but not anymore. He's played in enough games in the nba to show his talents. Sure he can improve, but how many guys go from timid offensive players to real threats. And while his defense isn't bad I think its overrated. Most guards can shake him loose for a good shot.

The reason he doesn't shoot is not because he has a mental aversion to it. Its because he's not a very good shooter. His position really is PG, but is he quick enough to play PG in the NBA? It doesn't look like it.

I disagree guys...i've been a professional athlete before. I know that my mindset was different at 21 then it is now at 27. It was different at 23 or 24. The perverbial light comes on and you handle yourself much different. I'm telling you guys I see a guy in Bo that can do it all. The more he plays the better he'll become. I don't know if he'll ever become a star in the league...but, he'll play for a long, long time and he'll be a double double guy. Mock my words!!!!

Timid is a very strong word to use for this guy...just because he has a pass first PG mentality. That surely doesn't make him timid. The guy is only 21 years old. He made strides toward the end of last year and he was the best all around player in the RMR this year. He's def. ascending "Mark My Words"...he's gonna be a good one.

Quote:

Quote:

but, he'll play for a long, long time and he'll be a double double guy. Mock my words!!!!

and sorry, I just dont see any timid French player ever becoming a threat. Its just not in his "nature".

I may be a stereotyping bastard, but I see his French culture as a detriment to his aggressiveness. Tony Parker is the exception, not the rule.

Got this in a recent email...enjoy you stereotyping bastard

NEWS ALERT !!!

Prime Minister Chirac has officially raised the French terror alert from "Run" to "Hide". There are only two higher alert levels in France, which are "Surrender" and "Collaborate". The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory - effectively crippling their military.

Quote:

I think, next to Marvin, Bo has the most upside of any of our young players. He can do it all. He handles the ball well. He shoots well(when he'll shoot it) He can post up; He can board; He can defend; He's see the floor really well; He knows how to set up his teammates...etc. This guy is a jack of all trades and he's only 21. I think We would be crazy to trade this guy unless it's for a big that can Score and Rebound. And guess what? THERE AREN'T ANY LEFT ON THE MARKET. We should hold on to Bo. I think he's a Scottie Pippen waiting to bust loose and I would hate for him to do it in a diffrent uniform.

Everybody that is young and can handle the ball and defense

is the next Scottie Pippen. Pretty tired of hearing it

actually. There is no the next Scottie Pippen.

Dude isn't better than Josh Howard who Billy should

have selected.