• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why does bobby keep pitching Kolb?

chillzatl

Early in the season, I was willing to give Kolb time to work through his stuff. Now, in the middle of the pennant race, we can't afford to have Kolb working through his stuff. He's got to be able to get people out, and he's simply not doing it.

I know it may be difficult to put that much on Blaine Boyer and Macay McBride, but at this point, they are simply better pitchers than Dan Kolb.

Speaking of Boyer, he was flat out nasty last night before straining his back. He and McBride have been pumping a pretty good fastball in the mid 90s up there.

Yeah I've always thought so, and I think they might have the 2 best GM's in the game.

The A's big three (Mulder, Hudson, Zito) was alot like Glavine, Smoltz, Avery, in my opinion. Both developed through the organization and all came into their own around the same time.

OK, one more mad face Kolb post. I've really been off his back sicne he was demoted to 6th on the bullpen depth chart, but last night was ridiculous. He actually let the tying run come into the on-deck circle when we had a 6 run lead. He bumped up Boyer's ERA by walking one of his men and letting two score.

I wanted to release this guy in May. I feel no differently now. I would like to dump him. If some contender thinks they can get something out of him, I would trade him for nothing.

I would like to free up some salary so we can trade for one experienced reliever--not necessarily a closer, but just a reliable guy to set up Reitsma.

Next year, the bullpen should be better. We should be able to run out:

Reitsma

Boyer

Sosa

McBride

Colon

Devine

That is a pretty good staff.

I dunno, though, Sosa might be moved into the rotation permanently. Who has been better as a starter than he has?

We have 5 good starters with Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton, Ramirez, Davies, if we want to go that way.

Similar results with different systems. Billy Beane's approach and the Braves' approach to scouting is about as different as two things can be, but both organizations seem to do better than everyone else when it comes to scouting what they like.